• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Years
yes
Have you ever been to a con? Which one(s)? Did you cosplay? Buy any merchandise? Do you want to go again? If you've never went, would you consider going?? talk cons here \o/

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I have been to ColassalCon in Ohio and Anime Detroit. And I have cosplayed as Formal Leafeon, Leo from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, Eska, Toph and James as his Kalos disgues.

Years
I've never been to one and probably never will. Huge crowds of people have never been my thing and I don't have interest in panels, cosplay or merch. I just like watching anime at my leisure at home.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I've been to Anime Expo a couple of times and I cosplayed as Pikachu and I've also been to Awesome Con. I enjoy going to cons and it's fun to go with a friend or sibling. The last time I went to Anime Expo, I didn't enjoy it much because I went by myself, it was so crowded and I had to wait 3 hours in line to pick up my badge, I cut halfway in line and if I did not cut in line, I would have had to wait 4 hours in line.

Years
never, but would be interesting to go to one. just doesnt see myself going to one soon since i dont really like events like that. i just like the merch and stuff :p

Years
I have gone to at least one anime convention every year since 2012, and have attended the same one for 6 coming up on 7 years in a row, Anime Detour. I actually attended 2 in 2017, Anime Detour and A-Kon, and a whopping 4 in 2018, Anime Detour, AniMinneapolis, Anime Midwest, and Anime Expo - though for AX I was only there for the Day 0 concert. I am slated to attend 2 for sure and possibly a 3rd this year as well.

I don't cosplay, but I do attend panels and browse the artist alleys and merch halls.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I go to NY Comic Con every year with a few small, somewhat local cons in between. I've been going for many years but only cosplayed a few times - each year I promise myself to work on a better costume but seldom does that ever get done lol. ( ;´Д`)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yes! I went to NYCC in 2013. Nowadays I go to smaller cons at libraries, and some cheap cons like Long Island Comic Book Expo! I intend to go again to LICBE because that one was really good. I also went to Art and Comic Book Expo last year.

I go to p much any anime con that's free or cheap, it gives me an excuse to have a day out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yes! I try to go to at least one each year though I believe there was one year that I didn't because of work and because of money. But I enjoy going and spending my time browsing through the merch hall and getting merch (especially artist alley!) and chilling and seeing other people's cosplays. I don't really go to panels (so i basically go to spend money oop) because I normally go with my sister and while walking crowds are find she doesn't do well in sitting crowds haha. I have gone to a few panels in the past but not many (i believe the last one i actually went to was a tales of panel during one year of metrocon a few years back).

I've cosplayed three different characters now. Definitely looking forward to my next cosplay and any future ones that I might do! As for going to any this year I'm going to try to attend both Megacon and Metrocon but if i can only get a chance to attend one it'll probably be metrocon just because it's easier to get off of work for (as last year I scheduled my week's vacation around that time since it's during summer).

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I have been to Dragoncon twice if that counts and just looked at cosplayers because I am poor and like to see the effort that goes into the outfits.

Years
Went to my first one this weekend as a fan of more than just Pokemon and Dragon Ball. I didn't really cosplay, though I do have the track jacket that Subaru from Re:Zero wears, so I wore that the first day I was there. Maybe it's because people only cosplay the girls from it, but I had people come up to me and want to take pictures, and it was kinda... weird? All these people putting all that effort into their outfits, but they want to take pictures with the guy that just bought a $30 jacket and said "good enough". Kinda regret not taking any pictures for myself now.

Actually, the whole reason I went was to look at the merch, and I didn't end up buying a single thing. Maybe it's because it was a lot of the same vendors and artists as our local comic con, but the few things that actually caught my eye were way out of my price range. Overall it was an interesting time, but I don't know if I'd go back again if I didn't have anyone else to go with.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Went to Romics a couple of times. It was more an excuse to get together with some friends from all over the country, but I like to look at the merch and the cosplayers.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've gone to the same anime convention every year since 2009. It's so much fun! This year, I get to meet someone who's very dear to me for the third time. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 15, 2019
never Been, but for sure would be interesting to go to one

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Yes.

I've been attending since 2010, and I typically attend anywhere between 5 and 10 a year. Next year's probably going to be more toward the lower end of that range, but I'll be attending fewer of the smaller local cons (which are getting both stale and more drama-filled) and more larger ones.

Years
I have been to quite a few cons, but only a couple anime cons. I went to a small con in Wisconsin one year called Daisho-Con (I cosplayed is a cat, nothing special, haha). And I went to Sakura-Con in Seattle a few years ago while I lived there. I just wore a Spyro onsie and called it a day.

Now that I live in the Southeast US, I have been trying to find something good to go to around my area. But haven't found anything mentionable yet. Hopefully soon cause I absolutely love cons and would to explore cosplay more!

I would really like to cosplay as Zero-Two or Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Now that I live in the Southeast US, I have been trying to find something good to go to around my area. But haven't found anything mentionable yet. Hopefully soon cause I absolutely love cons and would to explore cosplay more!

I live in North Carolina. Some of the conventions in the area (NC, SC, GA) include:

Momocon, DragonCon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta, all in Atlanta, GA.

Ichibancon in Concord (Charlotte area), NC

NashiCon and BanzaiCon in Columbia, SC

Animazement in Raleigh, NC

DragonCon is by far the largest, with Momocon, AWA, and Animazement also being quite big, but my personal favorite is Nashicon since it's large enough to have a good variety of events going on, but small enough so that still has that "friendly small con" feeling to it.

Back