• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
I'm getting really bored with Cindaquils hunt. I have gotten to 20,000 SR's because I have been SRing almost 24/7 lately. I wish I had a Japansese Ditto or some other language Ditto so I could MM cause I don't like seeing the same things constantly. :/

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
What is this I don't even...

Ok so first off, I haven't played any pokemon game in any real capacity for months, sure I'd pick it up every now and then but i'd largely gone off the pokemon games completely.

I had been talked into getting a new copy of pokemon white today by two friends so I could join them in a pokemon championship tournament being held over here in a few months, so I figured if I'm going to get back into the pokemon games again (something which actually excited me to think about :) ) why not get back into shiny hunting too? To which end I restarted my japanese sapphire and started to play through it and eventually get to and soft reset for a shiny Regice so I could complete the regi quartet.

I was on route 102 looking for a female surskit to use throughout my game and at the same time use it as a sleep powder pokemon for Regice. While encountering pokemon I was talking to a friend on msn and watching a DVD so I had the sound down on my SP and was only glancing at the screen now and then to see if I had a female surskit.

After not paying attention to the screen for a few minutes I looked down to see this.

(Hmm, apparently the picture I tried to upload won't show so I guess it'll have to be a video)

Newest shiny

Talk about lucky, first day back to shiny hunting and I find this beauty. I'm so glad I restarted the file and made a new one, and just before this I reset the game after finding a male surskit that I wasn't satisfied with :D The reason I don't have a video of the encounter is just because I was so shocked at seeing the little guy that i just wanted to catch it before my GBA ran out of power, and I was worried about knocking the SP and freezing the game

I'm back with a bang, and I need to redo my shiny sig.

Sorry about the wall of text guys.

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey, Just showing i'm still around.
No shinies since roggenrola, but have a bad cold and
haven't been hunting much. Decided to pause torchic and
start encountering in dragonspiral tower, but only 35 encounters.
It goes a LOT faster then egg hatching!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congrats on the shinies, guys! :D
Right now I'm hunting another shiny Eevee for a friend as a gift. After that, I think I'll either breed for a Bulbasaur, Spiritomb, or Caterpie.

Years
You last visited: November 29th, 2011. Derp. Looks like I've been caught up with stuff. Reading up on posts now. Will edit stuff in later...

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Looks like tomorrow will be the only time I get to play pokemon for couple hours, so I might hunt for a shiny and hopefully end up lucky. :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, crystalzapdos!

Welcome back, Vladimir Makarov!

Congrats on the shiny Staryu, It's Just Fufu!

This week's random hunt is... Bellsprout!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Just a quick update, still haven't got much hunting done,
as i have been spending most of my time RNG'ing good IV'd stuff
(which is all i can do) for my shop. Is anybody still around?
It seems pretty dead in here lately.

Years
Hey guys, I've been on Holidays for a while now. (Still am, but have a computer now.)

So I started shiny hunting again last night after the break I had over Christmas and New Years. I only had my DSi with me and HeatGold so I had limited options on what to hunt. My shiny Psyduck was also on the game but I had the idea to SR starters. So after about an hour of thinking I released my shiny Psyduck :( and then started SR'ing for a starter. 94 SR's in and a Shiny Freaking Totodile appeared! So worth the release, it had a modest nature and was the second one i wanted after Cyndiquil. No photos because I'm on a cruise ship computer.. Anyway, I just thought i'd let you know and ill keep hunting, if i get anything else you guys will be the first to know :)

- Retro

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Is anybody still around?
It seems pretty dead in here lately.

Yes! I've started classes again, though, so I haven't had nearly as much time to hunt as I usually do. My hunting has gone down from 8+ hours per day in December to a total of 1 hour of hunting for the whole month of January so far. :/ I'm sure I'll find a way to squeeze in hunting somehow.

The activity level could always be better (there were 980 posts in the first month of the club, but there have only been 94 posts in the last 30 days, 95 if you count this one), but hopefully Fufu, VenomX, and MetalMario are here stay! I don't really ever expect to have 980 posts in a month again, but hopefully we can at least pass 10% of that! :cer_wink:

Right now I'm hunting another shiny Eevee for a friend as a gift.

I'm hunting Eevee, too! I've done 403 so far, but I'm SRing. Would you like to race?

Just dropping in to say that I've FINALLY ended my dry spell. A few hours ago, a shiny Staryu appeared on my Black version. It was 19,137th pokemon on this quest for Staryu. My hunt spanned across three generations of Pokemon games! It has a Timid nature thanks to my Synchronize Abra, and it also has Natural Cure. It is truly perfect in my eyes. ^_^

Pics will come tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else!

*disappears back into obscurity*

Noooooo! *reaches into obscurity and tries to pull Fufu back*

Congrats on the Staryu! That's pretty cool to have a hunt span three generations!

I recently got an account at a pokemon website that includes shiny hunting. Will that count or is it just official games?

You can hunt however you want, although it won't be counted for club purposes. We don't have a running Dex right now, but when we do, your shinies from nonofficial games will be counted, but will be sorted under a different category.

It would be analogous to making a separate list of rankings for steroid users. Barry Bonds would be in that listing, and he'd be at the top of the normal one if you check off the "Include steroid users" box. :)

Welcome back!! I remember from lurking a really long time ago that you were like, the greatest shiny hunter ever!! In terms of pure number of shinies caught, you had a ridiculously huge number, even more than Aaryn! Welcome back to the club and I hope you continue your tendency to capture an enormously huge amount of shinies!

Congrats on getting a catchable shiny of a Pokemon that eludes many! I myself have been a victim of the uncatchable Poochyena, so I'm glad he came around and found a good hunter that could catch him. :cer_laugh:

Looks like tomorrow will be the only time I get to play pokemon for couple hours, so I might hunt for a shiny and hopefully end up lucky. :)

I hope you got a shiny! Here's good luck to be able to have more hunting time, too. *converts shiny capture luck into playtime luck, which has a 1:800 hour ratio*

My shiny Psyduck was also on the game but I had the idea to SR starters. So after about an hour of thinking I released my shiny Psyduck :( and then started SR'ing for a starter. 94 SR's in and a Shiny Freaking Totodile appeared!

I'm sorry to hear about your Psyduck, but congrats on the Totodile! The Johto starters are all wonderful shinies!

Years
Hey guys, I hate to be a pest, but does anyone know if Landorous is still around? Or has he faded away with the club? I need him because he managed to get my shiny Tailow from my computer rom to DS and traded it with me, if anyone else knows how to do this contact me! :)

G-Money

Years
but does anyone know if Landorous is still around? Or has he faded away with the club?

No, no one knows. He is an ephemeral enigma, swaying in and out of existence like branches in the wind on a savannah at sunset as the wolves howl and the tide comes in. He's created so many accounts that I'm not sure if even he knows if he's still around. The most recent one of which I'm aware is Reddit, but it hasn't been used since November. He might have a more recent one, but he's no longer an active member of this club. You'll have to search the rest of the forum and ask around to see if you can find him.

And what do you mean "with the club?"? We're not fading away! We're only going up! :cer_nod:

Sure, racing motivates me! xD

It's on! :pink_pissed:

Last edited:

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
DB Is Back

I got A shiny Breloom last month After 2 Months of searching

That darn shroomish ko'd two of my pokemon before i caught it

Im hunting numel and im at 210 darn my love of grass pokemon

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Originally Posted By Epic-Latios-Fan:
That is possibly one of my more pitiful days of my life. I wished it never happened. But it deleted because my Sapphire is a bad copy and every time I go to certain places and save there, the file will delete automatically.

Oh, so sad...

On topic, well, I seem to have lost all motivation for hunting,
but I'm going to start soft resetting for Bebe's Eevee,
and was wondering, G-Money and NightofRemorse, do you want to make it a triple race?
It might get me in the spirit a little more.

ShinySearcher01, Out.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
And then I said, "OATMEAL!?? Are you craz-"

Oh, hi there, SHC!

Is it Ok if I can join? I love collecting Shiny Pokemon.

Of course! Welcome to the club! I remember talking to you a few months ago and wondering if you were an epic person who was a fan of normal Latios or if you were a normal person who was a fan of epic Latios. :cer_laugh:

I'm really, really sorry to hear about your Torchic. That must be terrible. :pink_no: I really hope you can get another shiny Torchic soon. If you need an evil enchantress to cook up a Torchic stew for you, I might be able to find one for you. :D

I got A shiny Breloom last month After 2 Months of searching

Congrats on the Breloom! I don't really know anything about Super Smash brothers, so I can't really answer you question with full knowledge. But anything with shinies would immediately become 20% cooler!

G-Money and NightofRemorse, do you want to make it a triple race?
It might get me in the spirit a little more.

ShinySearcher01, Out.

Sure! The fun has been doubled!

Years
I went on a cruise ship for 10 days and brought along my DS with Heart Gold, so I was all like im'a shiny hunt.

94 resets and I got a shiny Totodile, sorry for no "great" photos, it was a screenshot from the video I did. (my bad)
Spoiler:

Then as I was playing Sapphire on my ROM and ran into a random shiny Tentacool.
Spoiler:
At the moment, I've came home from my holiday and have started RE'ing for a Ponyta, (year long hunt) with my Leaf Green and Heart Gold.

Oh and one more thing, does ANYONE know how to transfer a ROM Pokemon to a DS game? Any help would be appreciated. (Hence I was asking where Landorous was so he could do it, he did it last time.)

Anyway guys, good luck on all of your hunts.

----

Ok sorry, ONE MORE THING, as you can see my signature is starting to look like some kinda shiny pyramid, and it looks silly, lol.

Is someone able to make a me a good looking one? Cheers.

Last edited:
Back