Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:48 AM).
Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly

Finally have a new update since signing up in the new thread! I was working on my ghost challenge and skipped Platinum because I had just recently played through it, I'll go back to it eventually, so I decided to play White first and finished it just now. Don't have any screenshots or anything since I was playing on my actual cartridge. Going against normal types was a bit difficult since most of my mons only had ghost attacks for a good portion of the game, but that eventually changed and it was mostly smooth sailing from there.

Challenge:

Spoiler:
    Forum User Name: TheCrystalFlaaffy
    Game(s): Leaf Green | Soul Silver | Alpha Sapphire | Platinum (0/8) | White | | Sun (0/7)
    Pokémon Type: Ghost
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate
    Team

Amber the Cof4grigus
    Level 52 | Male | Jolly | Mummy
    Shadow Ball | Grass Knock | Will-O-Wisp | Hex

Henry VIII the Jellicent
    Level 52 | Male | Hasty | Water Absorb
    Surf | Shadow Ball | Ominous Wind | Absorb

Lumier the Chandelure
    Level 53 | Male | Lonely | Flame Body
    Shadow Ball | Flame Burst | Will-O-Wisp | Hex

Elric the Golurk
    Level 51 | Genderless | Gentle | Iron Fist
    Earthquake | Shadow Punch | Heavy Slam | Curse

Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | DeviantArt
    Let's Play: Pokemon Prism Nuzlocke Challenge | Latest Upload [8/18]
    Let's Play: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky | Latest Upload [8/14]
    Pokemon Showdown Live Sessions | Latest Upload [5/16]
    Solo Challenge Thread | My Challenges

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (9:25 PM).

Heart Gold is finished. Pearl is up next, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I just personally don't like the Sinnoh games.

Part 2
      Spoiler:

In the Rocket Base, I noticed Omen was just one level away from evolving. I focused on turning him into a Golem first, then I just tried to shuffle the party around to keep the lowest-level mons in front while we beat up on Rocket members. Most of the stuff in the base was no problem, since they were generally Poison or Normal type.

I knocked out the next three gyms pretty quick, but I still didn't have my Swinub. I had hoped to have it before the Radio Tower at least, but as far as I can tell, the Ice Path is inaccessible until after that event. I caught my Swinub and spent a while leveling it up, until I eventually had myself a Mamoswine. It was a lot of effort for that late stage of the game, but Mamoswine was helpful with the 8th gym and the Elite Four. I named him "Outlaw".

I actually managed to beat the Kimono Girls on my first try, but it took a lot of potions. My Quagsire did almost all of the work in these fights, since he could use Amnesia and soak the hits better than the rest of the team.

I had to grind for a little bit before taking on the Elite Four, but they're all fairly low-level the first time you fight them, so we only had to train for an hour or two. The biggest challenges of fighting them were figuring out who to lead with and when to use Omen's Explosion. I had to rematch Will several times before I eventually found success with the Quagsire + Amnesia strategy. Then, the next three matches were no problem. I had to restart the match with Lance several times before I found a strategy that could deal with his Gyarados, too. Eventually, I was able to get off an explosion with Omen and OHKO it. I had some good resistances to the rest of his team, so I was able to Hyper Potion spam through the hard-hitting moves and then pick off the weakened monsters.

It was a close race between Golem & Quagsire, but my Golem was the MVP for this run. It makes me kinda sad that I didn't have a way to get Golem in my GBA games. Maybe I should have just run with Graveler all the way to the end of those games. The Geodude line is extremely helpful. I'm definitely seeing why it's consistently ranked high in the in-game tier rankings.

Final Team:

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground 4/7
      LeafGreen/Sapphire/HeartGold/Pearl/White/X/Moon
      Shiny Living Dex: 6.7% DONE! (55 CAUGHT, 765 TO GO)
      Latest Catch

Old 1 Week Ago (9:12 PM).
      ☕ milk tea & 💻 code.

Just wondering if my Leaf Green is ever going to be ticked off? It was my first completion (on page one of this thread) prior to Heart Gold or Emerald (but those two have both been marked off).

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9565718&postcount=11

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
        sun diaryplatinum diary

Old 1 Week Ago (7:57 AM).

Sinnoh? More like Sooooooo Slooooooow.

Here's my first Pearl progress:

Part 1
          Spoiler:
          Pearl is off to a slow start. So far, I only have one gym badge. The first gym was Rock-Type, so it was no problem for my Turtwig & my Geodude. After Roark’s gym, I caught a Shellos and an Onix. I debated about whether it was worth it to farm for a Metal Coat again, and I decided it would be easier than farming Honey Trees. So I’m going to have Steelix on my final team, instead of Wormadam, which was my original plan. We’re currently knocking on the door of the Eterna Gym, but it’s Grass type, and most of my team is 2x or 4x weak to Grass. I may have to do some overlevelling before I can clear this one.

I’m giving my team cartoon-themed names. So far, I have a Grotle named Splinter, a Geodude named Rocko, a Shellos named Slurm, and an Onix named Max Steel.

Current Team:

Latest Catch

Old 1 Week Ago (8:04 PM).

The Arrow Quill Pokémon

• PokéCommunity Daily
          • Platinum Tier
          • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Modest
          ty for the changes to rules volga! nao i can does my ICE ICE BABY in sun ok time!
          Seriously though, not being stuck with a pure-normal and pure-Fighting Pokémon until Victory Road is going to be nice.

Forum User Name: Decidueye
          Game(s): Sun
          Pokémon Type: Ice
          Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

There are some things I do intend to do that should be allowed in the rules but I might not do in, say, a Grass mono. If anyone (read: Volga) has any objections to these, tell me now.
          - Hack in an Alolan Sandshrew after obtaining starter (Rule 5)
          - Trade Crabrawler and Eevee to Moon and evolve them at 30 (Rule 5 Update)
          - Catch a crap ton (I think 41) of off-type Pokémon as soon as I complete Kiawe's trial to unlock rank 2 Isle Alphun. This is to acquire a second Ice Stone. I'd prefer to hack it in once I get the first one in Po Town, but this will have to do.
          - Use a Delibird, albeit temporarily. Just thought I'd point this out.
          - While I'm hacking in my starter I'll likely put all the outfits on my game as well, specifically the Moon-exclusive ones. I need to match my type colour-wise in a mono-run.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten my Steel mono. I got to vilestone and am in the gym now. Figured moving one town wasn't enough to warrant an update. And my Nuzlocke on Sun just finished, I'll update that when I wake up.

DailyBattleTCG

Old 1 Week Ago (11:25 AM).

Username: Xander729
            Game: Alpha Sapphire
            Type: FAIRY
            Mode: Free, so I can use mega stones, but I'm limiting myself to 1, (I need Mega Altaria as a 4th member and it only becomes Fairy with mega evolution, I will only use it as a mega though, so I'm not breaking any rules

Completed Challenges

Fire Monotype - X
            Potterlocke - X
            Nidoking Solo- Red

Old 1 Week Ago (6:03 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by MachoPony.
            Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
              Be great if i could at least be added to the Ultimate Challengers list (Fire Red and Crystal are completed)

Pokemon Moon Firemono Update:
              Spoiler:

Went on further past seafolk villiage, defeated all the trainers, and the dancer with her 4 oricorio, my oricorio doing most of the work torkoal beating pompom. got over to hapu, went to exeggutor island and destroyed the exeggutor with torkoal, got the moon flute and went on to the canyon.
              VS Hapu
              Ground VS Fire was never going to be easy. i thought torkoal could take out Dugtrio but it outsped, sandstorm up, dodged flamethrower, hit earthquake, dodged flamethrower again, and finished with Earthquake. oricorio took a sucker punch crit and hit back with revelation dance, healed, took another sucker punch and revelation dance finished it. up next was Gastrodon, magmortar got sunny day up, took a muddy water, and OHKO with solarbeam. mudsdale took a solarbeam and finished me with Tectonic Rage, incineroar finished it with a darkest lariat, finally flygon took a darkest lariat and hit earth power, switched to oricorio and after some air slashes and a ton of chipping and parahax, flygon won. incineroar finished with darkest lariat.

went on through the canyon beating all the trainers, got to the totem.
              VS Totem Kommo-o
              protect, blocked hurricane, summon the middle form, hit clanging scales and autotomize, hurricane took about 2/3. clanging scales + work up finished oricorio. incineroar immediately died to a double sky uppercut cuz forgot dark type. leave it to marowak to take a clanging scales while the other one used work up and finish with brick break, work up and another brick break took about half, a 4th work up and another brick break finished it off.

Update: League Unleashed!
              Spoiler:

Went on to altar of the Moon, and to the Ultra Space, saw 2nd most badass cutscene in pokemon beaten only by giratina's appearance in platinum.
              VS Lusamine
              after a couple of nasty plots, sludge wave STILL didnt ohko clefable, thankfully it was using metronome and did barely any damage. 2nd one took it out. after a stall battle with milotic blocking 3 hydro pumps, dodging a 4th and tanking a 5th, torkoal couldnt do enough damage with solarbeam, it kept recovering. magmortar couldnt do it either barely outdamaging the recover with solarbeam. brought in incineroar cuz out of hydro pump to set up some bulk ups and finish with darkest lariat. oricorio took a baby doll eyes and missed hurricane, hit a 2nd attempt to OHKO bewear. last was lilligant and after a leech seed i went out with a bang OHKO with Malicious Moonsault.
              caught Lunala in a luxury ball. sent straight to box, had Nanu take me back to Ula Ula.
              VS Gladion
              Crobat hit acrobatics, got bulk up, cross poison, bulk up, cross poison crit, darkest Lariat OHKO. next came silvally which hit multi attack and took a solarbeam, then a 2nd round of that. went for it again thinking he would heal, nope went for an attack and quick claw triggered so torkoal outsped and solarbeam took it out. lucario hit magmortar with an aura sphere and died to flamethrower before oricorio took a night slash from weavile and OHKOd with revelation dance
              Went to the top, taught Marowak shadow bone and flare blitz, taught Incineroar flare Blitz
              VS Hau
              dumb dumb me led with Salazzle against alolan raichu, yeah out of there ASAP for incineroar, psychic did nothing. took a focus blast and OHKOd with darkest lariat. vaporeon hit baby doll eyes and got up sunny day with magmortar, took a hydro pump and hit solarbeam, another baby doll eyes and psychic to take it into solarbeam KO Range, took another hydro pump and solarbeam took it out. next was Komala and oh god, hit marowak with earthquake i didnt know it had, then took a brick break, got out of there for oricorio predicting another one, but nope shadow claw, dodged hurricane and hit another shadow claw, then KOd with a sucker punch i didnt know it had. torkoal took a crit EQ and hit flamethrower then died to a 2nd EQ, leave it to salazzle to finish with flamethrower, with the sun still up another flamethrower took out Decidueye

VS Hala
              first came hariyama, took a fake out, nasty plot and close combat followed, a sludge wave didnt quite finish it and i got close combatted to death, marowak got outsped and knock off'd but finished with shadow bone. next was poliwrath and after a fierce fight, a full restore and 4 solarbeams, poliwrath defeated torkoal, oricorio finished with revelation dance, next came primeape, hit outrage then died to hurricane. crabominable straight up died to hurricane, luck ran out with bewear, dodged hurricane and hit hammer arm for the KO, magmortar hit psychic, dodged a hammer arm and finished the fight with a 2nd psychic.

VS Olivia
              Easily the toughest battle of the whole run. relicanth is simple enough torkoal OHKOd with solarbeam, then came the big one, lycanroc. after protecting myself from continental crush i solarbeamed it for big damage and took a stone edge, a 2nd KOd me, incineroar took a stone edge and got bulk up, healed and another, healed and another, healed and this time a crunch!? out of stone edges! darkest lariat...wait how did i outspeed it? barely survived and counter. well fk, there goes incineroar. salazzle toxiced it and hit sludge wave, got a nasty plot up and took a rock climb then dodged one, flamethrower finished it. next came probopass, took flamethrower well and KOd with power gem, marowak almost KOd with brick break but not quite, got thunder waved. sandstorm followed by another brick break, then power gem and another brick break, power gem again and a final brick break finished probopass. carbink was next and after sunny day a solarbeam then flamethrower and solarbeam to avoid another full restore (takign two power gems in the process) finished it. lastly came golem, hit solarbeam and died to thunderpunch, foddered marowak reviving magmortar, got sunny day up, took a thunderpunch and triggered flame body before a final solarbeam ended it.

VS Acerola
              Clean sweep for Incineroar. tormented sableye as it used confuse ray (t1 was fake out) then took a shadow claw, got a bulk up, she had to confuse ray again cuz of torment and it didnt work obv, snapped out of initial confusion and OHKO with flare blitz, pallossand was next and not taking any chances Malicious Moonsauilt OHKO, dhelmise got outsped and OHKOd with flare blitz, froslass was a little annoying with confuse ray but after healing a darkest lariat finished it, healed on drifblim just in case, used amnesia. darkest lariat OHKOd took aftermath damage and done.

VS Kahlili
              Annoying but another incineroar sweep, skarmory hit slash, got bulk up, spikes, lariat, spikes, lariat KO. mandibuzz was next hit flare blitz, confused with flatter, hit flare blitz, brave bird took me almost down, full restored and flare blitz finished it. up next was toucannon and it screeched then flare blitz straight up OHKOd, oricorio hit teeter dance and died to darkest lariat, finally was crobat, got flinched by air slash, healed and took another one, got supersonicd (question WHY!? crobat learns confuse ray fairly early on as a golbat, why keep supersonic?) hit self, got air slashed, hit self, healed, air slash, supersonic, hit self, healed, air slash, supersonic miss, Malicious Moonsault OHKO.

VS Kukui
              A real battle for the ages this one. up first was lycanroc against torkoal, set up stealth rock and took a solarbeam, he healed it, another solarbeam, quick claw solarbeam finished it. snorlax vs incineroar, got a bulk up took a high horsepower and crit KO sadly, marowak took a good chunk with brick break then i got hit with high horsepower, revived incineroar as he switched for Primarina, decided to waste its Hydro Vortex on the low health marowak, torkoal came in but evne with sun up sparkling aria was an OHKO, salazzle outsped hit sludge wave but met the same fate, foddered magmortar to revive salazzle and finish with another sludge wave. snorlax came back in and so did incineroar tormented it right off and got bulk ups before healing, taking another high horsepower and finishing with darkest lariat, braviary came in and i was saving the Z move but i shouldve used it, went for darkest lariat instead and it barely survived and whirlwinded me out, he healed as torkoal took a chunk with flamethrower, got tailwind up and took another flamethrower a third flamethrower finished it (mustve gone for whirlwind) incineroar got taken to 9hp by magnezone and took it down to sturdy with flare blitz, RIP. he healed and salazzle took it down again, tailwind let it outspeed and KO salazzle, torkoal is my last poke tailwind dies i take a tbolt revivng Incineroar with my very last revive (Max thankfully) and get paralyzed, quick claw triggered and flamethrower took it out. ninetales alola was the final poke, took a blizzard, hit flamethrower, both healed, sun died out, hit body slam, took a blizzard, flamethrower almost took it out. took another blizzard, thought it was gonna die and incineroar would finish the job. but little Tortoise shines through with another quick claw proc and a final Flamethrower.

Don't think i'll go for the extra stuff seeing as how i didnt do it in my last playthrough which was a normal playthrough, so this would be my first time and i'd rather not try it with a challenge team.

so with that
              Pokemon Moon: Fire Monotype done!
              Games still to complete:
              Emerald
              Platinum (4/8)
              White (1/8)
              X

Final Team
              Spoiler:

Orchid LV 58 Incineroar
              Fire/Dark
              Incinium Z
              Flare Blitz
              Darkest Lariat
              Bulk Up
              Torment

Stylin LV 56 Salazzle
              Fire/Poison
              Black Sludge
              Sludge Wave
              Flamethrower
              Nasty Plot
              Toxic

Flambé LV 55 Magmortar
              Fire
              Charcoal
              Flamethrower
              Psychic
              Sunny Day
              Solarbeam

Volcana LV 56 Marowak Alola
              Ghost/Fire
              Firium Z
              Shadow Bone
              Brick Break
              Stomping Tantrum
              Flare Blitz

Tetsudo LV 56 Torkoal
              Fire
              Quick Claw
              Flamethrower
              Solarbeam
              Body Slam
              Protect

Don Flamenco LV 56 Oricorio-Baile
              Fire/Flying
              Sharp Beak
              Hurricane
              Revelation Dance
              Teeter Dance
              Roost

MVP: Incineroar
              Was there ever any doubt? i havent used the other 2 starters yet (probably will pick one of them in UM) but in my 2 playthroughs of moon so far Incineroar has been hands down the best poke, darkest lariat is too good, bulk up is a great move that it gets super early and it just all round never really showed any signs of being bad. flare blitz at the end helped a lot
              LVP:None
              i cant pick one, for once all of my pokemon were good at one point or another, Marowak i guess due to not having any good STAB moves for a long time but its variety and decent stats helped me edge out Olivia twice so even it was useful
              Unexpectedly Useful Move: Torment
              Preventing the same move being used twice in a row is incredibly helpful believe it or not, saved my ass against totem Wishiwashi and totem Mimikyu as well as helping against acerola and kukui in the league

Old 1 Week Ago (9:53 PM).

I played a little bit more Pearl Mono Ground this weekend, but I've also been playing Zelda:BOTW, Animal Crossing:NL, and Mario Kart 8D.

Part 2
                Spoiler:

I actually did farm some honey trees, and I managed to get a female Burmy. However, I looked at a list of the moves Wormadam could learn in 4th Gen and didn't see any decent Bug moves. So I boxed that Pokemon and moved on. I had to rematch Gardenia several times, but eventually we won. Grotle was the key to our success, just because he wasn't getting hit insanely hard by the Grass-type moves.

I caught a Wooper and named her Blue, but I can't remember if that was before or after the third gym. Anyway, gyms 3 - 6 were all kind of a blur. None of them were a major challenge. I was just super anxious because I wanted to get through all the story events and all the gyms to be able to finally get into Wayward Cave and get my Gible. I caught one today and named her Ripster, but I have to do a lot of training to get her up to the same level as the rest of the team.

So far, the team has been pretty well balanced, with Splinter taking a slight lead. I'm curious to see if Ripster will be able to catch up at this late stage of the game and earn more victory points than the rest of the team. She arrived late in the game, but I suspect she's going to be a powerhouse.

Current Team:

Latest Catch

Old 1 Week Ago (1:35 AM).

I signed up on the previous thread and left my run until yesterday when I finally completed it. Do I just have to sign up again and report my victory (with pictures) or should I just leave it and start a new run? If the former, here are the details first of all:

Forum User Name: Quizas
                  Pokémon Type: Normal
                  Challenge Mode: Single
                  Game(s): FireRed
                  Old 5 Days Ago (1:19 AM).

Don't know if this thread is still being monitored, but I'd love to give this a try!

Forum User Name: RayBeforeJay
                    Game(s): Pokemon Sun
                    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single. For now

Edit: Does anyone think I can catch a ghost type before gym 2? I'm not too far into Pokemon Sun
                    Old 5 Days Ago (6:47 AM).
                    The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by raybeforejay View Post
                      Don't know if this thread is still being monitored, but I'd love to give this a try!

Forum User Name: RayBeforeJay
                      Game(s): Pokemon Sun
                      Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single. For now

Edit: Does anyone think I can catch a ghost type before gym 2? I'm not too far into Pokemon Sun
                      It's still being monitored, I just update it very slowly. :p

And yes, you can get Gastly, Drifloon, and Misdreavus in Hau'oli Cemetary. As well as Litwick if you use Island Scan on Saturday, also in Hau'oli Cemetary.

Old 4 Days Ago (8:01 PM).

The Arrow Quill Pokémon

• PokéCommunity Daily
                      • Platinum Tier
                      • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Modest
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by raybeforejay View Post
                      In addition to what Volga said, Rowlet is also allowed to be used because it evolves into a spookyghost. Sun Ghost is something I might try, simply because you can have a 5-man party before the first gym, which is pretty insane. You do get stuck with the same team for a looooong time however, as after those five you don't get Cubone three trials later.

However, any different types of monos for me can come later. For now, ICE (and also steel)!

DeciduICE Sun - 2/11 Objectives
                      Spoiler:
                      - Picked Litten because I don't want Hau or Kukui to have it.
                      - Used PkHex to change Litten into Alolan Sandshrew, named Frostbite. IVs, Nature, Met Level/Location were copied directly from Litten. The only thing that was changed is that I made her a girl. Oh, and I gave her the moves Sandshrew would know at Lv5. Because I didn't want an Ember Snowshrew.
                      - Reminded Hau that Rowlet is 4x weak to Ice
                      - Reminded Hau that Rowlet is 4x weak to Ice AGAIN.
                      - Nothing eventful happened before the first trial.
                      - Frostbite soloed the first trial. This is good, because she is my only team member.
                      - Caught Food the Delibird after like half an hour searching. Z-PRESENT HYPE!!!?!?!!?!?!?!
                      - Reminded Hau that Rowlet is 4x weak to Ice YET AGAIN.
                      - Tried to fight Hala. Big mistake.
                      - Finally caught Mountain the Crabrawler
                      - Grinded. A lot.
                      - Beat up Hala using his own ace and santa penguin.
                      - Did one more lap of Melemele for good measure (and TMs), and then went to Akala.
                      - Beat up Dexio.
                      - Caught Diamond the Eevee
                      - Reminded Hau that Rowlet Dartrix is 4x weak to Ice (actually Diamond soloed this fight,
                      but repetition for effect is Good.

Team to come when I have more time

Oh, and my Pearl Monosteel beat Maylene. Icebreaker the Prinplup dealt with Meditite, Glassworm the Wormadam and Liberty the Bronzor beat up Machoke, and The Fort the Shieldon spammed Fire Blast on Lucario, because a shield usually can breathe fire. That's good.

DailyBattleTCG

Old 4 Days Ago (9:04 PM).

Pearl Monotype Ground challenge continues.

Part 3
                        Spoiler:

Pearl is taking me significantly longer than the other games. A consistent trend I've been running into is getting my sixth Pokemon around the 7th or 8th gym, and having to do lots of grinding to catch them up to the rest of the team. Gible may be a dragon, but she feels more like a dragon egg.

In the Galactic Base, Splinter evolved into Torterra & Ripster evolved into Gabite. The base went okay, and I had a surprisingly easy time in Candice's gym. But then I reached Mt Coronet and struggled for the better part of this week. My team was underlevelled, and I had major weaknesses against the Galactic Boss's team. To compound the problem, the highest-level grinding spots up to the Galactic/Palkia fight were full of stuff that could one-shot or two-shot my team members, which made grinding difficult. Eventually I bought a bunch of potions & revives and gave it another shot, after getting my party up around level 38-39. I finally won, mainly due to Steelix being able to tank some big hits.

Sunnyshore City was easy, but I still have a lot of levelling to do before challenging the Elite Four. I don't want to go into that fight without at least evolving Ripster into Garchomp.

I can't wait to finish up Sinnoh and move on to Unova.

Current Team:

Latest Catch

Old 2 Days Ago (9:45 PM).

I had to put in a lot of hours this weekend, but I was able to finish up Pokemon Pearl.

Part 4
                          Spoiler:
                          I wasted a lot of time grinding on victory road before I realized it would be better to go back to route 222, where I wouldn't be regularly OHKO'd. Here, I was able to get my Gabite to level 48 in order to evolve, and I got a few more levels for the rest of the team, as well. I went back to Victory Road, and I was able to struggle my way to the end. The final rival battle was easy enough. It was almost a straight sweep by Garchomp.

I always empty my bank account and buy a ton of healing items before challenging the Elite Four. For the most part, my team was able to get through the Elite Four with only two or three really tough parts. Vespiquen stomped us on our first attempt, because I let her Defense Order stack too high. Medicham was also tricky, since nothing on my team had a resistance against him. Lucario was also an absolute terror, and I had to heal spam until he ran out of moves and struggled himself to death.

My Garchomp became very powerful near the end, but my Torterra proved to be the MVP.

I'm hoping to fire up White and start exploring Unova tomorrow.

Final Team:

Latest Catch

Old 2 Days Ago (2:33 AM).
                          Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
                            Pokemon Platinum: Fire Monotype
                            Spoiler:

So it turns out i was wrong, i had 5 gyms done in plat, i wish i could remember how tf i beat Wake though i think sunny day and solarbeam on ponyta and houndoom mightve had something to do with it.
                            Went on and beat the galactic grunt, on up past the cafe through the foggy route clearing trainers, up to celestic town. Houndoom smashed the grunt easily
                            VS Cyrus
                            Houndoom beat Sneasel with a sunny day + fire fang, switched in rapidash for a fire blast against murkrow for an OHKO. last was golbat and after exchanging poison fangs and bites, a quick attack from flareon finished it off.
                            got surf, went back to floaroma town and up to the Fuego Ironworks. caught KFC the Magmar. went through the ironworks for shards and flamethrower TM, taught flamethrower to Infernape. dug underground for one more blue shard. went back to the route west of pastoria and traded 2 red and 6 blue shards to teach infernape thunderpunch.
                            went to canalave.
                            VS Barry
                            Flamethrower, double team, Flamethrower infernape takes out staraptor. next came empoleon which ate a Close Combat OHKO, switched magmar in against heracross, and promptly died to a brick break brought in rapidash and KOd with fire blast. flareon took out ponyta after a couple of Bites and a quick attack, lastly infernape OHKOd roserade with a flamethrower
                            Went on to iron island, got Strength, went in and stopped after beating a couple of trainers.

Current Team
                            Spoiler:

Hothead (Infernape) LV40
                            Flamethrower
                            Close Combat
                            Shadow Claw
                            Thunderpunch

Rawr(Flareon) LV37
                            Strength
                            Quick Attack
                            Bite
                            Fire Spin

Twilight(Rapidash) LV40
                            Fire Blast
                            Stomp
                            Sunny Day
                            Solarbeam

Blaze(Houndoom) LV34
                            Fire Fang
                            Sunny Day
                            Bite
                            Solarbeam

KFC(Magmar) LV32
                            Fire Punch
                            Confuse Ray
                            Fire Spin
                            Sunny Day

Old 2 Days Ago (3:44 AM).
                            Lonely Trainer

Nature: Lonely
                              Forum User Name: KNS27
                              Game(s):Platinum
                              Pokémon Type: Fighting
                              Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single for this time

#TeamTrivia
                              Pokemon Shuffle Friend Code : 5NY4-K3H3

Old 1 Day Ago (1:05 PM).

I started up my White monotype run yesterday. When I was mapping out the locations of my team members, I was sad to realize that Landorus is only available in post-game. I guess I’m gonna have an HM buddy throughout this run, since there are only five other fully-evolved Ground-types. My naming scheme for this run will be Super Mario characters/enemies.

Part 1

Spoiler:
                                I chose Oshawott for my starter, since it can learn most of the HMs in the game. I picked up Pansear ASAP and tried to get through the early part of the game as quickly as possible. I had to use these guys for the first gym, and I didn’t get my first real team member until I made it to Wellspring Cave. Before facing Lenora, I was able to pick up a Drilbur (named Monty, even though it’s female) and a Tympole (named Wart).

Wart stomped N outside of the Nacrene City gym, but that gave me false confidence. Lenora’s Pokemon hit hard with Retaliate, but Wart & Monty were able to share the burden and win this fight, thanks in big part to Wart’s Confuse Ray.

We had to tread slowly through Pinwheel Forest. The Team Plasma members don’t have a lot of Pokemon per trainer, but my team was still small and squishy. I’m happy that White has lots of little areas to rest up between Pokemon Centers, and I’m having to make frequent use of these healers.

I caught a Sandile and named it Crawful, and I trained the whole team up to about level 24. I cleaned out all the story events and the trainers in the Castelia City gym, but I can’t beat Burgh yet. His Leavanny is ferocious, and I think I need to train up the team to about level 29 before we take him on again.

Current Team:

Latest Catch

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links