• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Close Combat: Hall of Warriors

Years
Close Combat: Hall of Warriors

Welcome! You have journeyed far restless warrior. This is a dojo for those who have the fighting spirit. Whether you train your body with fitness exercises to stay in shape like weightlifting, take karate or other martial arts classes for self-defense purposes, or have a love of sports like fencing or boxing, you have come to the right place.

Not all of us can be samurai and sumo wrestlers, especially in the age of pandemic. As long as you love the excitement of witnessing a contest of strength, whether you play fighting genre video games, watch kung fu movies, shonen anime, enjoy the world of professional wrestling, or count yourself a fan of fighting type Pokemon you are welcome to become part of this fellowship.

Here are a few questions to get you started.

1) Tell me, why do you think you would be a good addition to this club?

I have always liked martial arts movies, especially when the fighting for movies draws on a mixture of styles. I love the great legend that was Bruce Lee. I also just adore the fighting style of Muay Thai artist Tony Jaa. I can't say no to Jet Li either.

Some of my favorite movies of this genre are Legend of the Black Scorpion, Enter the Dragon, War Lords and Crouching Tiger Hidden, Dragon.

2) What do you do to help improve your physical health?

I like getting sunlight and being outdoors, going for bike rides and eat a vegan diet.

3)Any favorite fighting type Pokemon?

My all-time favorite is Lucario. Others I love are Gallade, Keldeo, Heracross and Breloom.

Owner/ Sensei: VisionofMilotic/ Sam

Members List: Hunter, Caite-Chan, Fafrir

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I've always liked some form of martial arts. I did Karate as a kid and then I got my green-blue belt in Tae Kwon Do and even did a little MMA training and even tried my hand at pro wrestling. I always like looking up videos of different styles and learn more especially with all the different styles used in the Avatar & Korra series.

Play outside when its nice out. Shame winter is coming. I also do meditation and have been trying to drink more water.

3) Any favorite fighting type Pokemon?
Machamp, Hawlucha, Poliwrath, Cobalion & Galarian Zapdos

User Anon 1848

^ That's really cool! I knew you were a fan of pro wrestling but had no clue you actually stepped in a ring before.

I'm avid watcher of MMA and love to talk about events and fights that I watch. I've been following the sport since Brock Lesnar made the jump from Pro Wrestling to MMA. The TUF reality show helped ease me in as a fan too since it gives you a bit of drama until the sport itself hooks you in. I used to train in Taekwondo and Jiu-Jitsu, though I'd only recommend the latter unless you can find a legitimate teacher in the west. There are some hacks out there who frankly don't know what they're doing. I also love fighting games like Tekken 5, Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Fighterz even if I'm not great at them.

For now it's just pushups, situps and bicep curls with the weights I have around the house. I'll add cardio and other exercises to my routine once things open up again. Eventually I'd like to get back into BJJ too or better yet, a general MMA gym that teaches a bit of everything (Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Amateur wrestling).

Hawlucha, Mega Blaziken and Infernape.

If I may add my own questions. Who are your favorite fighters/martial artists? I'm a huge fan of the Diaz brothers because of their fighting style and authentic personalities in a sport where many of the athletes are trying to act like pro wrestlers. I like pro wrestling too but I don't like posers. I'm really excited to see Nick return next year now that he's gotten serious about training again. I'm tempering my expectations since he's closer to 40 than 30 now but I'll be happy if he can just get 1 win again before he hangs it up. He was robbed of his prime by USADA, the same athletic commission that gave Jon Jones a slap on the wrist for taking estrogen blockers and having elevated testosterone yet suspended Nick for years over some pot use.

What are your favorite fights or fight scenes? Mine is probably Nate Diaz vs Conor 1 because I've always hated Conor for his actions outside of the cage and it felt so good to see one of my favorite fighters humble him, if only for a moment.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I have took Tae-Kwon-Do when I was younger and got up to red belt before going to university. I will have to pick it up again and achieve black belt. Also I play as Warrior in FF14, it's a really fun job. Finally, I am curious about all of these new fighting styles/other media.

2) What have you do to help improve your physical health?
Going on the trampoline, going on a bike ride, getting adequate sleep, and drinking enough water.

3) Any favorite Fighting-type Pokemon?
SCRAFTY

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
^ That's really cool! I knew you were a fan of pro wrestling but had no clue you actually stepped in a ring before.

It was awesome granted my body hated me for the next 3 weeks after that. It was hosted by Petey Williams before one of his indy shows. Let me tell you I had to not have my inner fan girl come screaming out when I had to lock up with him. He's also my favorite wrestler too. :D The best 3 hours ever...lol. I also love being the only girl in things like this and when I did MMA training (not for fights) because it made me work that much harder to prove myself.

TUF also got me into MMA with Georges St-Pierre being my favorite fighter.

User Anon 1848

That's great. I like how more women are training in martial arts these days. I'd totally get my kids into it from a young age if I had any.

Years
I've always liked some form of martial arts. I did Karate as a kid and then I got my green-blue belt in Tae Kwon Do and even did a little MMA training and even tried my hand at pro wrestling. I always like looking up videos of different styles and learn more especially with all the different styles used in the Avatar & Korra series.

Play outside when its nice out. Shame winter is coming. I also do meditation and have been trying to drink more water.

Machamp, Hawlucha, Poliwrath, Cobalion & Galarian Zapdos

Welcome Caite-Chan to the Hall of Warriors! Happy to have you join the ranks. Here is a power weight to commemorate your induction into our club, and to honor your days wrestling and your martial arts experience! A power item for health.

It's great that you progressed to a green/blue belt, and even dabbled in the world of professional wrestling. I am honored by your presence here.

/Bows

If you ever want to share tips or exercises for meditation feel free. I have started recently reading books about Buddhism, and am deeply interested in how to live a more peaceful life.

I have heard so many great things about Korra and Avatar. It have seen a few episodes of the latter that I really enjoyed, and need to one day sit down and treat myself to the full series. I am especially interested in the mythology of the world and influences from Eastern religions like Buddhism, Shintoism and Hinduism.

What type of bender do you think you would be? I think I'd probably be an earth bender.

Physically I am stronger than the average girl, people tell me I give off a calm, trustworthy, and well warm, earthy vibe. I definitely love animals, ecology, rocks, gems and being in gardens. I could be a water bender too possibly, I do love our oceans and the beauty of being near the water, but I think probably earth is more like me overall.

Speaking of water, you mentioned that you are trying to drink more if it. I was wondering if you enjoy ice? Water is something I only recently started drinking a lot of, and for me adding lots of ice cubes to a cup of water made it more appealing, especially during the broiling summer months. Ice is just fun to play around with to me, and makes me remember to drink all the water instead of just letting the cup sit there. Not everyone is fond of ice though, so maybe adding something like a squirt of lemon/lime or a spring of mint to a still cup of water may help to give it a touch more flavor to tempt you to drink more while still being mostly water? Just thought I'd throw an idea or two out there that helped me. Much love!

I'm avid watcher of MMA and love to talk about events and fights that I watch. I've been following the sport since Brock Lesnar made the jump from Pro Wrestling to MMA. The TUF reality show helped ease me in as a fan too since it gives you a bit of drama until the sport itself hooks you in. I used to train in Taekwondo and Jiu-Jitsu, though I'd only recommend the latter unless you can find a legitimate teacher in the west. There are some hacks out there who frankly don't know what they're doing. I also love fighting games like Tekken 5, Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Fighterz even if I'm not great at them.

For now it's just pushups, situps and bicep curls with the weights I have around the house. I'll add cardio and other exercises to my routine once things open up again. Eventually I'd like to get back into BJJ too or better yet, a general MMA gym that teaches a bit of everything (Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Amateur wrestling).

Hawlucha, Mega Blaziken and Infernape.

If I may add my own questions. Who are your favorite fighters/martial artists? I'm a huge fan of the Diaz brothers because of their fighting style and authentic personalities in a sport where many of the athletes are trying to act like pro wrestlers. I like pro wrestling too but I don't like posers. I'm really excited to see Nick return next year now that he's gotten serious about training again. I'm tempering my expectations since he's closer to 40 than 30 now but I'll be happy if he can just get 1 win again before he hangs it up. He was robbed of his prime by USADA, the same athletic commission that gave Jon Jones a slap on the wrist for taking estrogen blockers and having elevated testosterone yet suspended Nick for years over some pot use.

What are your favorite fights or fight scenes? Mine is probably Nate Diaz vs Conor 1 because I've always hated Conor for his actions outside of the cage and it felt so good to see one of my favorite fighters humble him, if only for a moment.

Welcome, welcome Hunter! It's awesome that you are with us.

I used to take Taekwondo too. My dad enrolled me in classes led by a military vet in our local community when I was dealing with bullies at school, so I would be able to defend myself in an emergency situation. You're darn lucky that you live an area where learning jiu jitsu! That's so cool! You sound very fit and diverse between jiu-jitsu, taekwondo, kickboxing, wrestling and your exercise routine and trips to the gym. I'd love be at the local YMCA swimming if we didn't have Covid to deal with, but things will get back to normal eventually.

I'm not every good at fighting games either, and haven't played Dragon Ball Fighterz, but my eyes still sparkled when I heard the word, because I did watch the Dragon Ball anime, and enjoy other shonen series like Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ranma 1/2 etc.

Feel free to add questions of your own! I love the passion and energy you have brought to this dojo, and would like to present you with a power bracer to help you train your attack stat! Congrats you are officially a member of Close Combat!

I have took Tae-Kwon-Do when I was younger and got up to red belt before going to university. I will have to pick it up again and achieve black belt. Also I play as Warrior in FF14, it's a really fun job. Finally, I am curious about all of these new fighting styles/other media.

2) What have you do to help improve your physical health?
Going on the trampoline, going on a bike ride, getting adequate sleep, and drinking enough water.

SCRAFTY

It's wonderful to see you hear Fafrir. You will make a great addition to our halls. We form quite a circle, all four of us, you, I, Hunter and Caite-Chan have some experience with Taekwondo. Having a red belt is magnificent, and I want to wish you good luck on getting your black belt! You can do it!

I envy you for your trampoline. That sounds like a great way to get your exercise in. You have mastered something else that I have not, and that is getting enough sleep. I wake up quite and toss and turn, trying to get comfortable, and don't always have good dreams. My cat is also quite a loud fellow at night, demanding midnight snack at odd hours so I am definitely a work in progress when it comes to routinely getting a restful night's sleep. I am trying things to make the process easier though, like listening to peaceful music to lull me to sleep. If you have any tips for getting a good rest don't be shy about sharing your experience here, because it's one of the best things for you.

To celebrate your membership with us and your love of the Pokemon Scrafty I want you to have this power band. It's perfect for your special defense stat! Thank you for join us Faf!

User Anon 1848

Welcome, welcome Hunter! It's awesome that you are with us.

I used to take Taekwondo too. My dad enrolled me in classes led by a military vet in our local community when I was dealing with bullies at school, so I would be able to defend myself in an emergency situation. You're darn lucky that you live an area where learning jiu jitsu! That's so cool! You sound very fit and diverse between jiu-jitsu, taekwondo, kickboxing, wrestling and your exercise routine and trips to the gym. I'd love be at the local YMCA swimming if we didn't have Covid to deal with, but things will get back to normal eventually.

I'm not every good at fighting games either, and haven't played Dragon Ball Fighterz, but my eyes still sparkled when I heard the word, because I did watch the Dragon Ball anime, and enjoy other shonen series like Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ranma 1/2 etc.

Feel free to add questions of your own! I love the passion and energy you have brought to this dojo, and would like to present you with a power bracer to help you train your attack stat! Congrats you are officially a member of Close Combat!

Thanks, happy to be among you guys as well. I'm glad you found a good taekwondo school and hope it helped you in dealing with bullies. I definitely respect it as a martial art but sometimes finding a good gym can be tricky haha. Oh maybe I phrased my post poorly. General MMA gyms that teach kickboxing, amaetuer wrestling and jiu-jitsu all in one are what I hope to join in the future once things open up. As of now I've only trained in taekwondo and jiu-jitsu separately at different times and in different gyms. I had a very short stint with boxing training too but I didn't keep it up long enough to even count it tbh lol. Yeah swimming is great as well.

Don't worry I'm not great at them either haha. It's very hard to remember combos let alone to pull them off under pressure during a match with hardcore players who are probably on the game all day lol. Yu Yu Hakusho rules! The mangaka behind it is the same guy who created Hunter x Hunter and married the mangaka of Sailor Moon.

I appreciate the belt. *ties it around head instead of waist to look like a ninja* : P

Speaking of bullying, shonen and martial arts. Hajime no Ippo is an inspiring anime about a timid, bullied kid who grows as a person through training in the sport of boxing. It's not a mindless fight series like some might assume on paper. There's a lot of heart and slice of life moments in it too. Just a suggestion for anyone looking for new shows to watch. Though the English dub is terrible even by dub standards...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Welcome Caite-Chan to the Hall of Warriors! Happy to have you join the ranks. Here is a power weight to commemorate your induction into our club, and to honor your days wrestling and your martial arts experience! A power item for health.

It's great that you progressed to a green/blue belt, and even dabbled in the world of professional wrestling. I am honored by your presence here.

/Bows

If you ever want to share tips or exercises for meditation feel free. I have started recently reading books about Buddhism, and am deeply interested in how to live a more peaceful life.

I have heard so many great things about Korra and Avatar. It have seen a few episodes of the latter that I really enjoyed, and need to one day sit down and treat myself to the full series. I am especially interested in the mythology of the world and influences from Eastern religions like Buddhism, Shintoism and Hinduism.

What type of bender do you think you would be? I think I'd probably be an earth bender.

Physically I am stronger than the average girl, people tell me I give off a calm, trustworthy, and well warm, earthy vibe. I definitely love animals, ecology, rocks, gems and being in gardens. I could be a water bender too possibly, I do love our oceans and the beauty of being near the water, but I think probably earth is more like me overall.

Speaking of water, you mentioned that you are trying to drink more if it. I was wondering if you enjoy ice? Water is something I only recently started drinking a lot of, and for me adding lots of ice cubes to a cup of water made it more appealing, especially during the broiling summer months. Ice is just fun to play around with to me, and makes me remember to drink all the water instead of just letting the cup sit there. Not everyone is fond of ice though, so maybe adding something like a squirt of lemon/lime or a spring of mint to a still cup of water may help to give it a touch more flavor to tempt you to drink more while still being mostly water? Just thought I'd throw an idea or two out there that helped me. Much love!

I would say if we were to go by astrology I'd be a Waterbender with me being a Cancer but if I had to pick my own I'd most likely be an Earthbender because I'm hard to move and ungodly stubborn. You would love both series as I've watched it many times.

As for ice and water...I've tried cewing on ice chips but I have soft teeth so cold things tend to hurt. I've tried using Mio and then I bought a Cirkul water bottle not that long ago to try and drink more water. I tend to drink pop like its water though...lol. I know I've also tried water infuse like apple slices and cinnamon sticks. I just need to be more healthier.

Years

I have a lot of reasons actually! I wrestled from when I was 5 through high school. I did collegiate, Greco Roman, and free style wrestling and I lettered my freshman year of high school at 108 pounds. My best finish was 3rd in districts, I never competed in state. I also trained in American kickboxing, BJJ, and Muay Thai and was training for a fight at 135 pounds when I fell in love with weightlifting and now I am 200 pounds instead, oops 😂. When I was 19 I also started training for power lifting competitions and at 161 pounds I hit a 425 pounds bench press single ply in practice. Unfortunately, that was two weeks before my first and only competition and I had strained my distal bicep tendon and was only able to press 308.5 at the Big Sky powerlifting competition in Montana in 2015, it was still good for a state record but the lift I had hit in practice, if recorded would have been 13th in the nation.

I diet, count macros, all of that good stuff. I also do yoga, take regular ice baths, and I recently got one of the massage guns and they are fantastic. I am also very into weightlifting still and that is my main source of exercise, also taking the dogs on hikes when I can.

3)Any favorite fighting type Pokemon?

Blaziken, Hawlucha, Machamp, and Conkeldurr!

Last edited:

Rose Oni

Pokemon Trainer and Digimon Tamer
Years
1) Tell me, why do you think you would be a good addition to this club?​

I have been into martial arts ever since I was young. While I know teaching yourself doesn't count, I did teach myself various holds and takedowns from Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, as well as some blocks, strikes, and stances from Shotokan. In Junior High School I played American Football on offense and defense, first string. I was a Tackle on Offense, Linebacker on Defense. I loved it. In High School I said forget that and focused on wrestling. In my freshman year I lettered at 220 pounds. By Junior year I was 1st in Districts and had gotten 3rd in State. I had a chance to go to college on both academic and wrestling scholarships, but sadly my Senior year I had a horrible hip injury I am still dealing with to this day. I was gonna start training for the Olympics too. Didn't know if I could have made it, but I was gonna try. I still keep up with the sport as well as MMA, Boxing, and Professional-Wrestling (huge fan of AEW and NJPW). I had started weightlifting in high school and was quite good at it. My record bench press/ squat/ deadlift are 450 lb/ 550 lb/ 550 lb.

In recent years I have accepted myself as a woman and started HRT six months ago. I walk 5 miles a day and bodyweight squat 100 times a day. I take ice baths twice a week as well as take baths that are, quite frankly, hotter than hell. Basically make my bathroom into a sauna while putting epson salt in the bath water, which I stay in for a hour at a time. My record was two hours, and that was a rush. I also want to learn HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts), specifically using a lance or spear plus sword and shied. Might be getting into blacksmithing soon, and you gotta be in shape for that stuff. I fully admit my diet isn't the best right now due to the pandemic and how tight money is, but I am do count calories and my macros.

SirFetch'd, Heracross, Machamp, Hariyama, Grapploct, Urshifu (Both forms), and Infernape. If you made me choose one it would be SirFetch'd.

Back