• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
What booster packs carried the original 150/151 pokemon cards? So far I know that the Fossil and jungle boosters did, are there any other booster packs that did? What about the Team Rocket boosters?

In English, the sets that ONLY contain the first 150/151 Pokemon are Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket, Base Set 2, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, and then the Wizards of the Coast Black Star promos up to #28 (which is Surfing Pikachu).

Just about every set has at least one of the first generation of Pokemon, though. I think, in total, only 5 sets released in English don't have any 1st generation Pokemon. This number is just a guess, though. I only know that one set for sure does not have any first generation Pokemon, and that's the Black & White: Emerging Powers set.

Well, I know what a booster pack is, but I also see "Blister pack" and "booster/blister pack", what are those?? What's the difference between those and a regular booster pack?

A blister pack is basically just a booster pack that's individually packaged inside a plastic/cardboard case. Historically, they've looked like my first attachment, though starting with the most recent set, Black & White: Plasma Freeze, they look like my second attachment. A blister pack may contain multiple boosters, and official ones that contain multiple boosters have the fronts of all the booster packs visible.

OfficialKatsunori

x?q]r♂Pk
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2013
Where would I find, say, pictures of every card that's been released?
I'm a spriter interested in the artwork.

OfficialKatsunori

x?q]r♂Pk
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2013
Bulbapedia is probably the closest to having the artwork of all cards ever released, simply because it also has images for the Japan-exclusive cards in addition to most of the English cards.

'Kay, thanks. :(
*post filler*
~ I'm blue, ba-pa-dee, ba-pa-dah... ~

EDIT: What about the wrapper images? Does anyone actually keep those?

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm currently making a Poison deck for myself. And isn't the cycle suppose to rotate soon? So should I keep doing my Poison deck and if so, can I get any tips on making them. Or should I start thinking about making a new deck since it's going to rotate?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I just got a set of Black and White ND cards. All fake, but on the pack I noted that there are "better" looking flasher cards then back in the day. How come they wore not included?

BTW I don't know how to play TCG I just scan the images and put them on my wall.

Thanks!!
zqN26.png

Years
I'm currently making a Poison deck for myself. And isn't the cycle suppose to rotate soon? So should I keep doing my Poison deck and if so, can I get any tips on making them. Or should I start thinking about making a new deck since it's going to rotate?

You should focus on it, but be aware that the likely rotation will most likely rotate the four oldest sets currently legal in the modified format.

I just got a set of Black and White ND cards. All fake, but on the pack I noted that there are "better" looking flasher cards then back in the day. How come they wore not included?

BTW I don't know how to play TCG I just scan the images and put them on my wall.

Thanks!!
zqN26.png

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "flasher cards".

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Thanks a lot :)

So in your opinion, I should stop buying the older packs in rotation and focus on the newer ones?

Years
That'd probably be a good idea, unless you're looking to complete the original sets, too. I suppose buying Emerging Powers boosters every time you see them, even though it's a bad set competitively other than Catcher, might still be useful simply because of Catcher, though, which may stay legal because it was reprinted in Dark Explorers (the 5th oldest set in the current format).

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
Hello, quick question. The Kecleon card from the Plasma Freeze set says that Imitack attack can

"Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. If this Pokémon has the necessary Energy to use that attack, use it as this attack."

Does this mean that I have to copy the energy's type as well as the cost?

Thanks guys,
Mattso

Years
Hello, quick question. The Kecleon card from the Plasma Freeze set says that Imitack attack can

"Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. If this Pokémon has the necessary Energy to use that attack, use it as this attack."

Does this mean that I have to copy the energy's type as well as the cost?

Thanks guys,
Mattso

What it means is that you have to have enough of the correct energy attached to Kecleon to use the attack, meaning that if you were facing a Heatran EX and you wanted to copy the "Heat Boiler" attack off of Heatran EX while using Imittack, you'd have to have 1 Fire energy and 2 energy of any kind to use Heat Boiler. The damage would done would be the same type as Kecleon is, which is where Kecleon's Ability, Color Change, comes into play: Since Kecleon has to be your active in order to attack, your Kecleon's ability turns it into the same type as Heatran EX. It's not the attack that's doing the type damage (it never is in the TCG), it's the Pokemon's type itself that does the damage.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Any European here has a good site to order booster packs/boxes? All american sites charge like $40 for shipping and it'll take about a month to get here...
I went to check the stores irl but a pack is about €4, which is around $5 aka a total rip-off

Years
Any European here has a good site to order booster packs/boxes? All american sites charge like $40 for shipping and it'll take about a month to get here...
I went to check the stores irl but a pack is about €4, which is around $5 aka a total rip-off

If you assume that the cards in your language might actually be printed in the USA (it makes sense that they might print them all in a single plant and then ship them worldwide, given that one of the American error cards of the last 4 years was that a promo Garchomp Lv. X had the German name for Garchomp), then it seems like less of a ripoff and more of a difference due to tariffs and the like.

Have you tried looking on the Amazon site for your country?

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Quick Questions Thread!

So I'm running out of space for where to put my cards. I'm thinking about selling my commons to my local card place. I've got cards from almost every pack from 1st, 3rd and 5th gen boosters. Should I sell some of my cards or keep them for their gen value?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I have the original Computer Search, but seeing as it's not a Ace Spec, does that mean I'm not allowed to use it? It's the only Ace Spec card in my deck tho.

Back