• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Thanks,. I have never heard of "repoint" before but I'll give it a go once I find some info on it.

I'm using 'Cry Pointer Repinter' to point zapdos's cry towards missingno but nothing happens, missingno still has unown's cry. I don't even know if I'm doing this right. What I do:

Type in 145, zapdos's ID. Get pointer. Jot down pointer. Type in 252, missingno's ID (because it's in one of the empty slots after celebi). Put zapdos's pointer in there. Click repoint. Close program, re-open to check it stayed there. It did. Test game, find wild missingno, makes unown's cry.

Is this re-pointing or have I just got no clue what I'm doing? The tutorials could be in French and I couldn't have understood it any less. And I don't know any French.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
A pointer is 4bytes in memory that "points" to another location it needs the data of. To her a pointer just reverse an address. 0856A3DA = DA A3 56 08 Repointing just means to replace the old pointer with a new one that points to what you want.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Thanks, but I don't really understand what you just said (sorry I'm trying). I edited my previous post to include what I did and how I did it (it didn't work), I don't know if I'm doing it correctly.

So, do you think I should reverse the pointer thingy on the tool? I'll give it a try. EDIT: Didn't work.

Also, what do you mean to "her" a pointer? I know it was just a typing error but I don't know what the word was supposed to be therefore I don't know what the sentence means.

link12552

decade club
Years
I have the latest version, and my list of plugins is blank.
Where can I download the Pokemon sprite plugin? I can't find it on google. ;3;

That's strange...
Make sure you're extracting the entire NSE download.
and that after you do there are some files in the "plugins" folder.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is that you might not have the latest .net framework installed...

Anyways here's the Pokemon plugin, extract it and put it in the "plugins" folder.

Make sure you have at-least .net 3.5 installed

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
That's strange...
Make sure you're extracting the entire NSE download.
and that after you do there are some files in the "plugins" folder.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is that you might not have the latest .net framework installed...

Anyways here's the Pokemon plugin, extract it and put it in the "plugins" folder.

Make sure you have at-least .net 3.5 installed

Ah, got it! Thank-You!

Yeah, I don't think I extracted anything when I first downloaded NSE. c:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Pokedex

is there a way to edit pokedex entries or everything in the last tab of YAPE?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
How do I make a level script on the map map as another level script, but I want it to happen later in the game after exiting a certain house?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
How do I make a level script on the map map as another level script, but I want it to happen later in the game after exiting a certain house?
I think a checkflag/comparevariable should handle that if you make something that sets the variable/flag right after the last event before the one you need the script for.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Let me try rephrasing my question.

I have tried to use Cry Pointer Repointer to give my fakemon zapdos's cry. However, when I 'get' zapdos's 'pointer' and copy it and then insert it into the fakemon's 'pointer box' and then click 'repoint', then test the game, the fakemon still has unown's cry.

How do I get this to work?

Years
Does anyone know how to add support for Ruby/Sapphire Pinball to Sappy 2005? I've had a look around the sappy.xml file but don't know how to add games to it.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Hey, I recently got told by someone that when inserting new tiles I should use the first tile set and first palette to avoid messing up the map.
But the first palette has no brown colors at all, and my tiles are only brown. Why are there brown caves in the first tile set then? When I download this tile set, the caves aren't even there.

Years
Probably HackMew's eXtreme Script Editor, or XSE. It has a comprehensive tutorial included and it's a very user-friendly interface. I personally find it very nice to use. :D

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How can i reverse a song from a game using Sappy?
I want some custom crazy songs, but i have no idea how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Help with scripting/timetravel

Hey guys I am working on a mod and hit a break wall. Unfortunatly my pokemon that knows brickbrack is ko'ed so maybe you can help. I am working on a game that uses a lot of timetravel and as things are done in the past they change the future, However that is where I have problems. In one area a few rocks need to be destroyed in the past so that when you return to the present you can enter a building. However I don't even know how to start. Any help would be great :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
How can I know how much free space should I leave for a script
in other words, how many bytes will I need for some specific scripts (like trainerbattle's and wildpokemon's, just for an example)

another one: is it possible to change the OW of a character during a script? how?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
How can I know how much free space should I leave for a script
in other words, how many bytes will I need for some specific scripts (like trainerbattle's and wildpokemon's, just for an example)

another one: is it possible to change the OW of a character during a script? how?

Scripts do not take much space at all.
Each command, takes 1 byte, each paramater after that command, like;
nop
takes one byte
message @bytebytebytebyte byte
takes 6 bytes
1 for the command,
4 for the message pointer
and 1 for the message type

You can count them up as they go, just remember these simple script space counting rules.

Coimmands and single parameters are 1 byte
variables are 2 bytes
pointers & offsets are 4 bytes.

one more example

callasm 0x800001
5 bytes

And yes, you can change the players sprite, without ASM too, but it isn't permanant, you need ASM to make it permanant.

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
everytime I make a script with XSE and I compile it then try it out on VBA it won't work. The sprite would just do the script but doesn't talk. ......help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back