• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uber team rate & help

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
Alright, I'll preface this with why I'm posting and post information along with my team's information, why I choose certain moves and pokemon. At the end I'll add some notes as to ideas that are already floating around in my head.

Why I'm posting - I enjoy pokemon battling to a great extent, especially with friends(We generally play using battle simulators). I always like to improve my team to fit most situations, although I tend to do poorly against good players. Hopefully you all can help straighten my team out.

I've used this team for a little while, but I'm not familiar enough with competitive battling, tiers, and everything to make a completely competent team. Technically it's an OU with one uber. Although I play both OU&Uber players.

Team
Lead
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 252HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
- Rock slide - I came up against a lot of lead charizards and didn't want to swap out early so I adapted rock slide to counter some leads.
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash - Contemplating removing this for Bullet punch, this way I can swap him back in as a revenge killer later on, with his high attack and a priority move he should suffice.
- Stealth rock - My favourite opening move, has done wonders in almost every situation.

Special sweeper
Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: SAtk 252 / Speed 252 / 4 Special Defense
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thundrebolt
- Recover

Healer/Wall
Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: HP 252 / Defense 252 / Special Defense 4
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Wish - I don't actually get to use wish often, when I do my pokemon I'm attempting to heal usually gets one hit. So I may swap this move out.
- Toxic

Physical Wall
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
Calm Nature (+Sdef, -Atk)
EVs: HP 252 / Defense 80 / Special Defense 176
- Ice Beam
- Pain Split - Dusclops would be a goner if it weren't for pain split, whenever I wall with him he has to thoroughly abuse this ability.
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Sweeper/Special setup
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
EVs: HP 180 / Atk 252 / Speed 76
- Crunch
- Stone edge
- Superpower
- Fire punch

Ace in the hole/Final sweeper
Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil (Tyranitar's main reason for his place on this team, aside from the fact that sand stream makes everyone angry ^^)
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Satk)
Evs: HP 4 / Speed 252 / Atk 252
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire blast

Things I'm contemplating/would like insight on
  • Swapping meteor mash for bullet punch on metagross. This way I could swap him back in later as a revenge killer.
  • Changing Garchomp's item to a choice scarf. If I do this, then he'll outspeed most of the expected enemies. It would also make him a formidable revenge killer for whomever slays tyranitar.
  • Switching wish for something else(I'm not sure about aromatherapy). Perhaps bad timing and decisions on my part, although everytime I use wish I get my pokemon killed in the process. Is there anything else that could go here? Do you guys recommend swapping it out?

I'm looking for a team rating, and how I could improve my team possibly. Whether it be moves, items, EV spread, or just pokemon swapping.

Right now I'm contemplating swapping Tyranitar or Garchomp's item for a choice scarf to make them a better revenge killing team. Thoughts on this? Also thinking of swapping out some moves for priority based moves as well.

Random note - I was pretty embarassed when my entire team got wiped by a single serperior xD My blissey almost took it down, but as soon as blissey went down my entire team got one hit o.o Anyways, this opened up my eyes to the fact I kinda need to get other people's input on my team :3 (And of course learn more on my own, but I feel that your input is crucial)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If an Uber Pokemon is on your OU team, then the team itself automatically becomes an Uber team; that team can no longer play in OU, just so you know.

Anyway as for your team:

Charizard isn't seen often in OU because of its Stealth Rock vulnerability and tendency to go down in battle quite a lot. Outside of hitting 4x weak Pokemon hard, such as Volcarona, who takes loads from EQ already, Rock Slide won't see much use. Replace it with Pursuit so that Metagross can hit fleeing Ghosts/Psychics hard. For a much more specially defensive spread, Metagross can use 252 HP/60 Atk/196 SDef; its Attack is still high even with little investment.

Rapid Spin can be considered somewhere on Starmie to rid your team of hazards.

Dusclops is rather terrible in OU play because despite the fact that it can wall most things to hell and back, its low offenses mean it can't do much back to the opponent. While Reuniclus has less bulk than Dusclops, it can do much more back to the opponent than Dusclops would:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard

or
-Trick Room
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 192 HP/64 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Life Orb

Nowadays, 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef is the better spread for Blissey because the spread increases Blissey's special bulk significantly.

Since Garchomp is an Uber, you'll have to make do with Landorus as your Sand sweeper:
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe (Choice Scarf) or 228 Atk/28 SAtk/252 Spe (Expert Belt)
Item: Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Force

or
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
If an Uber Pokemon is on your OU team, then the team itself automatically becomes an Uber team; that team can no longer play in OU, just so you know.

Anyway as for your team:

Charizard isn't seen often in OU because of its Stealth Rock vulnerability and tendency to go down in battle quite a lot. Outside of hitting 4x weak Pokemon hard, such as Volcarona, who takes loads from EQ already, Rock Slide won't see much use. Replace it with Pursuit so that Metagross can hit fleeing Ghosts/Psychics hard. For a much more specially defensive spread, Metagross can use 252 HP/60 Atk/196 SDef; its Attack is still high even with little investment.

Rapid Spin can be considered somewhere on Starmie to rid your team of hazards.

Dusclops is rather terrible in OU play because despite the fact that it can wall most things to hell and back, its low offenses mean it can't do much back to the opponent. While Reuniclus has less bulk than Dusclops, it can do much more back to the opponent than Dusclops would:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
-Trick Room
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 192 HP/64 Def/252 SAtk

Nowadays, 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef is the better spread for Blissey because the spread increases Blissey's special bulk significantly.

Since Garchomp is an Uber, you'll have to make do with Landorus as your Sand sweeper:
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe (Choice Scarf) or 228 Atk/28 SAtk/252 Spe (Expert Belt)
Item: Choice Scarf/Expert Belt

or
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Item: Leftovers

or
-Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Thanksies ^^ I followed your advice and swapped Dusclops out for Reuniclus (Stats below), and changed blissey's stats around to what you mentioned. As for Landorus, I decided to make a separate pure OU team(just a mirror of the uber version but with landorus) so I could play both ubers and ou ^^ So thanks for that as well. Pursuit has come in handy on metagross already so that was useful as well =) As for rapid spin, I'm not sure where I would swap that in on starmie.

Here is a revamped version of my team
Lead
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear body
Adamant nature
EVs: HP 252 / Atk 60 / Special Defense 196
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Meteor mash
- Stealth rock

Special sweeper
Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural cure
Timid nature
EVs: SAtk 252 / Special defense 4 / Speed 252
- Hydro pump
- Ice beam
- Thunder bolt
- Recover

Healer/wall
Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural cure
Bold nature
EVs: HP 4 / Defense 252 / Special Defense 252
- Seismic toss
- Softboiled
- Wish
- Toxic

Wall
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic guard
Bold nature
Evs: HP 252 / Defense 252 / Special defense 6
- Calm mind
- Psychic
- Focus blast
- Recover

Physical sweeper / setup
Tyranitar @ Choice band
Trait: Sand stream
Adamant nature
EVs: HP 180 / Atk 252 / Speed 76
- Crunch
- Stone edge
- Superpower
- Firepunch

Last pokemon depends on the tier I'm playing in
Last pokemon/sweeper OU
Landorus @ Choice scarf
Trait: Sand force
Naive nature
EVs: Atk 252 / Speed 252 / SAtk 4
- Earthquake
- Stone edge
- Hidden power(Ice)
- Swords dance

Last pokemon/Sweeper UBER
Garchomp @ Choice scarf
Trait: Sand veil
Jolly nature
EVs: Atk 252 / Speed 252 / HP 4
- Swords dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire blast

I'm contemplating swapping out someone for Forretress. I like the idea of being able to setup a lot of entry hazards and spin them away. Not sure. What is everyone elses input on this? I'm not sure since right now I'm a very offensive team, and I feel like I'd be taking away from my team's power by swapping someone out. Overall I just like everyone too much to swap out xD

Last edited:
Back