Sheep

she/her
Seen 30 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,545 posts
14.7 Years
Any plans to try resetting for a starter with a good nature or shiny (assuming they're not shiny locked)? Or will you just chose your starter and immediately jump in?

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Dawn

None
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
16,042 posts
6.7 Years
I'll reset if I get a starter with an objectively bad nature - I don't want a Piplup with -Sp Atk or -Spd, thank you very much - but for a specific nature or a shiny? Nooo.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

colours

she/her
the dream world
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
7,445 posts
16.2 Years
i'll settle for second or even third best nature for the sake of a playthrough. uninterested in soft-resetting for shininess though. :\ depending on whether or not it's easy to complete the regional dex of bdsp, i might as well go for that, get shiny charm, get myself a foreign ditto and then start MMing, best case scenario.
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy
Male
Netherlands
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
Not gonna bother. I pretty much always do my first playthrough of a game with whatever I happen to get.

Fritz

Girl Power FTW

Age 21
Any
Online now
Posted 23 Hours Ago
2,046 posts
4.7 Years
I'll hold out for a starter with a good enough nature before settling on it, as is usually the case when I pick a starter. Don't want to be starting the game with a Modest Turtwig.

I've never reset for a shiny starter, and never will. Would be way too time consuming, and I'd probably be able to beat the game about fifty times over in the time it would take to get a shiny starter (and that shiny starter would inevitably be a Modest Turtwig)

Sheep

she/her
Seen 30 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,545 posts
14.7 Years
No to shiny, but will probably do a few resets for a decent nature. Even if the main story in Pokémon games tend to be very easy, it'd still be a little sad to me to have a Piplup with a nature of....Impish for example (-sp. attack). Would prefer a +sp. attack or neutral nature. Otherwise it will eat away at me for a while! lol

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 29 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
16,243 posts
13.3 Years
I'll probably just go with what I get tbh. That's what I usually do. Most thigns will suffice for ingame runs, let alone nature.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 39 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,375 posts
12.4 Years
But what if the starters are shiny locked again?

In other words, I'm not going to, I don't care about natures or shiny hunting starters.
Theme: Yumichika Ayasegawa
Pair: Taemin

_pheebs

Gosh! What's poppin'?

Age 26
Female
Minecraft~
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
422 posts
2.5 Years
Nah, I take Pokemon as they come.

And, after 4 generations(?) I'm still not really sure what natures do.
Moderator of the Fan Games Section

Supporter of Schlatt Coin!
The True Emperor of l'manburg!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5,152 posts
11.1 Years
I never reset my game just to get a nature or anything, so no. I just don't see a point. Especially if the games are as easy as the last few have been. Don't really need the best stats.

As for a shiny, I already have a shiny empoleon and I'd much rather just do the masuda method with increased chances. I could care less about full odd shiny.