• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
CONGRATZ!!!!! Rapid Whalelord on your shiny shinx!!!! definitely a shiny I want to find.

Anyways so today I spent approximately 5 hours doing SR at my Dialga I`m currently at 467 (yeah i`m awsome like that and keep a tally) So you see all day I had this feeling reset number 421 would be the one...and it started to get close and I getting more and more excited and then FINALLY 421 arrives and I walk up to the Dialga thinking this one is it!!! I close my eyes and when I open them what do I see....a normal Dialga staring back at me -_- So I think to myself well thats okay I have horrible luck anyways and keep on going. But soon I begin to get frustrated...thankfully I had to go to work and that gave me a much needed break and now I'm ready to get back at it!! I'm just starting to get nervous that I'll get into this reseting groove and accidentally reset it when the shiny finally shows up! oh my that would be terrible!! Oh well it has to actually show up for that to happen!

PS: sorry about my posts being so very long and making you read tons!! I just get all excited and can't help it ><

Don't worry, I hold the record here for long, long drawn out posts. Yours are perfect.

So far so good in my chaining, I haven't failed yet. I've been playing Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting instead......... ugh, lol. Man. I like it because it's faster but it's like... ultra hard now, I still have like 8 people left before the end. Ken just totally reaps me, I'm trying to figure out how to outsmart him but that doesn't mean I'll win! XD

otherwise, I'm feeling VERY lucky right now.

SHORYUKEN!!

edit: Oh, yeah, shinyhunter011......... I've been there many, many, many times. Hang in there!

HADOUKEN!

.Vaporeon

eshkient
Years
Hey,
what do you guys think of a shiny lv 100 metagross with 300 atk?
Do you think it is Ev trained?
I got it a while ago.
Why am i not on the list?
Ive been on there for ages and now im not.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Hey,
what do you guys think of a shiny lv 100 metagross with 300 atk?
Do you think it is Ev trained?
I got it a while ago.
Why am i not on the list?
Ive been on there for ages and now im not.

I can't answer your question about the member thing, but I will tell you that my Metagross has a lot more attack than that but it's not got a +Attack nature either.

edit:

I looked up some stuff, here's the stats of an Adamant Metagross with a 31 IV in everything with no EVs:

HP: 301 (31/0)
Atk: 336 (31/0)
Def: 296 (31/0)
Sp.Atk: 203 (31/0)
Sp.Def: 216 (31/0)
Spd: 176 (31/0)

Maybe you can base it off of that to see where your Metagross stands?

Can has rest of the stats, nature, pl0x?

To see if it's been EV trained (which I doubt it) go to the woman in Sunyshore's Seal Shop (just north of the Pokemon Center) and let her check the Metagross (have it in the first slot of your party).

Even if she says it's not, you can't Re-EV train it anyway. =/ Otherwise I would mine and make mine an AgilityGross. It works fine however as a MixGross.

EDIT 3:05 PM EST:

I just got a Shiny Misdreavus at just a chain of 24. It reminds me of when I was first chaining way back when on Diamond....

I should be happy, but I'm not. A feeling looms like I'm gonna accidentally break it, and that'll leave me with just one (it's Lonely nature too, bah) and I'll have to start over again.
Not only that, but it took me FOREVER to catch the durn thing!!!
It took like 6 minutes! wtf! What's the catch rate on these things?? False Swipe doesn't work so I'm just using sleep moves but now I'm thinking about awakening the one I just caught so I can use Astonish on the next ones to weaken them a bit. I doubt it'd kill them even if it's super-effective.

And to beat it all this little punk used Spite to reduce Hypnosis by 4. >_> I got an ether or two to use if I run out... little bugger....

I'll probably have the video up later. Right now I just need to chill for about 10 minutes..

I still have 15 Misdreavus to go til 40. Then I'll be happy. I didn't expect this, and quite frankly, I wish this was a Shiny Gligar instead...

At least I have something to look forward to, lol.

(edit lol)
Well a picture never hurts.
DSC03143.jpg

edit:
Chain broke at 32. I never should've taken it.

I got pissed and starting running XD My heart's still racing. When I got back I burned that Wurmple good. I can't reset or I'll lose the one I have. I guess I can go regroup and come back with something to weaken those Misdreavus at least to make them easier to capture.
*whew*

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
It is possible to EV train level 100s on Diamond and Pearl. After you reset their EVs, EV-train them like normal. When you are done, deposit them, then withdraw them again. Their stats will be as if you EV-trained them.

And congratulations on the shiny Misdreavus, DDD. Too bad it's nature is less than desireable.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Dose anyone want to have a SRing race? Gives me something to do when Im bored. Plus never Sr a shiny before :P

I'm at 874.....maybe you can catch up!! Although I'm starting to think it's a lost cause and I should throw my game out the window and scream for wasting 2 whole days! but then again...my shiny could be right around the corner.

CONGRATZ!!!!! DDD on the new shiny!! (I'm totally jealous!!)

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
I'm at 874.....maybe you can catch up!! Although I'm starting to think it's a lost cause and I should throw my game out the window and scream for wasting 2 whole days! but then again...my shiny could be right around the corner.

CONGRATZ!!!!! DDD on the new shiny!! (I'm totally jealous!!)

Ok Im going to be SRing Kubto XD. Good Luck, hope you dont get mad if I happen to get it before you:shocked:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Ok Im going to be SRing Kubto XD. Good Luck, hope you dont get mad if I happen to get it before you:shocked:

Alright your on!!! Good Luck too you aswell. lol I won't get mad if you get yours first...knowing my luck you probably will get your shiny before I get my shiny dialga -_-

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Alright your on!!! Good Luck too you aswell. lol I won't get mad if you get yours first...knowing my luck you probably will get your shiny before I get my shiny dialga -_-

I have horrible luck to lol so dont count youself out just yet. Besides Ive only done only 6 Sr =0 because if I find adament kabuto i check to see its ivs to see if its good :P

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
Years
Well.. it might just be the AR because i took it in then took it out and i was still able to do all the cheats and stuff so im pretty much screwed.. i may as well start a new game.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
lol.... AR?
I guess you saved while the codes were on, but I wouldn't have been messing with that thing anyway.

XD Why didn't you give yourself a Master Ball to catch it with? Or at least tried to see if they would flee or not...

=/

Anyway...

Misdreavus video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw659y36bIo

Trying hard to get to 40 and get more now. It'd be so awesome to have one for my team, or at least in my total roster of Pokemon.
There's another reason why I want to hurry....

I want to try to get a shiny Buneary again... I tried before, but EVERY TIME I'd get to 20, the chain would break.
This time, a girl I know asked me for one, so I said yes..... I'd love to get one for her.... if you know what I mean. :)
I wanted one too, they remind me of this candy-like stuff I saw when I was a little kid (REAL little), and I love what Lopunny can be used for.

Good luck everyone, and I love this "SR contest" between the above people. Reminds me of the old days.
Kinda like when I was going for Totodile. I SR'd for almost a whole week and then someone said they were going to and I about went nuts.. XD I got it when that said week finished. It was cool.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use it.. which is why it's still unevolved but i wanted to get all of my 3rd gen shiny Pokemon onto my Diamond so I wouldn't have to fear the internal battery dying and losing them all.

Good luck to you two, I can't wait to see how that one plays out, and good luck to everyone! Remember, SMILES GO FOR MILES!!

Last edited:
Years
It is possible to EV train level 100s on Diamond and Pearl. After you reset their EVs, EV-train them like normal. When you are done, deposit them, then withdraw them again. Their stats will be as if you EV-trained them.
Srsly? They brought back R/G/B/Y/G/S/C-style Lv100 EVing? How have I not heard anything about this anywhere else before? One of my biggest pet peeves with the third-gen was how they took that out despite nothing in the new EV system forbidding it. Now I can re-EV all of my old shinies! ^o^

Currently trying for Shiny Dialga, No luck so far I feel like im cursed. i found one then it fled and i was ready to explode!
The Dialga is a very timid and elusive species. They are known to distort time to facilitate their escape should they sense the presence of an outsider.

Also hacking for shinies is disallowed, even if done indirectly, such as enhancing the encounter rate of or creating a new encounter method for the desired Pokémon.

If this is the way you play your games, then this is not the club for you.

and I love what Lopunny can be used for.
ROFL so do I! :D

...or were you thinking of something else? ;)

At Victory Road in Pearl. Proceeding to PM VenomX at SPPF for friend code information.

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years

And congratulations on the shiny Misdreavus, DDD. Too bad it's nature is less than desireable.

Whaaaaaaaat!?!?! Thank goodness!!
I trained a Luxray to Lvl 100 once and I used an Attack reducing EV berry thinking it would only take out 10 EVs when it reduced them to 100. ;_;
*Bows before you*

So I'll take a small break from Eevee breeding and go to Lake Valor and beat up some blowfishes and gold fishes. :P Hopefully I'll get a Shiny Gyara or something of the sort! ^_^
*Picks up EV training kit and goes out into the wild*
RAWR, THE RED FISH THING WILL BE MINE!!!
*Puts Eye Of The Tiger playing*

@DDD'SSCEPTILE: Congrats on the Misdreavus! I prefer normal purple myself, I feel it looks like a dusty ghost thing with the yellow, but it's nonetheless a Shiny. ^.^

@Tabatha: Keep going, the Shiny will pop up sooner or later! :D

~*Runasutaru*~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I'm playing through LG and hoping for shinies there, I may try to breed for something in Pearl

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Originally Posted By MetalMario
Srsly? They brought back R/G/B/Y/G/S/C-style Lv100 EVing? How have I not heard anything about this anywhere else before? One of my biggest pet peeves with the third-gen was how they took that out despite nothing in the new EV system forbidding it. Now I can re-EV all of my old shinies! ^o^

>>@Brawl: Are you sure about the EV training thing? Not only have I tested it (It didn't work), but this guy also says it doesn't work...I really thought it was gonna work. :(<<

Originally Posted By iownyourgrass from Gamespot forums:
That is incorrect because putting a Pokemon in a box, called the Box Trick, recalculates the stats of a Pokemon. However, the only way to gain EVs is by gaining experience points, which is obviously impossible at level 100.

I'd link the forum, but I can't do it since it's against the rules. It should show up in a Google search pretty fast, however.

In any case, I'll just resume my Eevee egg hatching then and I'll be around here, refreshing the page. ;D

~*Runasutaru*~

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
Years
It's not how i play my games! My friend put it in without asking, and when it was time for him to leave he saved then took it out. I was going to like.. break the game but didn't. Don't worry, I started over (not like im going to play it anyway) O.O;

Back