• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've just been getting into creating maps but whenever I do an "inside" map the background is a bright purple instead of the black tiles that I've selected and I'm not sure what exactly is wrong or if its a common error.

That usually happens when you use the first tile in the tileset rather than the second blank one. Remember, the first tile in a tileset is an undefined tile which is unusable. So always use the tiles that aren't the first one, remember that. ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Alright :/ I just thought it might be simpler than ASM routines because I was sure there were scripts used in the games that give pokemon the 'seen' flag, so I thought the 'captured' flag wouldn't be far off...

It was just a curiosity on my part; I just changed a little part of my hack so I wouldn't have to do 'voodoo magic' with ASM stuff to do something so trivial.
Heck, I completely read your script in a wrong way...
I thought you wanted to make an item ball and if picked, it would display the pokedex entry of the pokemon received by talking to that item ball.

But to answer to your question, no, no such thing can be achieve just with one scripting command but somebody should know the ram address where the "captured" data of each pokemon is stored for pokedex. You'd have to locate the ram address used for this pokemon, and set its bit accordingly from 0 to 1. This is best done with assembly, but it's one of the easiest things that can be achieved with it. The only problem is, is there documentation about the ram addresses used for "capture data" of pokedex?

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
That usually happens when you use the first tile in the tileset rather than the second blank one. Remember, the first tile in a tileset is an undefined tile which is unusable. So always use the tiles that aren't the first one, remember that. ;)

Worked! Thank you sir, now to continue on with more things ^_^

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
Hey guys I was wondering how to change the probability of running into a shiny pokemon for the G/S/C generation through a hex editor!

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Hi there, I am currently making a ROM with my friend. But for some problem, when I open Advanced text, it gives me this run time 13 error. It says settings.ini is missing. I'm not sure what to do, can someone help me?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Cut for brevity

Cut for brevity

Actually, this is one of those rare occasions where you don't need to actually KNOW where the memory is, nor how it is manipulated, as you could modify the existing special to set a species as caught with relatively minimal fuss.

As you may/may not know, it uses a variable to define which species to add as seen to the Dex. It wouldn't be hard to make it use the Most Significant Bit as a "Seen/Caught mode" bit (eg, you want to set Chikorita to seen, you would set it to 0x0098, if you wanted to set Chikorita to caught, you would set it to 0x8098).

It would still require ASM, but at least you don't need to know how to manipulate the seen/caught flags, huh?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hi there, I am currently making a ROM with my friend. But for some problem, when I open Advanced text, it gives me this run time 13 error. It says settings.ini is missing. I'm not sure what to do, can someone help me?

Ah! I see your problem, it's because you've either haven't extracted all the files from the .zip file or you have deleted the settings.ini. Remove the Advanced Text folder and re-extract the files from the Advanced Text .zip file.

That should fix your problem, but if it continues to occur... then you probably haven't got the .NET Framework 4 installed, which you can indeed download directly from Microsoft. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Whenever I edit a trainer using PET, the battle theme is that of the Champion, anyone know why this is happening?
Not that it affects anything much, I'm just sick of Wallace popping up whenever I battle a custom trainer.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Whenever I edit a trainer using PET, the battle theme is that of the Champion, anyone know why this is happening?
Not that it affects anything much, I'm just sick of Wallace popping up whenever I battle a custom trainer.

I'm sure there is an easy fix for that... But I'm just going to say: Use A-Trainer. It's far less buggy and is a LOT easier to use. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Does anyone have an ash trainer sprite/ashe overworld sprites I can use?
I need them for my ROM and I can't find them anywhere and I am absolutly terrible at making sprites! (No joke, I am so bad I debated making all the characters stick figures)

Last edited:

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone have an ashe trainer sprite/ashe overworld sprites I can use?
I need them for my ROM and I can't find them anywhere and I am absolutly terrible at making sprites! (No joke, I am so bad I debated making all the characters stick figures)

I seriously just typed "Ash sprites and overworlds" on Google Images and came up with over fifty public sprites that look nice.

There are Ash overworld sprites on WAH's page somewhere too, if you want to look around there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
I've never hacked a ROM before.

I'm thinking of hacking my girlfriends flora sky ROM for our anniversary to leave a nice little love message. Something like having a pokemon trainer called 'Puddingfork' that tells her he loves her.

Would this mess up her save? Would it be hard for me to do? Should I just take the easy route and and make the pokemon names spell something out?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Is it possible to create a trainer from scratch without editing another one?

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Is it possible to create a trainer from scratch without editing another one?

You mean a new Trainer Sprite or a new Trainer Data?

For the sprite yup you can definitely do that but it will require Hex Editing and would get complicated. As for a new Trainer Data you can expand it using A-Trainer but it might cause problems in battling.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Eh... I've been thinking of practicing hacking Emerald in my (unfortunately infinitesimal) free time, but I can't seem to save the maps I edit. Help?

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I've never hacked a ROM before.

I'm thinking of hacking my girlfriends flora sky ROM for our anniversary to leave a nice little love message. Something like having a pokemon trainer called 'Puddingfork' that tells her he loves her.

Would this mess up her save? Would it be hard for me to do? Should I just take the easy route and and make the pokemon names spell something out?

This wouldn't be hard to do and I believe that it would do nothing to her save. All you have to do is find the trainer you want to edit on A-Map, then find their script offset, open that offset in XSE, edit what you want to edit, then recompile it and your done.

Eh... I've been thinking of practicing hacking Emerald in my (unfortunately infinitesimal) free time, but I can't seem to save the maps I edit. Help?

Are you clicking the file>save button? If so, a little bit more info would help, like if your getting error messages or something. In A-Map everytime you switch your map it asks if you would like to save.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Something just screwed up. I have to have a tileset swap between a town and a route, only to have some glitch effects happen when I try to travel to said route (can't post pic because I don't have 15 posts :s):

Problems:
Random invisible walls I didn't make
Houses from the swapped tileset turns glitchy
Some textures vanish
Game freeze

Am I right about why it's been caused? I like the house as it is normally and don't want to change it unless I have to.
edit- It's not to do with seeing tiles change. I expanded the map so you couldn't see anything change ahd trees shift position when you go into the route then back out. The connections are lined up so what's going wrong? o_O

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
This wouldn't be hard to do and I believe that it would do nothing to her save. All you have to do is find the trainer you want to edit on A-Map, then find their script offset, open that offset in XSE, edit what you want to edit, then recompile it and your done.

Are you clicking the file>save button? If so, a little bit more info would help, like if your getting error messages or something. In A-Map everytime you switch your map it asks if you would like to save.

I try saving, but it does not work. Every time I try to switch maps the program asks me if I want to save or not. If I click yes, nothing happens and I will not switch maps.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I try saving, but it does not work. Every time I try to switch maps the program asks me if I want to save or not. If I click yes, nothing happens and I will not switch maps.

Then you should try deleting your A-Map and reinstall it. Btw, what version of A-Map are you using? I highly recommend using 1.92, since 1.95 is still buggy and tends to do stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back