• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm not too awesome with debuggers... I've got no$gba debug mode, but where would I put that breakpoint? Where in the RAM is the currently executing script held? It's these kind of questions that leave me kinda blank...

Here are the special tables:
Code:
Fire Red:	15fd60
Emerald:	1dba64
Ruby:		14b194

glitchyred21

Wants a Hug- And Your Soul
Years
Hello.
I am trying to make a Pokemon GlitchyRed hack (y'know, the creepypasta) and am having a few problems. It may be important to note I am using a mac and opening all my stuff with Winebottler.

1. When I create a custom event, the Open Script button is completely grayed out and I can't edit the event.
2. When I open unLZ-gba and put my ROM into it, it always looks weird and glitchy. See the attachment for a screenshot.

How can I fix these problems?

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
OK. So I am getting quite aggravated with Emerald. Countless times when I compile my scripts, then test them, they work fine of course, until the end it nearly everytime does this annoying glitch and says "Trainer Registered in the PokeNav!" or plays Battle Frontier music, and then the game freezes. what the hell is this caused by...? It's not my flags im using, or vars, I've tried countless different ones and still no luck? it seems to be just on level scripts majorly, but also occurs after applymovements too.

I'm deeply frustrated with this. DEEPLY

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hello.
I am trying to make a Pokemon GlitchyRed hack (y'know, the creepypasta) and am having a few problems. It may be important to note I am using a mac and opening all my stuff with Winebottler.

1. When I create a custom event, the Open Script button is completely grayed out and I can't edit the event.
2. When I open unLZ-gba and put my ROM into it, it always looks weird and glitchy. See the attachment for a screenshot.

How can I fix these problems?
I don't understand your first question. Care to clarify? For the second question that's not a glitch. unLZ-gba opens the images in the game you have to search for the particular one you want.

glitchyred21

Years
I don't understand your first question. Care to clarify? For the second question that's not a glitch. unLZ-gba opens the images in the game you have to search for the particular one you want.
Let's say I want to warp to the top of Mt. Ember from Victory Road (I accidentally deleted all the events on this map, so I need to make a new one). I set the amount of warps I need, click create events, and the warp appears. When I select said warp, I cannot open the script. AdvanceMap will not let me select the option.
And what do you mean by "unLZ-gba opens the images in the game"? Can you clarify, please?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Pokemon music: Modulation?

Okay, something that's been bugging me for a while is modulation in music. This bugs me because when you listen to music in Black and White, the instruments sound very amazing because they have modulation modifications (no pun intended). However, if you export the MIDI files from VGMTrans, the modulation won't be kept because VGMTrans doesn't work with modulation. Even if you play a song in VGMTrans, like the rare wild pokemon battle, it'll have the organ play without the shifting pitch we hear in the game.

Now, apparently some people know how to do this, but won't tell. One is the infamous utuber6061, who posted a video recently, which was a hybrid mix of the RSE wild battle music and the BW Rare wild battle music.

But here's the thing: when he imported it originally into the game, it sounded like this (go to 2:03):

As you can tell, the difference is quite noticeable, and usually preferable with the modulation.

Now my question is, does anyone know how to "emulate" the DS modulation settings in a music/sound player? If we can do this, then DS music editing can be greatly improved, because doing so will let musicians hear what their final product will sound like without trial-and-erroring in a hex editor.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
That's no help to me, I mean it is, but I want to know how to find everything myself, I just have no idea how to do so...

1. Take the number of the special you want to disassemble and multiply it by four
2. Add that number to one of the addresses provided in that table
3. Go to the newly-offset address in a hex editor and write down the address there
3. Disassemble the routine at that address (the one you wrote down) in VBA's Disassembler or in VBA-SDL-H with 'dt ADDRESS'

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
1. Take the number of the special you want to disassemble and multiply it by four
2. Add that number to one of the addresses provided in that table
3. Go to the newly-offset address in a hex editor and write down the address there
3. Disassemble the routine at that address (the one you wrote down) in VBA's Disassembler or in VBA-SDL-H with 'dt ADDRESS'

I mean finding the table itself.
I don't mean to be a bother, I'm just trying to learn this.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
OK. So I am getting quite aggravated with Emerald. Countless times when I compile my scripts, then test them, they work fine of course, until the end it nearly everytime does this annoying glitch and says "Trainer Registered in the PokeNav!" or plays Battle Frontier music, and then the game freezes. what the hell is this caused by...? It's not my flags im using, or vars, I've tried countless different ones and still no luck? it seems to be just on level scripts majorly, but also occurs after applymovements too.

I'm deeply frustrated with this. DEEPLY

I really need some help here so I can continue scripting lol, so any would be much appreciated.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
hi.....i'm new to pokecommunity.... i'm trying to hack GBA roms.... like Leafgreen and ruby... but.... i've made ....a few changes like new pokemons...additions in maps etc..... with a variety of tools i found... but.... i don't know how to change previous pokemon name...to a new one.... for my new sprite..... any suggestions of programs that can change names of pokemons in-battle or in-pokedex or... both? ..... GBA roms only :) thanx in advance
Use YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Okay, something that's been bugging me for a while is modulation in music. (...) If we can do this, then DS music editing can be greatly improved, because doing so will let musicians hear what their final product will sound like without trial-and-erroring in a hex editor.
Just go to that site:
h t t p : / / w w w . g a m e s e n t r y x . n e t / s h o w t h r e a d . p h p ? t = 1 2 2 & p a g e = 1 (remove spaces cause I have only 8 posts...)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone know if there is a more efficient way of ripping tiles from a GBC rom than using VBA? IF someone could help me by giving a quick description or anything it owuld be greatly appreciated.
Try using a 1st gen map editor like PokeMap, or a 2nd gen map editor like Gold Map (depending on the game you want to rip the tiles from). I've never tried it myself, but I think it would be much more easier and efficient than ripping tiles using VBA.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years

Try using a 1st gen map editor like PokeMap, or a 2nd gen map editor like Gold Map (depending on the game you want to rip the tiles from). I've never tried it myself, but I think it would be much more easier and efficient than ripping tiles using VBA.

I'm actually trying to rip them from a game other than pokemon, so I'm not sure those programs would work. Is there a program that can dump the graphics in a readable format, similar to something like Tahaxan?

Years
Let's say I want to warp to the top of Mt. Ember from Victory Road (I accidentally deleted all the events on this map, so I need to make a new one). I set the amount of warps I need, click create events, and the warp appears. When I select said warp, I cannot open the script. AdvanceMap will not let me select the option.

Warps don't use scripts. Just adjust the things that say "To warp no.", "Map bank" and "Map" to select the map you want to warp to.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm actually trying to rip them from a game other than pokemon, so I'm not sure those programs would work. Is there a program that can dump the graphics in a readable format, similar to something like Tahaxan?

Well the graphics wont be in a READABLE format, but you can rip images that aren't compressed directly from just about any ROM with Tile Molester.

glitchyred21

Years
It means that picture you've shown us is not glitchy at all xD
You must move to over 600 number to be able to see "normal" picture such as pokemon sprites =)
Warps don't use scripts. Just adjust the things that say "To warp no.", "Map bank" and "Map" to select the map you want to warp to.
Thanks for the help, Ash493 and Swellow rules!

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
so, im trying to have two different grass patches in my hack of fire red, one normal (green) and the other snowy (white, of course). i was able to use APE to change the animation's palette to the one my tiles use, and i used a HEX editor to unlock the tall grass animation for the snowy grass. however, i have no idea how to work tile molester, and i cant seem to follow any of the tutorials ive found. i just need to change the tall grass animation tiles to the new snowy ones. could someone explain how to do it for someone who's never used tile molester? also, will it be possible for the two grass patches to have two seperate palettes, or at least be colored how i need them without messing any other tiles up? if so, awesome! if not, ill be sad :(

thanks in advance for the help

(btw, is it ironic that i can work a hex editor but not tile molester?)

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
I'm planning to do a hack for Pokemon Gold, but the mechanics I'm asking about hacking are in all pokemon games. I'm wondering if it would be a possible to;

A) Make the game reset on Blacking/Whiting Out (preferably after the message).

B) Make the Daycare Centre be able to take many unneeded pokemon from the player, but not store them in memory, so they can't retrieved later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back