• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal Wright
"Okay Vel, I want you to pull this rock with as much strength as you can!" He looked toward Tristen, "Do you think I can get some rope also? I think I should be training as well, stay fit and all that." Teal watched as Vel pulled the rock, she seemed to be struggling. At first she tried to run at full speed in one direction, but after she found that it wasn't working she tried mimicking croagunk, planting her feet in firmly and running, but even then she couldn't move.

Hm, maybe she is doing something wrong, or maybe she isn't trying hard enough. I know that she should be able to pull it. Teal began to think, "Vel can you try walking with the rock instead of running?" Vel began to slow down, this time inching forward with the rock. "There we go!"

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
(I have permission from Khawill to bunny Kira and Kim)

Rafael, Kira and Kim.

I looked at her with slight hope in my eyes seeing as she was the first girl I actually revealed my feelings to. But Kira and Kim both looked at me awkwardly and whispered between each other. Kira looked at me awkwardly and I smiled but knew what was coming next.

"Err Rafael we just met today and we barely know anything about each other so I don't feel the same way yet. I'm sorry" She said and I sighed and then looked at her with a small smile on my face. I felt heartbroken but I didn't show it and the entire situation got awkward.

"Hey can I walk you to your dorm Kira" I asked and she nodded and we started to walk towards the dorms my eyes showed I was sad but my face was a smile showing that I was good at hiding my emotions from others.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

"Sure," Tristen tossed a rope at Teal, "Here's a rope for yourself." Tristen herself wasn't going to exercise; she was a little more frail than most people. She could run just fine, but weight lifting was sort of out of the question.

Croagunk had been patiently pulling the rope as he made his way across the clearing, taking small breaks now and then when Tristen called out the intervals. He was diligent in his training, and he always did his best to get the most out of his workouts. In this way, his perfectionism wasn't a fault.

Skarmory was flying overhead, working on his speed and maneuverability; he had an extra hole in his tail, which resulted in a harder time flying, but Tristen was helping him to get around that and make it a strength. He flew in zigzags, and followed occasional commands as called out by Tristen. He would "sprint" for a little bit, and react quickly when Tristen called out an attack. Fly-- "Air Cutter!" -- Fly-- "Agility!" -- Etc.

It wasn't long before both of her pokemon were getting slightly tired, and it was almost time for her pokemon to move on to flexibility and continue building on speed.

"How are you holding up there, Teal?" Tristen asked as she watched Teal weight training along side his linoone.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
"Just peachy." Teal was sweating through his shirt, he wasn't unfit but he had never really worked out this hard before, "I think Vel is doing fine too, just how long exactly do we have to do this?" Teal was getting very tired but there was a certain amount of dedication to getting stronger, I may not be as strong as pokemon but I definitely can try. "If you can bring me and Vel a few oran berries I should be able to last another few minutes." I don't know what it is about oran berries but they just give so much life and energy!

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen went over to Teal's bag and took out some oran berries and handed them to him. "Keep working for another five minutes. Then we can work on some command training for you guys, since I'm assuming Vel doesn't need any work on speed or flexibility for now."

She turned around and returned to her own pokemon. Both of them stood before her, patiently waiting for her to begin. Without speaking, Tristen proceeded to lead them through some stretching exercises, including some yoga moves as well as some others of her own making. She considered flexibility to be very important, especially when it came to her "profession"... Though sneaking around in places where you shouldn't be isn't exactly a commendable job.

They simply followed her example to the best of their ability, and no verbal commands were expressed. They had been through these exercises enough to know what to do without being told. Tristen had to show Skarmory his own stretches a while back because his anatomy was a bit different from theirs, but he was able to get just as good a stretch as Gabriel.

Tristen shivered as the chilly autumn air really began to get to her, and she had to stop stretching so she could wrap her arms around her body. "Keep going, you guys." She began to gently hop up and down to get her blood flowing. Her pokemon obeyed without question and continued their routine stretches, looking positively ridiculous. It was a good thing that Tristen had raised them not to worry about what other people think (though Gabriel still had troubles with that one).

White hair bobbing up and down, Tristen continued hopping, though it did little to address how cold she was getting. Huh... I should probably get my sweater soon. And eat something. I haven't eaten since breakfast... which was half an apple. She rolled her eyes. Tristen had a very good memory--except when it came to taking care of herself. Go figure.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth woke up to an evening like any other. He felt the need to explore, and decided to check out the Raikou dorm. As he got up, he felt Shadow mentally tell him something.

What? I didn't get that.

The dancing girl is there. You'd better hurry.

Okay... Why?

Just do so...

Seth got all the way up and walked out of the dorm. He went accross the field that seperated the three dorms. As he approached the Raikou dorm, he saw Kira and Raphael talking near the entrance. He approached, he saw that Kira's Frosslass wasnt there. He had wanted to communicate with her, but apparently he would have to wait.

"Hello again! How are you doing? What happened to your Frosslass?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Nika offered to help Mark out with training Able. It wasn't her fault but she still seemed to want to make it up somehow. Mark could say that it was alright, but having someone around to help him train would be nice. Teachers weren't going to be available all the time after all. She seemed nice enough after all... Mark smiled up at her and got up.

"Well... if you want to help out then I don't got much reason to decline! Sure! I don't mind having a training partner." Mark said to her. Meanwhile Able had calmed down a bit and was a bit more relaxed. She was still a bit upset though. Snype walked over to Able and Shedinja.

"...Sorry about all that Able. I didn't want to hurt you like that..." Snype said. Able simply sighed and stayed quiet.

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. "Thank you!" Kayla looked at her and laughed. Then she gasped and opened her bag. She dug down to the bottom and pulled out two ribbons. "You can use these to tie your hair up!" Holly took the ribbons with her free hand and looked ay Kayla. "Why do you have these?" Kayla looked at Holly and laughed again. "You never know when there's a ribbon emergency!" Holly looked at Kayla and laughed. Then she turned to Haru. "Can you let go of my hair?"

Jasmine looked at Void and sighed. "But she's annoying!" Yuri frowned and bit down onto Jasmine's tail again. "I can't believe I have to do this again..." Rosemary looked at Jasmine and laughed. "Ha ha! You got in trouble!" She climbed up Kayla's shoulder and stuck her tongue out again. Lumina looked down at Jasmine and frowned. "Bad!" Daisy and Primrose laughed at her.

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal Wright
After another few minutes he gave out, "That was intense,really worked up an appetite! There isn't any food in my bag but berries though." He felt disappointed, he left all the food at the beach, "Let me sprint back to the academy and get some from the cafeteria!" He began running as fast as he could to the campus, "Can you do the next thing for Vel please?" he shouted back.

Vel was done with the rock and had bitten through the rope to get out, she was now going through Teal's backpack for food. After she couldn't find any (he kept his berries zipped up and Vel couldn't get to them) she pulled out a blanket he kept with him and laid down at Tristen's feet on top of it, she than began to sleep heavily.
(OOC: I'll separate Teal and Vel, controlling Vel and Teal)

Kira
"Thanks for the offer Rafael but I can walk from here." She laughed softly, "Hey it's that kid from the beach!" She was a bit glad to have the awkwardness slightly reduced. He had asked where her froslass had gone, "Kim? She went inside to our room, I don't think she likes being outside much." She felt her stomach rumble, But I just ate, I can't be hungry now. "Hey guys, uh I hate to say this but I need something to eat." She sighed and began to pat Rafael on the shoulders "Why don't you cheer up? I only met you today after all! Also I need to talk to you kid, how do you know that guy from the beach? Tell me as much as you know!" There is no way that guy from the beach is any good, and this guy seems to know him. She looked to Rafael, "Why don't you get some rest, you did almost die after all! We can meet at the cafeteria and you can by me breakfast in the morning."

Good kid, I hope he doesn't feel too bad. She looked at the boy with the shuppet, "Tell me about that kid from the beach who just ran off, is he bad luck? Is he a witch or something, there's no way he can be any good." She felt a bit demanding

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"Who? Teal? He's just a trainer that I met yesterday. That's about all I know, but I think he's a good trainer... It's just that his Pokemon need a bitta work is all... You want to go into the common room?" Seth asked as he shivered in the cold night air. He also wanted to get closer to the ghost/ice type so that he could communicate properly. Seeing that Kira was slightly distracted, he went back into her mind.

It gets easier everytime... he thought briefly before delving into the girl's conscious.

He saw the scene with raphael in an alebeit hazy way. Withdrawing, he looked at the door.

"Well, should we?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux
Academy Grounds

Genevieve looked up from petting Sapphire to see the boy had knelt in front of her, and said his mother had died when he was born. She was still feeling extremely emotional, and the topic was sensitive to her at the moment, so it took all she had not to cry. It got even harder when the boy showed her a letter from his father, as well as a picture of his mother, saying he had never shown it to anyone before. Though Genevieve never got the chance to say a word before the boy stood and bowed to her and Maxwell before leaving with his Lucario.

With a sigh her eyes filled with tears as she looked down at her lap, and Sapphire sent a glare at the boys retreating figure before turning and hugging Genevieve's leg in an attempt to stop the girl from crying again.

Rosalyn Smith
Academy Hallways ---> Cafeteria

Rosalyn let out an inaudible sigh before following Jimmy eventually walking in step with him as Belle followed her. With a small smile Rosalyn gave Kaida an affectionate pat on the head before looking at Jimmy. "you sure your okay?" she asked softly glancing at Alice.

"You look like your thinking about something...or someone?" Rosalyn giggled slightly seeing the other girls rosy cheeks, though as she spoke she grabbed Jimmy's hand like she had the day before and blushed more as she did it, she didn't know who Alice was thinking of or why she was blushing, but it didn't stop her from showing the other girl that Jimmy was in her mind, hers.

Khawill

<3
Years
Kira
"There isn't any food in my room, and there has to be more to that kid, Rafael was fine until he came along!" My head feels funny, she took a deep breath and began to hum a tune in her head, she knew what was happening because of the time she spent with Liza, they were always fighting and sometimes Liza would read her mind to get an upper hand.

"We can go to the cafeteria to talk, asking things out loud is much better don't you think? Anyways I'm starving."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"Okay. I don't care where it is, as long as we can get inside.

foiled again... She knows what she's doing, but what do you expect from a Ghost trainer?

They started walking. "So, you grew up in Hoenn region? Or Johto? You kinda have a mix of Pokemon from all over."

I don't think that's a coincidence, correct Shadow? but the Shuppet was nowhere in sight.

Eh, he'll be back... Just like a moth to a lighthouse.

They got to the cafeteria and sat at an empty table, which wasn't hard to find in the nearly empty room.

"What do you want? I'll go get it for you."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Before Tristen could say anything, Teal was off towards campus, dashing like a madman for some food. She shook her head to herself as she continued to try to keep herself somewhat warm. Just then, Vel, Teal's linoone, grabbed a blanket from Teal's bag and placed it at her feet and fell asleep on top of it.

"Nuh-uh, Vel." Tristen chuckled as she slowly picked up Vel from off of the blanket and held her gently in her arms. She reached into her pocket to offer the small pokemon a piece of pokefood. "I'm not done with you yet. We've still got some training to do even though Teal's gone for now."

She gently pat Vel on the head as she saw her pokemon finish up their stretching. Addressing the linoone, she picked up the blanket, dusted it off, and asked, "May I borrow this for a little bit? I'm kind of freezing my butt off."

While she waited for a reply from Vel, Tristen spoke to her pokemon. "We're going to be working on reaction time and sparring. You two know the drill."

Nodding to each other, the Gabriel and Skarmory headed off to the other end of the clearing and faced each other.

Tristen spoke to her pokemon. "I'm looking for flexibility, speed, combination attacks, and inventiveness. The first one to immobilize, but not defeat, their opponent wins a reward. There's a penalty if you make your opponent faint. Begin whenever."

Silently, the two pokemon faced each other. After some moments of silence, they suddenly began to spar.

Khawill

<3
Years
Vel
Vel accepted the food and the pets comfortably,when she was put down she began to walk in circles, "We've still got some training to do even though Teal's gone for now." Vel heard the words and linked them to more work, she watched as the other pokemon began to fight and really wanted to be on Teal's shoulder. She ran up to ponyta and began to scratch at its legs. When ponyta looked down Vel got in a fighting stance and turned to look at Tristen to see if she had anything to say.

Kira
"I've always lived in Hoenn but its easy for me to get things from other regions, such as a Dawn Stone to evolve Kim." She thought about the food she wanted, "Why not some rice with soy sauce and vegetables, that should do fine. Where did your shuppet go?" She looked around for the pokemon and shivered, ghost types give me the creeps, and then she remembered that Kim was half ghost, at least she is normal.

"Oh yea can I get some water too please?" Suddenly she heard the doors slam open, someone must be in a hurry.

Teal Wright
Teal burst through doors still running. He ran straight to the counter accidentally pushing someone out of the way, "Oh sor- oh hey its you! Are you following me Seth?" he laughed a bit, though out of breath. "Give me a sec, I just came here to get some food for me and my trainer and I'm way out of breath." He was breathing hard but after a few seconds he was able to speak normally, "So why are you here? The food I left at the beach wasn't enough." He laughed again.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"No, I was talking to Kira over there and she got hungry. Who's training you? Never mind, I wouldn't know them, as the only other person that I know just left back home. Good riddance is what I say."

The two friends got to the counter where they were serving food.

"water and special rice for me, you Teal? Oh, and Kira seems not to like you. She keeps saying stuff about bad luck and other superstitious crap... Never beloved in it, I just think she doesn't like you. Ah, there's Shadow!"

Shadow drifted through the wall right behind Kira.

Oh no you don't...

But I- fine.

Shadow drifted over to Seth and made a face at Kira as he floated by. Seth just rolled his eyes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Gabriel began racing towards Skarmory at a fast pace right at the start of their "mini-match." He started out by throwing a poison sting attack at the steel bird, which seemed to only bounce off of his thick armor. He could hear Tristen calling out in the back, "Gabriel! Think a little more outside of the box! You can't just start with Poison Sting every time. It's predictable--Think a little harder here!"

Meanwhile, Skarmory had chosen to use the move agility, increasing his speed and dexterity in the air.

The small croagunk knew that at this rate, he would be unable to land a hit on Skarmory due to his being bound to the ground--so he chose to think "creatively," as his trainer put it.

Stopping to calm himself, Gabriel took in a deep breath before jumping into the air and throwing his entire body to the ground, slamming it with Earthquake. The resulting tremor registered as a Magnitude 6, shaking the ground, but not harming Skarmory because of his levitate.

Skarmory watched curiously from above as he decided to throw Air Cutter at the small purple frog on the ground.

Back on the other end of the clearing, Tristen was working with Teal's linoone. Vel looked curiously at her, asking if she should follow suit with Ponyta and spar like her own pokemon. "Nope--We're going to be working on commands and obedience training now." She started walking towards the another clear end of the field and gestured that they follow. "Teal told me you can be a little naughty, and a little unpredictable. We're going to work on that."

"I'm going to make this like a game, so it's a little funner for you." Tristen tossed her hair back. "I'm going to ask you to race to that tree over there. However, if I yell out for you to stop, you have to stop, or else you have to start pulling the rock again for fifteen minutes. If I tell you to use Dig, you use Dig--but the moment I tell you to stop, you have to stop whatever you're doing, even if you just barely started. If you don't stop immediately, you get to pull the rock." She smiled at the linoone. "If you do really well, I might give you a reward. Ponyta, you can join if you'd like. It's sort of like Red Light/Green Light. You guys ready?"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Hallways -> Cafeteria

Alice looked at Rosalyn, feeling slightly more embarrassed. She didn't know if to tell them or not. That Rosalyn girl seemed nice and Alice felt she could trust her. And about Jimmy, well, he wasn't as nice as Rosalyn, but something about him told him that she could tell him with no risk of him spreading it out. Probably because he wouldn't give a damn and would just shrug it off.

But she knew it was not the place to tell them. It was too crowded, and she was afraid that her secret would spread around the school and that it would reach Roxas' ears. And if he had to hear that, well, she would prefer it if she was the one who told him.

"Um, mind if I tell you when we're at the cafeteria?" she said, "It's...kind of a secret."

Her cheeks turned more rosy, and she bit her lip. Then she glanced at Jimmy and Rosalyn, who were now holding hands.

"Rosalyn, what are you doing?" Jimmy said and took out his shades again, placing them in front of his eyes because everything was getting too bright for him and his eyes hadn't fully healed yet. "I don't need no help walking anymore."

Upon hearing this, Alice opened her mouth. Wow... she thought, not being able to believe that Jimmy didn't know what holding hands actually meant.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Cafeteria

Rosalyn nodded smiling at Alice as she still held Jimmy's hand in hers. Since Alice wanted to tell them in the Cafeteria, Rosalyn was confident that the girl didn't like like Jimmy, though that didn't mean Rosalyn was gonna let go of the boys hand. In fact, she rather liked holding it and that made her blush a bit more as she glanced at Jimmy.

Jimmy had put his shades back on and asked what she was doing, telling her he didn't need help walking, she just gently squeezed his hand and smiled shyly.

"I know you don't, but I don't care" she said softly "I...I want to hold you hand so I am" she added blushing a bit more, her feelings obvious to everyone but the boy who held her affection.

Khawill

<3
Years
Vel
Vel understood the rules but decided that pulling a rock wasn't fun. As soon as she asked if they were ready Vel jumped on ponyta's back and tried to stay on.

Teal
"Well I doubt she means any harm by it, she looks like a nice person. Her name is Kira, hm well tell her I said hi." Wonder why she doesn't like me, "Can I get that to go ma'am please." Teal grabbed the food, "I really don't know what else to say right now, I'm sure Vel is bothering Tristen right now." He waved and ran as fast as he could back to the forest, slamming the doors again.

Kira
Kira shuttered as she could feel the shuppet sneak up on her, bet hes trying to break my concentration. When Seth got back to the table she began speaking, "Took you a long time, did you see anybody?" She eyed him suspiciously, "It seems you and him are constantly in the same place, you saw him earlier too didn't you?" She let him into her mind and showed him her memory of Teal coughing blood and going off, He was fine when he came to the beach, it wasn't until he saved Rafael. So tell me, does he know dark magic or something? You seem to be oddly interested in him for some reason. She then closed off her mind, "So? You want to talk?"

Back