• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Since we're on the topic of Symphoniaaaaa

Ending theme for Tales of Symphonia the Animation: United Worlds. I love it. So much. hnnnnnng. The Opening should actually be released like... reaaaaally soon so I just can't wait to hear it. Ahhhhhh, I can't wait until November omg. <3

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The Symphonia anime is decent, but it's too rushed. Abyss had plenty of episodes to cover almost everything!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Too rushed? No way. Each episode is more than half an hour long, and done beautifully. The animation itself is brilliant, and it's the most colorful OVA I've seen in my life. Not to mention it has original music, which sounds awesome. The Abyss anime was rushed, imo.
Besides, the Symphonia OVA isn't meant to be exactly like the game.

That's just my opinion, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
You reaaaaally have to be open-minded when it comes to the OVA. For one, it's not a full-fledged anime, like Tales of the Abyss. Of course they have to switch some things around and cut things out. It's basically what Ryuryu said, especially when it comes to the animation. Compared to Abyss' animation, which I found to be a bit lacking, Symphonia's is just gorgeous because of the amount of time spent on it (or rather, because of how long it takes for each episode to come out, so yeah).

The animation has it's good points, but you won't find it if you're just close-minded about it, and fret that it's not like the game and it's 'too rushed'. It's hard to fit everything into ten episodes, after all, and back then they probably didn't even know that they were going to give it this many episodes.

Also, while it may not have been a full-fledged anime, it got more openings and endings than Abyss', and each of them are just as amazing as the nest. I can't wait to see the opening for this upcoming two episodes, and apparently there is going to be a different ending for each of the two next episodes (I think?) so if it is the case I can't wait to hear what the other ending it going to be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
They haven't said anything, so no idea. Think we might need to wait for United Worlds to end before hearing anything if they are.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm not saying the Symphonia OVA isn't beautiful, and I know they cover less because of few episodes. I just prefer Abyss. Also, is it me or were the physics in the Symphonia OVA more exaggerated than Abyss? (High jumping, dust clouds with every attack, etc.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... Dust Clouds? You're going to have to give me example of these dust clouds. ._. I saw no dust clouds in the last episode. At all. I can't tell you about Abyss because I never watched the anime. Watched a few episodes here and there, but it didn't catch my attention like Symphonia. Might be because I have much more love for Symphonia than Abyss but...

Anyways, I'm fine with you preferring abyss, but I'm saying that your reason for liking it more can easily be an opinion and objected upon.

Now, I shall present to you an amazing image that shows some things for the next ToS episode. <3

Here's one at the UFOtable Cafe's site
Then there is this one and this one

And my comments in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Well I have watched all of Abyss anime adaption. When I can find the ToS Ova I'll download them and watch them :3.
But I do want to play ToS first before watching the ova.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Playing the game (or at least reading the manga) is definitely recommended before watching the OVA. Unlike the Abyss anime, it's just soo much easier to understand if you play the game first. I've learned that people have enjoyed the OVA more if they have played the game and know the story.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
... Dust Clouds? You're going to have to give me example of these dust clouds.QUOTE]

The fight with Zelos and Regal for example. When Regal hit the ground, there was an exaggerated dust cloud effect. And it left bent and damaged concrete, which is a little much for falling from the not-so-high building.

The fight was still epically epic though. ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
You said it like there was more than one instant, and that it happened too often. :/ Let's also not forget that Regal is different than your average human...

But, I'd rather not fret with the minor details. The majority of cartoons/animes defy the law of physics these days anyways.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm pretty sure it did happen too often. But I can't watch it since my laptop broke so maybe you're right, maybe it's less exaggerated than I thought.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I watched the Sylvarant Arc multiple times, as well as the other three episodes (first one I only watched once or so) of the Tethe'alla arc. While I don't remember every minor detail (especially not how many dust clouds there are) the ones I do remember can make sense (eg: the one when Zelos and Regal are fighting for the first time and Zelos is knocked into Altessa's house. Altessa's house is built out of rock and dirt, and thus would cause a dust cloud as such). Let us remember the environments that fought in.

Why are we arguing about dust clouds anyways. They have nothing to do with the plot, and like I said, physic laws are broken all the time in entertainment. :I Who really cares. Hell for all we know maybe that's how their magic works. =u= To be quite honest, I just want the next episode.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT YESTERDAY. :D
I didn't take the actual picture, but I saw it at a shop where they sell various plushes, and this was in it. :3

And yeah, its originally from Tokyo. :3

IMG_6865.JPG

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I want a cheagle plushie! And a Colette plushie, Zelos plushie, Jade plushie, Noishe plushie, and most importantly, ARCHE! I comission a friend for an Arche crochet plushie but I think she's too busy. T_T

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Woah.
I just woke up, and I think that Repede plushie crept into my dreams. o3o
Weird. xDDD;;

A Cheagle plushie would be fun to throw around.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
omg, that's adorable. xD

I myself would want either a Noishe or a Corrine plushie (omg corrriiiiiine. ;____;) Either of those would be fantastic! I wouldn't mind a Cheagle plushie either. For the time being though I guess I'm good with my several onecoin figurines. xD

I actually have an image of my Tales of Symphonia figurines (and I think myself as Mithos in the image). I'll see about digging it up and showing it you all if you'd like.

Back