• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Magma or Aqua/Kyogre or Groudon?

Years
As the title suggests, this is about R/S/E GBA games. Anyway... Which team are you on? Magma/Groudon or Aqua/Kyogre? My favorite R/S/E is Rayquaza, but there's no team for that legendary. I'd have to be on Magma. They're so cool! And have a good 'mascot'!
Also...
I want to make this clear. M/A aren't evil, they just have different opinions. It's the religions of the Gen III PkMn games.

And...
If you'd please, state your favorite leaders of the teams. The bosses, Maxie and Archie, or the Admins, Tabithia and Shelly?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I've always liked Kyogre/Aqua better just because I owned Sapphire. That's pretty much my only reason, so I guess it's just nostalgia.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aquaaaaa. Always Aqua. I'm a water person. I grew up boating and fishing and being out on the water. I tend to favour water Pokémon. And their uniforms are the best things. Comfy and practical. :D

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
@Anna: That actually might be another reason why I like Aqua...I noticed this a while back...anytime I start a new Pokemon game I almost always go for the water started first...no idea why. When I replay the games I have to tell myself to try out a new starter. XD

Years
Even though I played Ruby first, I like Team Aqua and Kyogre better as I'm a water person.

I just love Water-types better.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Well, in Hoenn I think there is an ok amount of water (but lots of people think there is too much). Like 50/50. But in water it is harder to avoid Pokemon battles in the wild if you don't have a repel and you go slower because you don't have a bike. So I would be ok with having more land. And also my first game was Sapphire so I beat Team Aqua so they're evil imo! Rawr :3 .

And between Groudon and Kyogre I don't like one above the other because my moveset for Kyogre is usually Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder, Hydro Pump which can kill Groudon no problem and for Groudon Solarbeam, Thunder, Flamethrower, Fissure/Earthquake. They can both be super effective against each other so they can fight evenly. But having said that Kyogre is more special attack where as Groudon is more Physical. So Kyogre's attacks would do more. But still if it's between the two Kyogre, if it's just personal preferance both :)

Years
Oh ... too hard ....
About teams ...I like more Team magma because .... they looks cool :D
But about Groudon/ Kyogre I´ll choose Kyogre.
So .... I like both of them and I can´t choose only one :D

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I prefer Groudon, but I like Team Aqua and Archie better. Maxie's voice in the anime was horrible, and I always love water types and fire types are eh.

Turbo_Dee

DisrespectDead
Years
As the title suggests, this is about R/S/E GBA games. Anyway... Which team are you on? Magma/Groudon or Aqua/Kyogre? My favorite R/S/E is Rayquaza, but there's no team for that legendary. I'd have to be on Magma. They're so cool! And have a good 'mascot'!
Also...
I want to make this clear. M/A aren't evil, they just have different opinions. It's the religions of the Gen III PkMn games.

And...
If you'd please, state your favorite leaders of the teams. The bosses, Maxie and Archie, or the Admins, Tabithia and Shelly?

Hold on a second. They aren't evil? I would say attempting to awaken destructive pokemon for the desire to expand land/sea is possibly one of the most selfish and evil things imaginable. Think of the devastation if either of those things happened. Not to mention they brainwash people into thinking like them and try to use force to get what they want. Although that last point is a common theme of all the criminal teams in the games.

As for the actual question. I prefer Team Magma purely because I much prefer fire/ground pokemon over water, despite their obvious frailties. I also felt that Team Magma's story with Mt. Ember, etc was more exciting.

Not to mention that humans kind of need land to, you know, live on. No point raising the sea levels if you'll end up drowning your granny.

Years
I prefer Magma and Groudon. I just like the design of the Magma characters more than the Aqua characters except for Archie, I like his design better than Maxie's. I also think that Groudon is cooler than Kyogre, and the whole Magma/cave scene appealed to me more than the underwater and water stuff with Aqua. Just always seemed cooler to me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I had Sapphire, so I saw Team Aqua and Archie first. Than when I got Emerald, I saw both teams. I was surprised to see Archie/Team Aqua take the more friendly side (though still bad), as opposed to Maxie/Team Magma who just didn't seem friendly at all. So Archie/Aqua takes it here, most likely because he was the main bad guy I saw first, but I loved how he had changed slightly in Emerald (I didn't have Ruby, so I never saw him trying to stop Maxie/Magma as the good guy).

The themes when talking to a Magma/Aqua member before battle. I just always liked Aqua's theme better, possibly because I'm more use to it. But Magma's, I dunno. Just didn't get the same feel for it, or like it that much.

Clothing. Archie's clothing over Maxie's. The bandanna really suits Archie's clothes.
I can't say the same for Aqua's design though. I just don't like the pirate look they don, even if it suits the water thing they've got going. But I lovvve Magma's clothing. The hoodie is just epic!

I do like Kyogre, but there's just something about Groudon's design I just love.

Overall, I like Team Aqua/Archie over Team Magma/Maxie. But there are some qualities of Maxie/Magma I prefer over Archie/Aqua.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like Team Magma's Design.
But I love Kryogre.

What do.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021

I like team Magma and Groudon the best I like the clothesthat team Magma wares there clothes have always look interesting to me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
I prefer team Magma of Aqua, 'cause I'm a fire person; favourite type overall is fire, and I have this tendency to score fire types on PMD games when I answer honestly. Plus, their uniforms have a cooler design, I reckon. Maxie vs Archie, I'd say Archie. I like his character design better, burly bearded pirate guy? Yes please. :D

As for Groudon vs Kyogre, that's a tough choice, honestly. I love the rain, rain is awesome, yet I'm inclined towards fire-associated things like Groudon. Kyogre is far better competitively, but they both have cool designs, and Groudon is red. . . I think I'll go with Groudon, though, since it just seems a lot more epic than Kyogre. And that's my only reason, really. Not really a good reason, huh? Ah well!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Aqua fangirl all the way. I had Sapphire and just like Kyogre more than Groudon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Kyogre is the best legend EVER.
And i don't know much about aqua or magma but i love water pokemon more so aqua.

Back