• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
Hi there! First of all, thank so much for this hack. Like some of the others on here, I also had the urge to play Gen 3 again for nostalgia purposes, and this hack in particular stood out because the tweaks still stay more or less true to the original game.

I was wondering if you'd be able to tell me what code types the cheats you provided are (like if they are GameShark Advance/Action Replay v1/2 or Action Replay MAX v3/4), and also if they are encrypted or decrypted. I intend to incorporate the cheats into the rom itself so that I can play it on my 3DS, but the program I'm using to do that only supports Codebreaker codes. If I know which type they are, then it would be easier for me to convert them.

Thanks again for this hack, dude :)

Not entirely sure but I think they're GameShark and I think they are decrypted but again not entirely sure. I'm glad you like it! I pretty much wanted this to be the best Emerald experience and I think it's getting close to being that :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
Not entirely sure but I think they're GameShark and I think they are decrypted but again not entirely sure. I'm glad you like it! I pretty much wanted this to be the best Emerald experience and I think it's getting close to being that :)

Yeah definitely, and that EV training room sounds awesome. Thanks for the info on the code types, by the way!

Years
A nifty update today, Altering Cave is now a full fledged EV training area! There are now six signs that when activated will initiate battles with high EV yield pokemon (go ahead and try to catch them you cheaters! :P)
Also by request, I have noted which fishing rod is required to catch which pokemon in the readme.

Years
Found a way to make Flash light up the whole screen so I have added that, also I have added an NPC to the EV training area to heal your pokemon, but I might just make the battles automatically heal you, feels cheap to do that but it would be awful convenient.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Found a way to make Flash light up the whole screen so I have added that, also I have added an NPC to the EV training area to heal your pokemon, but I might just make the battles automatically heal you, feels cheap to do that but it would be awful convenient.

Just saying, when you're trying to fish for a Tentacool now (probably on any route/town, I'm fishing at Dewford/Route 106), they can't be caught. I get Tentacool line is probably in the EV training cave for Sp.Def but I wanted to raise one and now I'm stuck on this. Yay.

Years
Just saying, when you're trying to fish for a Tentacool now (probably on any route/town, I'm fishing at Dewford/Route 106), they can't be caught. I get Tentacool line is probably in the EV training cave for Sp.Def but I wanted to raise one and now I'm stuck on this. Yay.

Try walking in front of the entrance to Altering Cave, there's a script there that turns off the no catch script, even if it isn't open yet

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
Not really a bug... The text for Item Storage in the PC in Littleroot Town is displayed as ?ITEM STORage?
Just wanted to let you know because it looked pretty odd. Not sure if it?s something you would even want to try to fix since it?s such a minor issue

Years
Not really a bug... The text for Item Storage in the PC in Littleroot Town is displayed as ?ITEM STORage?
Just wanted to let you know because it looked pretty odd. Not sure if it?s something you would even want to try to fix since it?s such a minor issue

Unfortunately there's a few like that, the application I used to de-capitalize everything wasn't 100% thorough. When I have the time I'll have to go through every line of text in the game to verify they've been properly de-capitalized, but it's low on the priority list lol
Thanks for letting me know all the same!

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Found a way to make Flash light up the whole screen so I have added that

I'm suspecting this broke Brawly. You know how Brawly's gym is dark and only lights up the more trainers you defeat.
Now you can defeat Brawly, but then the screen will go dark except for what I'd call a reverse spotlight on Brawly and your trainer, which causes the game to freeze before Brawly's badge-awarding dialogue can trigger.

Years
I'm suspecting this broke Brawly. You know how Brawly's gym is dark and only lights up the more trainers you defeat.
Now you can defeat Brawly, but then the screen will go dark except for what I'd call a reverse spotlight on Brawly and your trainer, which causes the game to freeze before Brawly's badge-awarding dialogue can trigger.

Damn, really? Should have thought of that.... I'll see if I can't fix that

Years
Version 5.12
Minor bugfix today, because of the improved Flash change, it made Brawly's gym crash if too many trainers had been defeated before the Gym Leader. Now defeating him won't light up the Gym more than what it was before starting the battle. Thanks to Zero-G for telling me about this bug!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 22, 2018
Need fix too many , bad level system , no fairy type and pokemons dont learn some moves with level up.

Years
Need fix too many , bad level system , no fairy type and pokemons dont learn some moves with level up.

What's wrong with the level system? I chose to not include the fairy type because I want it to still feel like Emerald. There are only a few pokemon here and there that don't learn attacks like growl or leer to make space for their higher level attacks, I didn't think they'd be missed. The learnsets are as they are in vanilla Emerald but with some FR/LG additions

Years
Nice QoL improvements, i'll give it a shot as soon as you find a solution for legendary spawns (events instead of regular spawns maybe?) and release seperate patches for starters.

Is it possible to release a seperate patch without moveset changes? Can you give the list of removed moves?

The starters are something I just need to take the time to do, been fiddling around with some other things that have been giving me a lot of grief. The only moves removed are growl and leer and the like and only on four or five pokemon and most still learn them in earlier evolutions (hence why I decided to replace them) I suppose I could make a patch that doesn't have the moveset changes but I think it is an overall positive change, if you think people would want it, I'll do it (I take requests on this if they seem easily doable and maintains the overall feel in going for which is enhanced vanilla). The legendaries planned are to be, raikou and zapdos trapped in the New Mauville generator (my thinking being that's how it's being powered), Entei and Moltres in the Scorched Slab (since it's so boring as is, plus it makes sense for fire types to be there), and Suicune in Shoal Cave with Articuno in the Ice Room. Not sure what to do with Celebi, Jirachi, and Mewtwo though, I'm open to suggestions!

Years
Fun update today, was finally able to implement some highly anticipated (for me anyway) features!
Now when repels wear off, you get the option to immediately use another like in the later gens.
Inside the Daycare, there is a new NPC sitting at the table who will switch your pokemon's ability for you! (for example, if you take your Ludicolo with Swift Swim to him, it will make the Ludicolo have Rain Dish instead)
The maximum amount of money the player can hold has been increased to 9,999,999
The starters have now been set to the default (Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip) but you can use IPS patches to change them to the Johto or Kanto starters.
Also a minor buxfix to the EV training cave, for some reason the Special Defense spawner wasn't working but has now been tested and works perfectly.

For some reason the no catch script seems to activate around Dewford, so please make sure you save/reset after entering the Granite Cave, I haven't noticed it being a problem after this but if you notice any bugs PLEASE let me know and I will do my best to fix them.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
A quick question: is there any special Dark move in-game?
I want to train a houndour, but as far as I know all default gen 3 Dark moves would qualify as physical.

Back