• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
this sounds promising! although i think you promised a bit too much at the beginning of the thread it definately sounds like you might be able to follow it up. I would like to see some newer screenshots though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I haven't updated for a while because I have been working on the Pokedex menu...man I gotta make 400+ different pictures just for the Pokedex! theres probably a quicker way but i understand my way and it makes sense to me. i thought it was about time i posted some more screenshots. Meerkat, i've just been perfecting the game as much as i can. when i get the cbs i'll have to create about 5 trainer battles, 2 gym trainers and the gym leader battles and then demo should be available.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
those screens are kewl!!! i like the message box and that new pokemon looks awesome, sort of a machop/charmander type thing. i can't wait for a demo now. you guys hurry it up with that cbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2005
nice phoenix! Though that Pok?mon doesn't really fit in with all the other pok?mon sprites, it looks cool. Keep it up :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Great!
Here are my comments:
1) The message boarder can be a little thicker IMHO
2) The arrow to continue the message should have a transparant background. It's white right now.
3) The picture of the starting fighting pokemon should be a little smaller IMHO.

Though small, there's not much to improve on from those screens. Looks great, Phoenix! Good luck!

Battle Sys update: I'm trying to send the game to Meerkat now. He should be getting an email with the system. It'll go back and forth for a while until it's complete. Then the game is handed over to the CMS and map people so they can work on the story etc.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I took on board all of the comments made and i wanna thank everyone for the positive feedback. i've made the changes suggested by DM and thanks for the battle system update. i'm always interested to hear how it's progressing.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Awesome! These look much better to me. Title screen looks great too. Maybe what would make it look even better was like a patterned background or something like a subtle gradient instead of just a solid color. I like the crispness of the Pokemon logo composition and the placement and balance of the pokemon on the outside. I think that purple cat thing appears twice though- once in the middle-top, and one in the upper right corner. Otherwise, it's lookin' great!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
total count on new pokemon is 19(excluding legendaries) at the moment. Is that enough or should i take it up to 30+. also would you like to see more completely new pokemon or (pre)evolutions of existing pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
i'd like to see more completely new pokemon and also new attacks to increase the appeal of some of the weaker types like bug and poison as well as ghost and dark.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
i wonder why phoenix hasn't posted for a while. i hope he hasn't discontinued.... maybe he has been busy with the new pokemon...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
hey guys, sorry for not posting in while ive been really busy. I've been converting the game from r/s chipsets to fr/lg chipsets as well as new pokemon (53 so far!!!) i've also had loads of schoolwork and exam preparation to do but i'm gonna post a couple of pokedex pics in a bit.
DM thanx for the faith >_<........only j/k

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
interest seems to be dying down...unfortunately my comp has broken down so i wont be working on the game for a while, maybe two weeks, but i can't release a demo until the battle system has been implemented into the game anyway and i don't know when i'll be getting that either. see ya.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yes, things have been dying down. No offense, but you're not exactly helping by breaking your comp :P

I say you release a demo without battles. Meerkat has the system now, and he's not posting for three weeks. It's going to be a while, so just release a demo already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back