Janp

Age 24
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
4,642 posts
8.1 Years
Introduced my cousin's son to Ghibli movies earlier this week. We watched From Up on Poppy Hill and Howl's Moving Castle.

Sheep

she/her
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
32,545 posts
14.7 Years
TWEWY eps 3 and 4. Love both!!

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

donavannj

Age 30
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
22,411 posts
16.3 Years
I've been binge rewatching Hololive no Graffiti to make sure I haven't missed any episodes.
whoops

Olivia

Reading old posts of users is quite usefull

Her/she
Somewhere in U.K
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
291 posts
40 Days
One punch man!
Season 1 and 2 are on the youtube go watch all of them!
I like skitty isn't she's is cute?

Dawn

None
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
16,042 posts
6.7 Years
I started a Dragonball rewatch recently - going through the original series, Z, and will eventually be watching Super for the first time - and I've just gone through the first World Martial Arts Tournament. I've forgotten a lot of it, so it's been quite enjoyable. I'm sure that'll change when I get to the parts I DO remember (I might just skip over Garlic Jr and Great Saiyaman in Z entirely tbh) but for now, good stuff.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Ninetales

Age 20
Female
Canada
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,537 posts
3.5 Years
I was watching Haikyuu only a few days ago!! Certainly one of my favourites!!

🌸✨💫Paired with Eleanor🌸✨💫

donavannj

Age 30
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
22,411 posts
16.3 Years
I started a Dragonball rewatch recently - going through the original series, Z, and will eventually be watching Super for the first time - and I've just gone through the first World Martial Arts Tournament. I've forgotten a lot of it, so it's been quite enjoyable. I'm sure that'll change when I get to the parts I DO remember (I might just skip over Garlic Jr and Great Saiyaman in Z entirely tbh) but for now, good stuff.
The martial arts tournaments in Dragon Ball itself are generally pretty fun as they're never really all that serious, imo.
whoops

Aslan

the pretender

she/her
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,830 posts
8.3 Years
I watched all of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul over the span of a day. I tried watching this back when I was 12 but I did not have the stomach to make it past the first episode so I gave up on it fairly quickly! 7 years later, I think it was an interesting watch. It's outside of my usual genre but I enjoyed the change in watching a darker-themed show.

It started off good but some of the plot and characters felt like it could have been much better developed, hopefully they resolve that in the later seasons though? I think they did a good job in some aspects, notably I had a lot of trouble watching some of the more gory/violent scenes as mainly I was finding it hard not to sympathise with the pain some of the characters were experiencing. The torture in some of the later episodes was brutal to me. Definitely had to pause and walk away at times but I also have a very low tolerance for this type of content as it's not what I'm used to. Still the plot intrigued me so I wanted to check it out! The OP is probably one of my favourites in anime and originally why I wanted to watch the show. Maybe I'll look into the later seasons or at least read the manga. :)

donavannj

Age 30
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
22,411 posts
16.3 Years
I watched all of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul over the span of a day. I tried watching this back when I was 12 but I did not have the stomach to make it past the first episode so I gave up on it fairly quickly! 7 years later, I think it was an interesting watch. It's outside of my usual genre but I enjoyed the change in watching a darker-themed show.

It started off good but some of the plot and characters felt like it could have been much better developed, hopefully they resolve that in the later seasons though? I think they did a good job in some aspects, notably I had a lot of trouble watching some of the more gory/violent scenes as mainly I was finding it hard not to sympathise with the pain some of the characters were experiencing. The torture in some of the later episodes was brutal to me. Definitely had to pause and walk away at times but I also have a very low tolerance for this type of content as it's not what I'm used to. Still the plot intrigued me so I wanted to check it out! The OP is probably one of my favourites in anime and originally why I wanted to watch the show. Maybe I'll look into the later seasons or at least read the manga. :)
While Tokyo Ghoul is decidedly not my cup of tea, so many of my friends liked Season 1. Based on the opinions of those people, there's a pretty strong consensus that RootA needs to be skipped if you're watching the anime. If it doesn't click for you, probably best to move onto the next season or the manga.
whoops

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,375 posts
12.4 Years

Everything after season one of Tokyo Ghoul is... bad. I'd recommend just reading the manga.
Theme: Yumichika Ayasegawa
Pair: Taemin

Aslan

the pretender

she/her
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,830 posts
8.3 Years
Thank you both I'll take that into account :D I've also heard the later seasons aren't the best so I've started reading the manga! Will slowly make my way through it.

In terms of anime, I started watching Angel Beats yesterday. I'm curious to see where the plot goes. \o/

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Minutes Ago
23,187 posts
9.1 Years
In terms of anime, I started watching Angel Beats yesterday. I'm curious to see where the plot goes. \o/
It's not without its flaws, but it's a fantastic show.
RPWLA&MBattle ServerDaily

donavannj

Age 30
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
22,411 posts
16.3 Years
Sort of suffers from the same issues as Charlotte does where its pacing is extremely imbalanced but it's not nearly as imbalanced as Charlotte's.
whoops

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Minutes Ago
23,187 posts
9.1 Years
Still watching MHA season 5 as it comes out. Also watching Horimiya right now, but I'm nearly done.

_pheebs

Gosh! What's poppin'?

Age 26
Female
Minecraft~
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
422 posts
2.5 Years
Parasyte was the last anime I watched through.

I've seen it plenty of times, and always enjoy it.
Moderator of the Fan Games Section

Supporter of Schlatt Coin!
The True Emperor of l'manburg!

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
7,060 posts
8.4 Years
I'm currently reading a series from back in my childhood that I've actually never finished: Inuyasha
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations and Forum Games| Come and visit VPP
Have you found the window to the world or are you still listening to your words echoing from the walls?

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Minutes Ago
23,187 posts
9.1 Years
I just finished Wonder Egg Priority... it was weird and I'm not sure how to feel. It had some great moments and it was cool to see a series deal with some really messed up plot elements (like roughly every trigger warning imaginable) without turning into a big edge fest (somehow). But idk, it was lacking something too. It feels like it was really rushed and it needed to take more time to explore everything properly - even with a special conclusion episode on the way.