• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fullmetal Alchemist NDS/GBA ROM?

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
I've always had the idea of making a ROM on the story of Fullmetal Alchemist on a Platinum, FireRed, or a Ruby ROM. NOw, I want to create it, and I need help from other people. It would be based on the manga and 2nd anime, and go up to what i predict of the defeat of Father. If you are interested, please reply. Will need someone good at sprite/minisprite editing and a good script editor.

The main characters would be a choice between Edward and Alphonse, and the non chosen character would still be a protagonist. The story would start from Ed and Al's human transmutation, and continue through as the manga has, battling the Homunculi, Ed gaining the rank of State Alchemist, and getting Ed and Al's lost limbs back by trying to find the Philosopher's stone. The characters would be the equivalent of the pokemon, recruiting other supporting characters to help them. I have decided on doing it on Ruby, because it is easy to hack. I've also decided in what most of the character's equivalent types would be:

Protagonists

Edward: Electric/Steel
Alphonse: Normal/Steel
Roy Mustang: Fire/Fighting
Winry: Normal
Riza Hawkwye: Fighting/Poison
Ling Yao: Fighting/Steel

Antiheros

Scar: Fighting/Fire
Mei Chan: Psychic/Ghost

Antagonists

Kimblee: Normal/Dark
Father: Normal/Dark
Pride: Ghost/Dark
Greed & LingGreed: Steel/Dark
Wrath/Furher Bradley: Fighting/Dark
Lust: Poison/Dark
Gluttony: Water/Dark
Envy: Grass/Dark
Sloth: Fighting/Dark

Some of the features will be all characters from the manga, keeping some commonality with Pokemon, and being able to play your own version of Fullmetal Alchemist.

DarkenedEarth

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
what do u mean by gba/nds rom? the base rom or what?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
'Story/Features Please.'

Yeah, if you want to keep this open please comply to the above.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
The main characters would be a choice between Edward and Alphonse, and the non chosen character would still be a protagonist. The story would start from Ed and Al's human transmutation, and continue through as the manga has, battling the Homunculi, Ed gaining the rank of State Alchemist, and getting Ed and Al's lost limbs back by trying to find the Philosopher's stone. The characters would be the equivalent of the pokemon, recruiting other supporting characters to help them. I have decided on doing it on Ruby, because it is easy to hack. I've also decided in what most of the character's equivalent types would be:

Protagonists

Antiheros

Antagonists

Some of the features will be all characters from the manga, keeping some commonality with Pokemon, and being able to play your own version of Fullmetal Alchemist.

DarkenedEarth

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Protagonists

Antiheros

Antagonists

DarkenedEarth

You should put this in the first post you know, so it would avoid confusion.
Well, I really like FMA especially Brotherhood, so Imma keepin' an eye on this thread for updates.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
For some reason it's very interesting xD
So since ya used types for 'em... it'll be PMD-like but with FMA characters right?

Yeah, It will kind of be like Pokemon Ruby Destiny- Rescue Rangers, but with only people, no Pokemon. I'm also trying to design a VS thing like on Platinum and HG/SS for Ruby. But to continue on the project, I still need a spriter/minispriter, a scripter, and a tile inserter. (I can do the mapping).

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
That's not important ;)
Important thing is to make FMA OWs, backsprites, sprites.

Yeah, I need a Edward sprite/minisprite/backsprite, and all of those for Alphonse. The sprites shouldn't be that hard, unless ur drawing them by memory. The only hard sprite will be Pride and his shadow.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
So. FMA on NDS/GBA?
Have you decided which base?

Ruby. Working on Resembool right now. (I REALLY need someone to make a world map of Amestris + Xerxes Ruins. I have a map of Amestris for voulenteers if you are interested pm me).

I also have the name for the hack: Alchemist of Steel. But should I make it? You decide. (Mapping will be on hiatus until I get enough replies) (I still need helpers u know)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
One question. Not to sound rude, but do you do as apart of this hack, Earth?

I'll try to do the mapping. I'm terrible with spriting and scripting, and that is all I will need help for. (I will need an experienced scripter, because this game will be bleeding with scripts.)

Put it also to first post ;)
That way the thread won't be closed :)

Done and good to go. (BTW if anyone wants to be an OC in the game pm me.)

Im guessing main story characters are techinaly the pokemon, you might wanna add a few background characters

You are exactly correct. I just got to figure out how to delete the
Poke Ball animation at the beginning of a battle. Like
I said i'll add OC's of people who want to be in the game. Continuing on the project. Trying to decide on tiles, it's a total nightmare. (I need transmutation circles and other FMA symbols like the Ouroboros ect.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2016
Working on the Edward and Alphose sprites. I might add a little special something after you beat Father.

Back