• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Yes...once I get a game, that's it. Anime air weekly and it can drag out for weeks!

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I find that anime I marathon with leaves me with less of an impression compared to if I watched every episode weekly, Only exception would if the series has a really good overall plot.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I find that anime I marathon with leaves me with less of an impression compared to if I watched every episode weekly, Only exception would if the series has a really good overall plot.

I feel the same way, especially when there are dozens of mediocre-"good" anime out there that don't seem that amazing when you marathon it in one sitting (or... more than one haha)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
*mostly caught up to all the currently airing anime, and the K-On!! rewatch on Reddit; pretty much only leaves an episode of Ballroom and 3 of Centaur*

*is now also rewatching Dragon Maid... using subs in Bahasa Malaysia... cause it's there and I could, why not? I could then follow up with Chinese and maybe even Japanese if I really wanted to (though I'll be using alternative means for the last one.*

pkmin3033

Is anything currently airing actually worth watching or keeping an eye on? I've not watched a new anime since...Dragon Maid, I think. It's all been terribly boring and I can't find any old shows that keep my attention for longer than an episode.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Is anything currently airing actually worth watching or keeping an eye on? I've not watched a new anime since...Dragon Maid, I think. It's all been terribly boring and I can't find any old shows that keep my attention for longer than an episode.

Well, right now, the "chill" show of the season seems to be Restaurant to Another World (Isekai Shokudou).

I get a lot of kick off Aho-Girl (though A-kun's comedic violence on Yoshiko can be grating; as is Yoshiko's perma-screaming.); Tsuredure Children (can be spelled as Tsuredzure or Tsurezure) is also a pretty good watch if you want your romances to be no-nonsense.

Note: Aho-Girl and Tsuredure Children are half-length. I tend to watch both in a row to make a single half-hour block, anyway; IIRC most TV networks in Japan and Aniplus just put them in the same half-hour block.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Eh, I generally like A-kun's emphasis on equal violence. It's not that he just hit's Yoshiko, he hits everyone, she generally just gets on his nerves the most. He's the Kazuma in my life when the world isn't wonderful enough.

But yeah, Aho Girl's my favorite non-sequel show of the season. The comedy's surprisingly funny and it's generally pretty subver- wait. No, no it plays everything straight, it just takes it to eleven. In fact, I think a lot of the kick I get out of the show is that it's definitely smart enough to take the high road and not make the obvious anime joke in a given situation, but it's more how it portrays these situations and their results that often makes them hilarious.

Haven't watched much else. In Another World with my Smartphone seems hilariously trashy and bad so I might continue with that, though. And maybe Princess Principal. Maybe. Probably not that one.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I remember reading the first Another World with my Smartphone volume and almost had to puke. It's really as generic as it can be, it doesn't even try to avoid it lol
I will watch it anyways, I kinda like seeing adaptations of stuff I've read, regardless quality.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I remember reading the first Another World with my Smartphone volume and almost had to puke. It's really as generic as it can be, it doesn't even try to avoid it lol
I will watch it anyways, I kinda like seeing adaptations of stuff I've read, regardless quality.
Studios kinda caught on that being shameless about your content and being overly excessive or ridiculous prints money.

Kinda takes the meta-centric nature of Light Novel writing that's been pretty common since...Haruhi (or Monogatari, take your pick) and turns it up to the point where the novelty doesn't really have any substance.

Years
There are a substantial amount of people into LNs, anime, and manga that basically just want more of the same, and of those who don't, there's plenty who are just getting into anime and the like for the first time who will find it new and fresh.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Of this season, I like Tsurezure Children and have been kinda enjoying Hajimete no Gal but its a harem which I'm meh about. Gamers! and Kakeguri are on my list but haven't started. I don't think anything from this season is going to enter my favorites however.

string555

Banned
Years
I haven't even heard of half of the anime that people talk about in this thread... :(

Oh well. :D

After deciding to watch SAO for the second time, I started watching the SAO abridged parody. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. XD

Also, I watched the Death Note movie, without ever seeing the anime. Regardless of the poor reviews, I enjoyed it. The strange part is that my dad randomly picked it out from Netflix, not knowing what it was. We both enjoyed it enough that I actually got him to start watching the actual anime with me. It's definitely better than the movie, but I enjoyed both, regardless of what anyone says... :P

Years
I haven't even heard of half of the anime that people talk about in this thread... :(

Oh well. :D

After deciding to watch SAO for the second time, I started watching the SAO abridged parody. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. XD

Also, I watched the Death Note movie, without ever seeing the anime. Regardless of the poor reviews, I enjoyed it. The strange part is that my dad randomly picked it out from Netflix, not knowing what it was. We both enjoyed it enough that I actually got him to start watching the actual anime with me. It's definitely better than the movie, but I enjoyed both, regardless of what anyone says... :P

Might mean it's time to give some of them a try!

Wait, what episode are they up to now? Did they release episode 11 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back