• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'm thinking of doing a Kid Icarus RP, with the Roleplayers as either the Light or Dark Team, their choosing. :D Anyone interested?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way. 2 I am thinking about making an RP but didn't know which idea to go with. Should I use a pokemon one where pokemon are basicly tools of war or should I go with a non pokemon one and make it about a intergalactic race so to say.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way.
I usually draw my characters. Best way to visualise is to get that idea on to paper.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No, no it's been gone for quite a while now. Before the RPA nominations started. The fact you didn't notice it gone kinda emphasises Ichiro's feelings. d:
I know another forum where it is (was?) working well. But there were wayyyy fewer RPs there. I guess on PC, the "Check to see..." thread does the job that needs to be done; shows what new RPs are out. It can be quite fun to browse older RPs that are active and on the first page too, maybe you rediscover something that you didn't have time to join last time around :3

Hey I'm back for a bit. Also kinda wondering 2 things. 1 how can you guys see characters well? I mean I know its in your mind which is why its hard to visualize. Didn't know if anyone felt the same way. 2 I am thinking about making an RP but didn't know which idea to go with. Should I use a pokemon one where pokemon are basicly tools of war or should I go with a non pokemon one and make it about a intergalactic race so to say.
I allow pictures in sign ups in RPs I GM these days. Because it's so much easier ;; but I usually want people to write something as well.

For my own characters, I don't think I have a standard way of doing things. Sometimes I just write. Other times I find a pic and then base my descriptions on that. And other times I describe in words first and then look for a picture with at least some part that resembles my character. Then I might crop the pic to only show that xD

I usually draw my characters. Best way to visualise is to get that idea on to paper.
I want you to draw my characters :] If I tried myself, ugly things would happen. To the paper.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
My next thing I was wondering was personallity and history. That's my absolute weak point cause there's no pictures for that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
My next thing I was wondering was personallity and history. That's my absolute weak point cause there's no pictures for that.

Well that really is down to your imagination, if you can't think up a believable back-story about a person, as well as how they could react to certain situations, then your roleplaying is going to be all over the place. Some people base personality on friends or characters from other things, but strive to change enough to make them their own person.

Really you need a solid character when writing up applications. Personally, it takes me a 4-5 hours across a few days to properly finish an application and make sure it's all how I want it (and making sense). I don't think it's possible to create a believable, unique, interesting character in a thirty-minute sign up.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Thanks guys. I was also thinking about starting my own rp but wanted to know which people thought was better, a pokemon related one where the regions are in a state of war and pokemon are the weapons or a non pokemon related one where a intergalactic sort of space race occurs during an unsafe time period with like two factions race for a treasure to destroy the other faction.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Really you need a solid character when writing up applications. Personally, it takes me a 4-5 hours across a few days to properly finish an application and make sure it's all how I want it (and making sense). I don't think it's possible to create a believable, unique, interesting character in a thirty-minute sign up.

This.

Since forum roleplaying is all about writing, pictures cannot and should not be able to help you all the way. An application is meant to let the GM know how good you are and how interesting a character you can come up with. With words.

Also, do the intergalactic one!

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years

When making a character, for rp's, fan fic, or anything at all, I always read through the background information and brainstorm ideas, writing them down as I go. Then i think of what I would find interesting as a character, then use my brainstorming ideas (or any ideas that may pop up at the last second) and use those. I would like give you an estimate on how long it takes me, but it really depends. The more I like a character I'm creating from scrap, the longer it takes. I've recycled characters before too--just charged their background information to fit the plot properly. But usually I go with making new characters since I enjoy it so much :D

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'll say this again. Who would be interested in a Kid Icarus RP? I'm including the Light & Dark Fighters, plus you may choose your own weapon, but you may choose only one type of weapon out of nine. (claws, blades etc.) Example, if you choose Clubs, you can use any kind of club. I might give the option of a secondary type of weapon.

Of course it'll have a storyline, just have to think of one.

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Sure thing; I hand't even realized.

Anyways, when did the Roleplay Library disappear? I think it might have been while I was away.

Well, even though I feel a bit busy, I've been running the thought in my head over and over, to retry making a Zelda RP. Would anybody be interested?
I had a character I never got to use in a Zelda RP
It was a modern day style Zelda RP though...
I could try and alter him to fit the RP so I'd be interested.

I'll say this again. Who would be interested in a Kid Icarus RP? I'm including the Light & Dark Fighters, plus you may choose your own weapon, but you may choose only one type of weapon out of nine. (claws, blades etc.) Example, if you choose Clubs, you can use any kind of club. I might give the option of a secondary type of weapon.

Of course it'll have a storyline, just have to think of one.
I'd be interested but I'd still need to play the game a bit before I could work out what my character would be like.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Here I go again, wanting to make every damn RP I can think of.

So, I was looking through some old and long-forgotten RP's, and one of them caught my interest. It was (sadly) ended a very long time ago.

So, what if I (Or more likely, someone else) made a Dragonball RP?

NV

Dracon Leader
Years

So, I was looking through some old and long-forgotten RP's, and one of them caught my interest. It was (sadly) ended a very long time ago.

I've Got a Character for that.
He's a bit more of a Z character but he'd work well either way.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

As much as I love Dragon Ball (it being my favorite manga and one of my favorite anime), I can see a lot of people entering with exagerrated characters and balancing issues, and it would take a boatload of maintenance to keep players in check. I mean, Toriyama's a genius, and Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are great, but the masses tend to go outta hand with it when they get a hold of it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Have a look in The Lounge for a Roleplay you like the look of - check if it has spaces then look for a 'Sign Up Sheet' somewhere in the first post! That'll tell you what information the GM would like to know about your character.

Fill in the form and post it in the OOC thread and wait for the GM to get back to you :).

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys.

If it wasn't obvious already, check out the announcement over the RPC. Supervegeta, Raikiri and The_Original_Raitan have something really cool planned for you. ;D

Get your running shoes on, because the Olympics are coming!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Like Lt. Surge's past type thing?
Or even more like weapons to where the trainers treat them like objects instead of living creatures?

Ya sort of but like the pokemon are more like weapons in the sence that the pokemon are used to kill other pokemon and trainers instead of just battling for fun. Also the entire pokemon world is at war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back