• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Global (MMORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Well first off I would like thank all the support that has been given to this project.

Second I would also like to remind Fshy that B5 *is* planned to go up to the route after Olivine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
Oh yes, I'd like to make a point regarding accounts. We *do* try our best to preserve accounts to the full version, but things happen, and account wipes have happened due to corruption issues, etc, and quite possibly will happen again while we are in beta. So, play, have fun, but keep that in mind.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The movement is buggy or it's just laggy, but otherwise good game!

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2008
Hey,

Well to keep it short I would like to help you guys out with mapping.

Got some mapping knownage of COD2/4, gamemaker and the map maker for pokemon offline games.

I really wanna help so hope I can join the team.

Great,

Littlefoxxy

ZombieBear

Pokemon Global MMO Developer
Years
Beta 5 was postponed a bit but has recently been released.
We would like to welcome all players interested in the game.
Please download the jnlp, as this version is not currently availbale through the web applet.
The applet should be functional soon

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Wow, haven't seen this thread in ages.
Well beta 5 is out now with the whole of Johto, And lots of stuff.
First post is really outdated.

Years
I just started playing this game and I'm very impressed! My favorite Pokemon MMO so far. Plus I have a soft spot for Java. : ) I saw on the Pokemon Global site that you're porting to Darkstar--has that gone well so far? I've been considering messing around with Darkstar but haven't gotten around to it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
We started some work on Darkstar, but it proved too difficult for most of our coders so we pushed it back to after we get 1.0 finished; we still have some work in a branch in SVN. It seems like you know Java though, would you be interested in helping us? We're always on the lookout for a new coder :P

Years
Alright, serious critique time.
First off, controls are not explained. I know that you have them in that little ? box up the top, but really, they should be said straight to the player, and not left for the player to discover him/herself
I tried walking into elm along with thousands of different keys before i realised that it was the space bar that was used to talk.
Movement is sluggish, I understand that your server might not be able to keep up, but seriously? Movement alone stopped me from visiting every ones house and talking to NPC's. Seriously, it's that much of a problem. I don't know if your planning to put a bike in this game, but let me tell you, don't even bother until you get the walking issue underway.
Thirdly: Music. I know that you put it in due to request, and that's a very good thing that you actually listen to requests, but jeez, if you're going to get a pathetic MIDI file, then don't even bother. Or if you are gonna do it anyway, at least have DIFFERENT MUSIC FOR DIFFERENT PLACES. Having the same music just gets annoying and is bound to raise blood pressure. At the very least, get a good MIDI. The battle music is terrible.
Next, difficulty. Whatever happened to starting out with 3000 pokedollars, like the normal games? And why do pokemon only drop 5-20 a peice when pokeballs themselves cost 100? This makes it too difficult to raise weaker pokemon who need potions more (if there are potion in this game). Another thing. Proffesor Elm just tells you to bugger off to Cherrygrove. Going there does nothing. You are assuming the player has played GSC before and knows they must visit Mr Pokemon's house.
:/

On the plus side, the sprites are nice and clean. There is a bit of pixelisation but it's forgivable. The layout is fantastic, the menus are easy to navigate, registration takes seconds.
But it does not, in any way, feel like any of the pokemon games do.

There it is, critique, raw and harsh. Just remember, the harsher I am, the more pissed I am about that certain subject.
I wish to see more in this project.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
Alright, serious critique time.
First off, controls are not explained. I know that you have them in that little ? box up the top, but really, they should be said straight to the player, and not left for the player to discover him/herself
I tried walking into elm along with thousands of different keys before i realised that it was the space bar that was used to talk.
Movement is sluggish, I understand that your server might not be able to keep up, but seriously? Movement alone stopped me from visiting every ones house and talking to NPC's. Seriously, it's that much of a problem. I don't know if your planning to put a bike in this game, but let me tell you, don't even bother until you get the walking issue underway.
Thirdly: Music. I know that you put it in due to request, and that's a very good thing that you actually listen to requests, but jeez, if you're going to get a pathetic MIDI file, then don't even bother. Or if you are gonna do it anyway, at least have DIFFERENT MUSIC FOR DIFFERENT PLACES. Having the same music just gets annoying and is bound to raise blood pressure. At the very least, get a good MIDI. The battle music is terrible.
Next, difficulty. Whatever happened to starting out with 3000 pokedollars, like the normal games? And why do pokemon only drop 5-20 a peice when pokeballs themselves cost 100? This makes it too difficult to raise weaker pokemon who need potions more (if there are potion in this game). Another thing. Proffesor Elm just tells you to bugger off to Cherrygrove. Going there does nothing. You are assuming the player has played GSC before and knows they must visit Mr Pokemon's house.
:/

On the plus side, the sprites are nice and clean. There is a bit of pixelisation but it's forgivable. The layout is fantastic, the menus are easy to navigate, registration takes seconds.
But it does not, in any way, feel like any of the pokemon games do.

There it is, critique, raw and harsh. Just remember, the harsher I am, the more pissed I am about that certain subject.
I wish to see more in this project.
Controls -- Very true; but we'll do a more helpful menu explanation later; when we're out of beta.

Movement -- We're working on that, its top priority right now

Music -- Eeeh, that effort was half-***ed on the making; we mostly wanted to test if we could add music in via OpenAL :P

Starting out with 3000 PD is an oversight; we should correct that. Pokemon currently drop only 5 PD, which is really pathetic; we'll fix that. Going to Mr. Pokemon's house does nothing either; Elm should probably tell you something about beating gyms or something. Good to see external opinions though; they tell us things we may miss ourselves.

Lipton106

Proud member of Team Rocket
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 22, 2010
Whats up with all the Brazilians on Newmoon?

Anyway, the game is unplayable atm.. The movement is really bad accompanied by terrible lag (which i can understand), as mentioned above.. there is too much battle text as well.

With that put aside, its a great idea and it sounds promising, keep up with the good work with the Pokemon "MMO"=) I m sure you guys will work hard to get the game better.

I hope so=)

EDIT: It would be unfair of me to not mention the great things about the concept, so here we go.
The menus: Easy to understand, easy to navigate, just what i like to see.
Sprites: Very good looking and crisp clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back