• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping there's more apart from the five speculated starters. Perhaps eevee will be one too as too of it's evolutions were with Axew and co. in the announcement.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
What really disappointed me here was the fact that Pikachu could be the only starter Pokemon playable, with the Unova starters and Axew as partners.

Just like I said above, it would be just unfair, and what I assumed when I first read it was that you get to choose or take a quiz for one of those five, exact words from Serebii are: "Possible Pokémon are Pikachu, Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig."

If I had a choice between all 4 available partners, I'd choose Oshawott or Axew, the former for having a varied level up movepool and the latter for the early Dragon Rage.

I agree with you. I personally love Axew because he's cute and Haxorus looks awesome. Oshawott definitely comes second for me.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm hoping there's more apart from the five speculated starters. Perhaps eevee will be one too as too of it's evolutions were with Axew and co. in the announcement.

I agree, I doubt that they'd have Espeon and Umbreon there randomly, however that could be the case and they could just be having Pikachu as your main Pokemon and an Unova starter as your partner.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They also wouldn't have been evolved if it was a starter choice seeing as you can't evolve until after you've beaten the game in all the others. Espeon and Umbreon are probably some core characters to the story or some NPCs.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I've been waiting so long for a 3DS Pokemon game and for a new mystery dungeon. I wish the wii version for the old mystery dungeon was out in English...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Changed thread title so that people will know exactly what it is, now that it's been confirmed. If you'd like a better name though (I didn't wanna alter your title TOO much lol), then just VM me! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
This game looks FREAKIN' adorable. I've always loved the Mystery Dungeon game sso much, and seeing one that actually looks decent in 3D (unlike their Wii version) is exciting. The Pokemon look adorable, the town is cute as peaches, and I'm just really excited. <3
I love the that you can scan items to unlock new dungeons, too! Almost reminds me of an old toy that you could scan barcodes in the grocery store with and battle monsters from them. xD

blue

gucci
Years
I was hoping the MD series hadn't hit a dead end since we had no news for a couple of years but this is great! A game worth getting for the 3DS for sure.

droomph

weeb
Years
HOLY MOTHER OF FARTS I WANT THIS SO BADLY.

IF THEY BEAT PMD2 IN EMOTIONAL I AM GOING TO CRY THIS TIME.

I DON'T THINK MY LITTLE SOCIALLY AWKWARD HEART CAN HANDLE SO MUCH EMOTION

So yeah, this is probably the one reason I'll get a 3DS. :DDDDDDDD

EDIT: OMG YES. 3D POKÉMON. NO MORE CRAPPY SPRITES. I'M PUTTING THIS ON MY THINGS TO BUY LIST FO SHO

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Finally!!! a Gen5 PMD game!

Oh! Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,... haha xD

Man, from all these years it's finally here!

Just a letdown that you'll only get to pick Pikachu as a starter... :(
But, still it's kind of a challenge like what the creators did with Yellow, I think this will go with a BOOM! xD

This is now a another reason for me to get a 3DS! :)

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Finally!!! a Gen5 PMD game!

Oh! Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,Gimme,... haha xD

Man, from all these years it's finally here!

Just a letdown that you'll only get to pick Pikachu as a starter... :(
But, still it's kind of a challenge like what the creators did with Yellow, I think this will go with a BOOM! xD

This is now a another reason for me to get a 3DS! :)

I'm really excited about this too, but I'm pretty sure it will let you pick from those five, it says on Serebii that possible Pokemon are those five, and the pre-release pics from the site also has a picture titled "Awaking as Axew".
So, I'm guessing we'll pick from those five.

I'm going to be extremely excited when this comes out.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Awesome we dont have to be pikachu apparently. I'd say more but i already said everything i had to say in my last post :D

blue

gucci
Years
Yay, a trailer and it's pretty early too. I'll be honest I wasn't sure I'd like Mystery Dungeon in 3D but after watching the trailer I really can't wait!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Yes there is the fact of being the 1st Pokemon Game to be on the 3DS, which makes it awesome. But seriously, why do we have such a limited choice of partners and have to be Pikachu?

Come on, it should be like EoT where you had a quiz to discover your place as a Pokemon and there were huge choices for partners.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes there is the fact of being the 1st Pokemon Game to be on the 3DS, which makes it awesome. But seriously, why do we have such a limited choice of partners and have to be Pikachu?

Come on, it should be like EoT where you had a quiz to discover your place as a Pokemon and there were huge choices for partners.

This is the second Pokemon game for the 3DS. The first was Rumble Blast.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Yay, a trailer and it's pretty early too. I'll be honest I wasn't sure I'd like Mystery Dungeon in 3D but after watching the trailer I really can't wait!

Me too. When they were first revealed I wasn't sure about it being in 3D but the trailer has changed my mind.

I'm so excited omg. ;w;

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
As if there would only be 5 starters. They've had 16 starters in every game and since this time we're only getting 1 single game, they wont have to go through the trouble of making models for 2 games.

They're most likely going to have Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, and Pikachu. Meowth has always been a starter, Axew is already confirmed, and probably some Hoenn or Sinnoh Pkmn to fill the last slot.

I'm excited for this game and I can't wait to add it to my 3ds library.

Back