• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Journey to PC

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Some of us had some interesting things happen before getting to pc. What is your story for discovering pc and what is your reason for staying?

Last edited:
Years
literally found pc via a google search. that's my journey here.

at least, that's the tl;dr of it.

but i mean, it doesn't really get any more interesting. at first, i was on a dragon ball forum, got bored of it, and wanted to find a pokemon forum to talk to people about pokemon about. i googled "pokemon forums", found pc, and the rest is history.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
pretty sure i just searched pokemon forums on google and found this. not very interesting lol. i was an on and off activity member for years though until suddenly i discovered this forum again like 2yrs ago i think and started posting more.

FlameChrome

Years
pretty sure i just searched pokemon forums on google and found this. not very interesting lol. i was an on and off activity member for years though until suddenly i discovered this forum again like 2yrs ago i think and started posting more.

And to stay to show of #PMA

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I first found this forum in 2004.

....And I don't remember how xD But I do remember it used to have a cool Latios and Latias skin^^

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I came to download the most recent version of Shiny Gold because the Spanish hack forum I used to go to was one version too outdated.

Everything went downhill after that.

Years
Well, since i was tired of using youtube too often and i abandoned google+ and facebook completely, when i was watching pok?mon youtube videos, i saw some meet & greet post by an old user that i can't remember right now, then i created my first account here, i started in commenting on the "Replay Value" topic in the previous generation forum when i didn't beat the r/b/y story yet, then for some reason i couldn't log into it again, and created this second account, i welcomed everyone in meet & greet and i stayed here since april of this year (cause i created my first account in march of this year too), boom, this is how i got to know PC.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I had a pretty terrible thing happen to me before coming here, that literally only one person knows, and I'm not about to share it publicly.

But, let's just say it was because of that that I came in the first place, so lemons into lemonade, I say.

FlameChrome

Years
I had a pretty terrible thing happen to me before coming here, that literally only one person knows, and I'm not about to share it publicly.

But, let's just say it was because of that that I came in the first place, so lemons into lemonade, I say.

I was banned on another forum :laugh-squinted: so might not be as bad as what happened to you but I mean, i never would have discovered discord also along with a person i love there. So Things can happen from bad things.

Years
can't remember much since i joined in october 2006, but i knew i was interested in fan games, especially shiny gold, brown, and prism. those games gave me such good memories =) but i barely posted and ended up returning actively in 2011 since i was having a not-so-great experience on another Pok?mon forum i used to moderate.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was interested in Shiny Gold like a lot of other people haha.

Happy I stuck around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have no idea how but I found the forums called Pok?monElite2000 and from there found my way to Pok?Community which looked much cooler and had much more fun sections so I ditched PE2K for PC. That was 10 years ago and I never looked back :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My mom died years ago and i was desperate to pull myself out of that spiraling hole of grief and attempt to reconnect with something that genuinely made me happy. Pokemon was just that thing! Before this, I had never been a part of an online "forum", so the entire experience was completely new to me. Without registering to any other Pokemon forums first, I stumbled into PC and the rest is history. I've been here ever since and thanks to the love and support of this forum I've been able to reconcile my feelings over the death of my mother. <3

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I have no idea how but I found the forums called Pok?monElite2000 and from there found my way to Pok?Community which looked much cooler and had much more fun sections so I ditched PE2K for PC. That was 10 years ago and I never looked back :D
Did you happen to find PE2K while it was a "community site" (I believe that's the proper term) on PC? The reason I'm asking because, for me at least, PE2K was a different place before than after its relationship with PC.

Which presents quite the segway toward my "journey" toward PC. Just like you, I 'found' PC via PE2K's temporary merger with PC. I won't get too much into that here, since I could go on in a rant here---which could go beyond the scope of this conversation.

FlameChrome

Years
My mom died years ago and i was desperate to pull myself out of that spiraling hole of grief and attempt to reconnect with something that genuinely made me happy. Pokemon was just that thing! Before this, I had never been a part of an online "forum", so the entire experience was completely new to me. Without registering to any other Pokemon forums first, I stumbled into PC and the rest is history. I've been here ever since and thanks to the love and support of this forum I've been able to reconcile my feelings over the death of my mother. <3

Glad you could move on and join this community

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't exactly remember. I joined originally when I was like 10 with a different account in order to trade. I was super embarrassing and can't even look back on my old posts anymore without cringing lol (I think I was able to link this account to this one through some major digging when I was a mod so the connection's still out there... mods pls don't leak it's my dark past @_@)

This was back when RNG wasn't super widely done yet, so IVs/natures didn't really matter to the masses and shininess was what people really wanted. I remember the first thing I ever traded was a clone of my Ranger Manaphy, but I don't exactly remember what I traded it for haha. I was around for a while and slowly IVs became more important (Elhero if you're still around you were my 10 yr old self's trading idol lol) but I think I stopped coming around on that account before Gen 5 was announced.

I came back on this account when I wanted to join another Pokemon forum, and I guess this one was always at the back of my head. I originally went on the battle server, talked for Ho-Oh for like five hours, then kept coming back.

Last edited:
Back