• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon BlackDeep

Should I add a legendary Fakemon?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Hey, nice hack, I like it so far. I'm willing to help you with revamping sprites and making new trainers, pretty much all graphics is okay. I can't do everything (i.e. I have very limited experience in tiles) but I'm willing to take some of the graphics work off your back. I can beta test too, as that's always important.

Anyways, I have some suggestions.
Base the Starters around the desert.
Pokemon such as Cacnea and Trapinch make sense to me. You stated in the OP that it's a desert-like region, why not make sense flavour-wise?
Develop the story-line more.
I love that you have an original region and team, so you should develop a better storyline around them rather than they want to "control the region by capturing every Pokemon." Great hacks have always had great storylines behind them.
Make your Legend Fakemon theme-based.
In relevance to the poll you have up, I'm really hoping the Fakemon legend is very Desert-based and could know Sand Stream as an ability, tying in with Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, as I'm sure they'll be included in the hack.

Just some stuff I came up with, not saying you have to use it but it's all ideas I feel could make the hack way better.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Hey, nice hack, I like it so far. I'm willing to help you with revamping sprites and making new trainers, pretty much all graphics is okay. I can't do everything (i.e. I have very limited experience in tiles) but I'm willing to take some of the graphics work off your back. I can beta test too, as that's always important.

Anyways, I have some suggestions.
Pokemon such as Cacnea and Trapinch make sense to me. You stated in the OP that it's a desert-like region, why not make sense flavour-wise?
I love that you have an original region and team, so you should develop a better storyline around them rather than they want to "control the region by capturing every Pokemon." Great hacks have always had great storylines behind them.
In relevance to the poll you have up, I'm really hoping the Fakemon legend is very Desert-based and could know Sand Stream as an ability, tying in with Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, as I'm sure they'll be included in the hack.

Just some stuff I came up with, not saying you have to use it but it's all ideas I feel could make the hack way better.

Oh, wow, that's great! I didn't except for that massive help :D

Can I contact you with other way instead of PMs? :D

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
This looks awesome nice work man

What program do you use to revamp the music? just wondering because im learning how to insert music into games.

xGal

Mhm
Years
This looks awesome nice work man

What program do you use to revamp the music? just wondering because im learning how to insert music into games.

Oh, you are starting to hack music - good luck! For revamping, i mostly use Anvil Studio..Feel free to ask me any question you want!!!

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
I can't do anything after I get my running shoes and pokeballs...
The guy in the lighthouse doesn't respond and there isn't any rival battle.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Looks goo but you really need to fill in your maps some more. The tiles look pretty good though!

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Wwow amazing !! i have downloaded it and will play now for sure !!
Hey is there any walkthrough for dis ??

xGal

Mhm
Years
Wwow amazing !! i have downloaded it and will play now for sure !!
Hey is there any walkthrough for dis ??

I am going to make one when I will finish the region (maybe earlier, I don't know) but it still need some work on before I make a walkthrough.

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
Years
Hey galooloo
I hope you don't mind, but I made a patch for your game fixing a few glitches and that. There's something about the guy that gives you your starter that I couldn't fix. Instead of saying "Here's your POKEDEX!" he says "hh don't tell the police!". I tried fixing this but I couldn't, sories.

It took me HOURS to make, so a little look would be appreciated.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Hey galooloo
I hope you don't mind, but I made a patch for your game fixing a few glitches and that. There's something about the guy that gives you your starter that I couldn't fix. Instead of saying "Here's your POKEDEX!" he says "hh don't tell the police!". I tried fixing this but I couldn't, sories.

It took me HOURS to make, so a little look would be appreciated.

wow, man!!! thanks! I'm about to release beta 2 (i fixed few glitches)! give me the patch and i will replace it with the current patch and maybe you could help me a little on bug fixing in my next beta!!! Anyway, Send me the patch via PM please an i will add you to the team!!!

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
Years
IPS Patch, you can call it beta 1.1 ;)

Damn just realised I need to do the towns after Sandwhile port. I can't do them now, I'm exhausted. Tell me what you think of it up to that point though :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
Years

^This guy knows the deal.

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Nice hack dude ! Really looking forward to it !!! I hope that if you add the fakemon legendary it will be well designed ( Like the fakemons from ruby destiny life of guardians ) .Also some sprites ( like the Team rage grunt and your rival ) need to be worked a little bit more. Everything else is cool. keep it up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back