• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Neonix

╚N═e═o═n═i═X
Years
This really is an amazing tool. Very powerful and so many useful features in one fully English program. I'm really impressed and I look forward to future updates with much anticipation!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
silver314,
This might be a strange request but i hope you can do this,

But can you add a option to save all pokemon data to file like "txt, doc",
Or even posible to a sql database,

I was planning to write all data to a database but doing this by hand is quite well hard to do.

So if you can add a option that will store this into a file in a nice order.
I can probably write up a parser to parse the .txt file and place it into a sql database.

This would save me hours and hours of work.
Even if you can only do this by 1 file per pokemon that wouldnt matter for me.

So i hope you can respond to this and add a option like this.

Thanks.

Edit:
Before i forget could you also add,
Like locations where the pokemon can be found + rate to be found at the location + level to level,
If posible thanks again and keep up the great work :).

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
silver314,
This might be a strange request but i hope you can do this,

But can you add a option to save all pokemon data to file like "txt, doc",
Or even posible to a sql database,

I was planning to write all data to a database but doing this by hand is quite well hard to do.

So if you can add a option that will store this into a file in a nice order.
I can probably write up a parser to parse the .txt file and place it into a sql database.

This would save me hours and hours of work.
Even if you can only do this by 1 file per pokemon that wouldnt matter for me.

So i hope you can respond to this and add a option like this.

Thanks.

Edit:
Before i forget could you also add,
Like locations where the pokemon can be found + rate to be found at the location + level to level,
If posible thanks again and keep up the great work :).

If not YAPE, someone should make a program that autodocs all the data of a POKéMON, for release purposes: i.e. making an online pokedex of the hack

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
Well currently its here 11:39 am in holland,
Still havent slept yet.

Currently learning a bit about api calls,
Going to try and create a application that has the ability to read information from YAPE,
And store all the information into a file/database.

But since i never really worked with api's like thats its quite some learning/testing/taking alot of time :D.
But i seem to have the basics if i ever finish it since i'm quite tired atm.
I will ofcourse if the application is at least normal useable release the application/
Or if its quite uhm well half working with testing and messing :p.
I will release the result of it so a db/file with all the information.
I probably if i finish this will store it into a sql file.

edit:
No progress its no 20:29 still havent slept so no wonder right :p.
But uhm i was checking on what YAPE changes but it seems even if i only change the hp of 1 pokemon whole chuncks of code gets altert :/,
Whats up with that is i may ask ?
Ah and i'm checking using hex compare. a function inside Hex Workshop.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2008
Sorry for the lack of activity here. Been really busy with other things lately. I'll probably have a bit more time in another week or two, so I should be able to make some more progress on YAPE.

Text export is a reasonable request and one I had considered anyway. I'll add it to my list...

Well currently its here 11:39 am in holland,
Still havent slept yet.

Currently learning a bit about api calls,
Going to try and create a application that has the ability to read information from YAPE,
And store all the information into a file/database.

But since i never really worked with api's like thats its quite some learning/testing/taking alot of time :D.
But i seem to have the basics if i ever finish it since i'm quite tired atm.
I will ofcourse if the application is at least normal useable release the application/
Or if its quite uhm well half working with testing and messing :p.
I will release the result of it so a db/file with all the information.
I probably if i finish this will store it into a sql file.

I'm not sure how you're reading info from YAPE, but I should warn you that some of the UI may change. Also, if you're using reflection to pull data from it, I could change the internal code and you might have some breaks then. The safest way to handle this would be for us to have a well-defined text format for exporting data from YAPE and then you can write a tool to pull that into whatever DB you want. If you're interested in defining the format, then that's fine. Otherwise I will probably make one up when I get the chance.

No progress its no 20:29 still havent slept so no wonder right :p.
But uhm i was checking on what YAPE changes but it seems even if i only change the hp of 1 pokemon whole chuncks of code gets altert :/,
Whats up with that is i may ask ?
Ah and i'm checking using hex compare. a function inside Hex Workshop.

The additional change you are seeing is probably normal. YAPE doesn't specifically track what was edited, it just saves all data every time you do a save. The things that are likely to change are:

• the pokedex text/pointers (mainly in leaf green, as YAPE compacts all the entries and lg has some empty space in its dex text area)
  • The order of evolution data. (Evolution data is sorted internally in YAPE. When it writes the data back, it puts it in the sorted order rather than original order.)
There should not be any functional change aside from what you modify. If you find any, let me know and I will look into it.

--Silver314

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
If you are really intrested into adding a feature to make it posible to save all information to a file format,
That would probably be best,
Since the way i would be reading things from YAPE,

Would break down every new version probably,
As for the format of the text itself,
Everything should do as long as its clear,

I would actually recommend a ini format,
[BASIC]
count=4 < actually amount of diffrent pokemon stored,
[INFO1]
name=BULBASUAR
more=?
more=?

Along of these lines would probably be best since about everybody knows how to read ini information,
And its pretty easy to write a parser for it,
If its made in ini format i probably write the parser in php.

As for the hex info thank you then now i know why so much data was changed,
I was actually trying to lookup where everything is stored so i could create my own tool and add it directly into a database.
I already checked the forum but only minimal information is public.

And as i'm quite new to gba editing/reading. i'm not quite sure on how to figure out where its stored at.

But i hope you add the new feature of saving it to a file that would be great!
Ofcourse i hope you not only add a posibilty to save 1 pokemon at a time but also to loop and save all pokemon information to 1 ini.

The ???? pokemon well i guess a option to save those or not would be best.

Thanks since this will save me alot of learning + messing things up.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2019
I downloaded this from WAH yesterday, its the best! Hope you continue, i gave my charizard a Sacred Fire with this! Keep truckin!

Pie

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Whenever I try to load a ROM it says it's not configured. What's up?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
Great program.
However, I do have one question. Is there any way to allow other items to be used to evolve Pokemon (e.g., allow Dragon Scale to just evolve Seadra in a manner similar to a Water Stone, rather than only being able to evolve by trading with it?), because I'd like to keep the evolutions as close as possible to the real games, rather than having to settle for a Water Stone or something.

Pie

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
@attacaine:

If you mean you want to evolve it by stone, then use "Item" as an evolution type, then choose the stone.

I don't think you can evolve a pokemon by holding an item and leveling up, if you want that.

The only other way to evolve a Pokemon with a hold item is w/ trading with yourself, which is hard to do on a ROM.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow this is nice! Can I ask though: Are you thinkin bout adding the pokemon battle sprite and menu animations to this? Its a feature that would make this the ultimate well semi ultimate pokemon tool

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey, I downloaded it and checked the help section...
To add new moves, do u have to clear all the other moves, u can't add another level?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
If you want to add one new move, you must remove (at least) one other existing move.
Yape should work with pointers, because it's weird to have -180 attacks left (I have a pokemon that learns an attack every level.

Also, found a bug, when loading a certain pokemon and its evolutions. I haven't edited that pokemon's data since I have yape so it's nothing I messed up (at least in yape) and the rest of programs run fine.
It gives me this error:

Index was out of range, must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection
Parameter name: index
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at YAPE.MainForm.AddEvolutionsToTree(Int32 pkmn, TreeNode node, List`1 history)
   at YAPE.MainForm.BuildEvolutionTree()
   at YAPE.MainForm.LoadEvolutions(Int32 index)
   at YAPE.MainForm.LoadPokemonData(Int32 index)
   at YAPE.MainForm.ChangeSelectedPkmn(Int32 index)
   at YAPE.MainForm.PkmnSelectVal_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YAPE
    Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Baro/hack/YAPE%200.9/YAPE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MappedComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39633
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Baro/hack/YAPE%200.9/MappedComboBox.DLL
ComboListBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39599
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Baro/hack/YAPE%200.9/ComboListBox.DLL
NumericTextBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39676
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3031.39676
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Baro/hack/YAPE%200.9/NumericTextBox.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

After this error, the rest of the pokemon don't load properly

EDIT: looking at some of the identifiers in the error thing, I believe it can have something to do with the evolution data (because of the evolution.trees thing)... If I knew the offset of the evolution data, I could check it myself in my rom

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
it keeps saying ERROR loading Rom. ERROR Reading base stats

is it my ruby rom?

Back