• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Amber

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
F0LsAkC.png

Introduction:
Using: RPG Maker XP [RMXP]

Welcome to my first personal game that I've created, Pokemon Amber! I'm sure you'll enjoy this project in the final stage, but it's currently a work in progress and I would be glad for people to help me out! PM me if you'd like to help! Quick obligatory answer: Yes, the plan is to have a full dex of fakemon implemented in the region. I'm working on the stater concepts, but spriters, concept artists, and other jobs are available to anyone that would like to help!

Now let's move on to the cool stuff.

Plot:

You live in the region of Erio, as an inspired young trainer ready to begin your adventure, when you find out that, of all things, your family has been tangled with a band of the region's most dangerous cult, The Omega, for over fifty years! Your mom takes no time explaining to you the details of this shocking revelation, and ushers you to the nearest dock where you set sail to the main-land of Ario. There, you acquire your pokemon and begin your journey travelling the pokemon region, fighting The Omega as you collect your gym badges. Unfortunately for you, as time goes by, more is revealed about The Omega's master plans, and it is up to you to stop them from destroying the world!

I wish this could be longer, but it's subject to change as well. The main idea of the game is presented, though

Features:
  • 4th generation graphics with 5th generation trees and other tiles scattered around as well
  • A full fakemon dex to come; other pokemon from previous regions will be available
  • All the features of a regular pokemon game!
  • Colosseum Valley, a new addition to the game that will be explained further at a later time!
  • Lots more gameplay is planned for post-elite four!

Erio PokeDex:
Spoiler:

More to be revealed soon!

Media:

GL3rSbB.png
Qz5Mt5Z.png
OpDmGzx.png
oyZYERq.png
UHCMKFM.png
CWwIYf1.png

all graphics are subject to change

Credits:

• Myself - Programmer, Mapper, Concept Artist, Spriter, Idealist, Director and Creator
  • Maruno and the Pokemon Essentials Team - Surprise, I'm using Essentials!
  • Kyledove - Tilesets
  • Pokemon Raptor - Inspiration
  • 4th Gen Matt - 4th Gen Resource Pack
  • turtwig2, DarkDragonn of dA - More Tilesets
  • ~BaconBoy914 of dA - Froakie sprite, Team Omega OWs
  • Varion - Ollie OW
  • Scarf - Cora VS Sprite
  • venom12, Luka S.J. - VS Script
  • HelioAU - Last Pokemon Gym Script

Last edited:

Matsjo

How Does I Pokéballer
Years
Pretty saucey I think, the first question that I would ask is if you have a motivation for Omega; why do they want to destroy the world? The answer to that question could still change, but an indication helps shape the narrative.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thank you for the input, Matsjo. Unfortunately I don't have an update because I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with the tiles. I've always loved the FR/LG tiles and they are astounding, and to add on to that they have inside tiles to match. The Kyledove DP/Pt tiles are beautiful as well, and at the same time have side-ways and backward stairs for mountains which are important! The downside is there are no inside tiles, or gym tiles that immediately match with them. So, to break it down:

FR/LG tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Inside set to match
Cons:
-No side-ways/backwards stairs for mountains

Kyledove Tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Custom tiles
-Side-ways/backwards stairs for mountains
Cons:
-No inside tiles to match
-Lots of people use this set because it's free to the public

I need some input, guys! Basically I would immediately go for FR/LG tiles but the problem is the stairs. If someone can sprite them/find them in FR/LG style and even resize it to fit on to the default Pokemon Essentials FR/LG tileset, that would be super helpful!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Thank you for the input, Matsjo. Unfortunately I don't have an update because I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with the tiles. I've always loved the FR/LG tiles and they are astounding, and to add on to that they have inside tiles to match. The Kyledove DP/Pt tiles are beautiful as well, and at the same time have side-ways and backward stairs for mountains which are important! The downside is there are no inside tiles, or gym tiles that immediately match with them. So, to break it down:

FR/LG tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Inside set to match
Cons:

Kyledove Tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Custom tiles
Cons:

I need some input, guys! Basically I would immediately go for FR/LG tiles but the problem is the stairs. If someone can sprite them/find them in FR/LG style and even resize it to fit on to the default Pokemon Essentials FR/LG tileset, that would be super helpful!

I can sprite side way stairs, no problem.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I can sprite side way stairs, no problem.

Have at it! I'm going to be pleased with the results, no matter what. Thanks for volunteering! Just keep in mind they must match the FR/LG style. Thank you again!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
rD40A.jpg

Double the size.
Flip it, if need be. Give credit. Enjoy :)

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Wonderful! If it doesn't trouble you any further, would a sprite of stairs going upwards instead of downwards be too much trouble? Such as the stairs in my cliff screenshot.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Wonderful! If it doesn't trouble you any further, would a sprite of stairs going upwards instead of downwards be too much trouble? Such as the stairs in my cliff screenshot.

Those are already in the standard essentials tile set.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years

FR/LG tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Inside set to match
Cons:

Kyledove Tiles:
Pros:
-Good looking tiles
-Custom tiles
Cons:

Glad to see this project back, man. Anyways I'd definitely keep Kyledove tiles. They're really nice when used well and honestly people don't use them as much anymore [I also have a few kyle style tiles assembled that aren't used as much and can add some variety, I can send them to you if you want]. So I'd definitely stick with his.

Also the indoor ones are right here ?_? http://kyle-dove.deviantart.com/art...-103892943?q=gallery:kyle-dove/2325544&qo=197

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I like the story,It's like the hero is tangled with the villian team.Good luck!

Thank you very much!

Those are already in the standard essentials tile set.

I didn't even notice them, thanks!

Glad to see this project back, man. Anyways I'd definitely keep Kyledove tiles. They're really nice when used well and honestly people don't use them as much anymore [I also have a few kyle style tiles assembled that aren't used as much and can add some variety, I can send them to you if you want]. So I'd definitely stick with his.

Also the indoor ones are right here ?_? http://kyle-dove.deviantart.com/art...-103892943?q=gallery:kyle-dove/2325544&qo=197

Thank you! I would like to seem them, but I have made a decision on some b/w tiles I found on kyledoves deviantart. Unfortunately there are barely any houses or buildings on the set so if you know of any RMXP edited houses for B/W style, please inform me! Also if anyone knows how to change the window skin of the text, please tell me that as well. I've unfortunately forgotten in my long hiatus of game-making.

In matters of progress, the first town and the first route are both mapped out. I'll be scripting the first town soon!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

Spoiler:

They're already some in FR/LG.
I presume they'd be somewhere in essentails tileset too.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for the help, but I've decided to use the more current b/w tile set. As I previously stated I need help finding b/w style houses (preferably RMXP ready) and also help with changing the window skin. If anyone can help me with these things I would be eternally grateful.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Thanks nintendork, and if anyone can help me with window skins that would be lovely!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Depends what you want for window skins.
I can try help?

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Something similar to the b/w window skin although HG/SS style is ok as well.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Ok! Could you send me the link? If not I can find it! Thanks for all the help.

Back