Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 1 Week Ago (6:10 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
    I am planning to do the Bug Catching Side Quest in my next post on Route 29 so I can get the fishing pole.

If I remember correctly, it is only called fishing pole. Will I get upgrades for the fishing pole from other missions in the future or an all in one fishing pole?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (6:45 PM).
    Simple Wanderer of the World... I come from the shadows.

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
      I am planning to do the Bug Catching Side Quest in my next post on Route 29 so I can get the fishing pole.

If I remember correctly, it is only called fishing pole. Will I get upgrades for the fishing pole from other missions in the future or an all in one fishing pole?
      For now, its just a simple fishing pole. Maybe in the future there will be better versions.

Questlog:

Tohru Ayano is under the way of doing the quest "A Cherry Walk"

Sora Asai has began the quest "Bug Hunting"

I support:

Pokemon Super Eevee Edition
      Pokemon Red Adventures
      Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Name: Nrop Rats
      Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Old 1 Week Ago (5:47 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Ech.
      Ech

Nature: Lax
        Everything I wrote here came straight out my butt.

CURRENTLY KNOWN OBJECTIVES
        Infiltrate U.L.T.R.A.
        Capture the ███████
        Find substance that produces dopamine
        Actually have fun
        AGE — 21
        GENDER — M
        SEXUALITY — Irrelevant.

Spoiler:
        Fart Wart // HAPPA
        Spoiler:
        Nature: Docile
        Growl
        Emanates a cooing sound. Rarely useful.
        |
        Absorb
        A move that allows the Pokémon to sap energy from biological lifeforms within its proximity

Vine Whip
        Sturdy vines sprout from its bud necklace. Capable of tethering onto objects; it enables the trainer to use the Pokémon as a grappling hook.
        |
        Heal Pulse
        Emits pink radiation that relaxes living organisms, though its effectiveness in medical treatment varies.
        A specimen "borrowed" from Professor Elm's faculty. This particular Pokémon showcases minimal brain activity; it strictly acts on stimulus and shows no signs of cognitive awareness. Its behavior could be compared to an animate variant of a "true" plant (e.g., actual grass).

Combat proves to be difficult but not impossible. The trainer is required to manually stimulate the Grass-Type—usually with artificial pheromones—for it to use any of its functions and defensive mechanisms; in essence, the utility of the Pokémon becomes something similar to conventional arms.

Note: this lack of intelligence is not innate for its species.

AAAAAAAAAA (Abba) // CHARIZARD
        Spoiler:
        Nature: Timid
        Flamethrower
        Primary attack, a stream of fire ignited from the mouth. Limited in versatility.
        |
        Dragon Rage
        A technical move that uses energy of Dragons. Effective against weaker foes.

Heat Wave
        A more liberal use of Flamethrower at the cost of lower accuracy.
        |
        Air Slash
        A swift shock wave produced by the flap of wings.
        Sabi's original starter was a Charmander born with a genetic disorder; its inability to fly due to its wings being underdeveloped. Its build is also comparatively smaller than most "adult" members of its species, resulting in weaker strength. And perhaps as a result of its poor performance, it developed an instinctive aversion for battle in contrast to the species' famed affinity for warfare.

Official records list Abba's name as AAAAAAAAAA due to a computer error during registration.

ANOMALY // CONFIDENTIAL
        Spoiler:
        Nature: Naive
        Splash
        This move destroys dimensions.
        | ---
        --- | ---
        A gaseous entity that produces anomalous energy; it is erroneously classified as a variant of the Gastly species. Many of its abilities are currently inert; an inhibition deliberately imposed by its current owner as a safety precaution. As a result, this entity is incapable of doing anything outside aimless wandering. In particular, it shows a propensity to escape containment.

Note: This creature's ID is labeled "Smart Fart".

Subject: Sabi Jun

Psychological Profile

----
        Sabi Jun is an individual driven by personal interest. In spite of this, he holds no value over his achievements or failures, and instead, favors progression for its own sake. He continues his interminable odyssey by filling it with a myriad of experiments that venture into the unknown, all without setting a goal for the long-term. His ambitions are seemingly fueled by curiosity; mere impulses to mitigate the boredom present in work. This aimless conduct Jun firmly adheres to precludes his sense of contentment, and consequently, he finds it difficult to express any empathy for people who find comfort in the mundane.
        ----
        Jun strives for optimization and he is quick to cut corners in order to minimize his own efforts. However, Jun also ensures success through any means and often resorts to extremes even when it is superfluous or even when it presents imminent danger. He disregards the ramifications of his actions, though he dislikes acting impetuous—albeit it is more a matter of predictability in his approach as opposed to a sincere consideration of ethics.
        ----
        Jun is prone to megalomaniac tendencies. Seldom does he not attempt to involve himself in everyone’s affairs—even when there is no benefit in it for him—while simultaneously denouncing abstractions such as love and friendship to demean others of their sentiments and efforts. However, he appears self-aware to an extent; he fully realizes many of his own flaws derive from his own inability to dedicate himself to any meaningful cause beyond his own desultory endeavors of senseless lust.
        ----
        His irreverence towards society is likely his way of challenging their ideals of personal happiness to deconstruct their inherent values. To mend the dissonance between the baseless purpose of perpetuating these values and the universe’s blatant indifference towards them, he frequents the same expeditions he openly mocks. His goal is to emulate the motivations of humanity, which—when stripped down to their underlying basis—appear just as fruitless to Jun as his own voyages into chaos.

End of log.
        [Redirect to ongoing investigation.]

Transcript

Chapter One: Resolution
        ----
        The oceans reflected the last remnants of the sun as it sank into the horizon. Bare feet stood on warm sand, and the comfort rescinded the seductive ebb and flow of the tides. Stained shoes were tossed aside. As the day gradually diminished, the void before him grew darker. And once everything faded to black, that would be the moment to enter. There was no dread notwithstanding the uncertainty, and in fact, there was a moment of exhilaration; this was a one-way venture into the unknown and an opportunity to explore something different.
        ----
        Before he could embark on his excursion, a grip bounded him in place. The flickering light emanated from the tip of an orange salamander wrapped in strips of gauze; an associate abandoned at the safety of a homestead. The dull expression it conveyed indicated its arrival here was not deliberate and was the result of aimless wandering. Nevertheless, the creature was present now and the light it provided made the void inaccessible, or at least unapproachable.
        ----
        "Why are you here?" the boy posed.
        ----
        Firmly clutched in the creature's tattered claws was a spherical object. It slogged towards its trainer—an organism it was familiar with—and placed the capsule container beside its trainer's feet. It gazed at its human acquaintance and displayed a longing for servitude; this behavior was not out of loyalty. Nothing else was to be expected from a specimen conditioned and molded to accept this master-and-pet dynamic from birth.
        There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.
        ----
        The pair sat down together, meditating. Recollecting. The young trainer observed the container that served to house a captive, and a brief moment, it felt as though there was modicum of empathy. The trainer came to a revelation that his inability to leave his own limitations and bounds was no different from his partner's confinement within some product of man. That pathetic form of irony brought some consolation for the constant losses, and it was enough to persuade the trainer to stray from his fateful path. In the end, there was nothing else to do but push forward.

Chapter Two: Bereavement
        ----
        Emptied bottles of bronze glass occupied a majority of the desk, leaving limited space. A picture frame was faced down, its imagery purposely hidden out of personal stress. Thoughts instinctively translated themselves into brief strokes of black ink on paper, gradually becoming a process of repetition and diminishing in purpose. Face descended and submerged in rumination, and everything else was absorbed into the dark; only the dim glow of fluorescent lights rippled throughout the empty room.
        ----
        This state of isolation developed into intoxicating trance, and it was one often visited to regain composure; the intent did not derive from for escapism as a recluse, but rather to embrace individualism. While the peace of solitude was calming with its ensured security, the loneliness that came with it was a feeling of unease.
        ----
        The silence within research facility was only disturbed by the clamorous whirs of decrepit machinery and the occasional creaks of a chair when it was leaned back. It was this unnatural silence that was the source of disquiet; an overwhelming force that could only be broken by something outside it, while everything within its bounds was essentially trapped. A colleague entered the provision to offer liberation from the feeling of such ennui, though at the cost of unwanted disruption.
        ----
        "Sabi? Why are you here?"
        ----
        The aide's attention was momentarily seized by a woman who wore her lab coat in a meticulous fashion, as though her obligation in presentation preceded the attire's functional purpose for safety procedure. He waved, inert in motion and simple in its gesture .
        ----
        "It's four in the morning, Sabi," she addressed whilst turning on the rest of the lights for the room, to which Sabi responded with a dismayed growl, "the lab isn't supposed to open up for another hour."
        ----
        "The old coot gave me the key since I'm supposed to lock up the lab for tonight. Said something about leaving to meet his grand-kid today—something about League business. Or he just wants to stay home and fart all day."
        ----
        "Oh, that's funny. I could have sworn I was given that task. Since you know, I was able to open the locked door. I'm here to get the lab ready for today." she approached the inebriated aide, his head buried into the desk with drool spilling over his own papers. "You didn't leave the lab, did you?"
        ----
        "Listen—I've almost completed my algorithms," his head abruptly rose, and with the sleeve of his coat, he clumsily wiped the strand of saliva dangling from his mouth. "I'm so close... If I can just prove that all Pokémon are comprised out of the same energy—if I can just find that link to decipher these anomalies—I'll be able to create an entire system that'll alter the genetics of any species. We can maximize efficiency, and replicate biological life; no more defects. Since the team discovered a couple of unidentified species westward, I've been thinking about continuing my research there." His voice trailed off into incomprehensible slurs.
        ----
        "Remember when you said you were on the brink of some breakthrough? That was two months ago. Besides, the professor already ruled out your work as pseudoscience; there's nothing to really support your research—"
        ----
        "Oh, enough with that squalor," he leaned back in his seat and exaggerated a groan, "the professor claims everything he didn't come up with himself as a pseudoscience; dogmatism is clearly his only way of defending his own flimsy theories against people who actually put effort into their work."
        ----
        "Look, that's not the poi—"
        ----
        "Seriously, who cares about some crazy eccentric has-been. Like what has he accomplished these past years? He invented some buggy device that generates inaccurate information at an inconsistent rate—let's give him a big fat Nobel prize for inspiring the youths to run off on monotonous journeys as they become his errand boys. He's so inept and irresponsible, he can't even remember basic things like his own grand-kid's name, or get someone's gender correct. How many times has he callously address you as a male?"
        ----
        "I am a male."
        ----
        "But this hormone therapy garbage clearly indicates you want to be addressed as the other; it's the assumption I find to be incorrect, not the technicalities."
        ----
        "You're clearly drunk. Possibly deprived of a lot of sleep, given those baggy eyes. So, you can denigrate the professor all you want," the colleague hesitated before continuing, "but you do realize that all you're doing is projecting, right? You do this all the time."
        ----
        "I ain't projecting—I'm not so deluded that I'm incapable of acknowledging my own flaws. I know I'm just some loon who's too stupid to stop running in circles, I know I've been gradually becoming more of a recluse—pushing family and friends away just for an improbable goal that I honestly only want to achieve simply because I can." The seat that supported Sabi's weight no longer provided any consolation, its cushion worn out over an extensive amount of time. He stood up, legs experiencing a rapid jolt followed by catharsis that dampened stance. "But maybe, you're right. I might just be projecting. This whole team will just spew out disincentives just to feel better about themselves."
        ----
        "How about you just take the day off—head back home, and get some rest."
        ----
        "Home's boring—nobody's there to ignore my childish antics; nobody to share hot gossip with; nobody for me to ignore when I come home four hours late. Nobody, there's just..."
        The aide collapsed; his hands instinctively reached out for the closest entity in his proximity, and his hands clung onto the drapes of the colleague's coat, dragging the both of them down until they were slumped onto cold vinyl.
        ----
        "What the hell!? Get off of me!"
        ----
        "You're probably thinking—pitying me even—that I'm suffering, and this is just my crazy way to cope with the loss."
        ----
        The duo remained dormant as a pair of hands reluctantly finding a place on Sabi's back; the intent was likely to hoist the sot off the floor rather than to strictly indulge in a moment of intimacy.
        ----
        "I don't feel anything... and it's alarming me." Mirth erupted from Sabi's now agape mouth; an unusual surge of euphoria overwhelmed his body as the aide came to a revelation. His colleague—understandably shaken from an erratic display of mood—awkwardly chortled alongside drunkard's abrupt guffawing. "No, seriously—I don't feel ANYTHING down there. Are you seriously a guy? For real?"
        ----
        "You slimy son of a—!" Face flushed with crimson, the assistant shoved his indecent coworker, causing the latter to plummet onto his back. "I don't exactly make my gender a secret!"
        ----
        "HORMONE THERAPY IS A PSEUDOSCIENCE."
        ----
        "Oh, my God. Shut up."
        ----
        Sabi laid about idle as he compulsively laughed while he observed the prim scientist regain his composure from the salacious stunt, and then proceeded off elsewhere inside the lab. Sabi eyes shut after being overburden with exhaustion, and he heard only the aloof echoes of light footsteps. "You know, I'm glad you're here right now," he murmured as his words began to slur, "I wanted to ask you something, since you're the only one I trust."
        ----
        "Uh-huh, you trust me so much that you don't even know my sex?"
        ----
        "Listen—I trust you, don't mean I know everything about you," he retorted, "but anyways, there's something I want to confess. So, hear me out..."

Chapter Three: Journey
        [The page is left blank.]

Rucklo - Drunk, AKA my Theme Song

これを翻訳しないでください

Old 1 Week Ago (6:19 PM).
        Emo or grunge?

Nature: Quirky
          Ech is officially The psyducking king.

Too bad this entire app is P S E U D O S C I E N T I F I C. Oak did nothing wrong!

Old 3 Days Ago (3:42 AM).
          Simple Wanderer of the World... I come from the shadows.

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ech View Post
            -snip-
            Okay, sorry for the late reply, i shall accept Sabi Jun.

I support:

Pokemon Super Eevee Edition
            Pokemon Red Adventures
            Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Name: Nrop Rats
            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links