• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Starter Selection [ADVANCED VERSION]

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Just wanted to say this is an awesome script. I tweaked it to suit my game and it looks fantastic. Thanks a ton Shiney. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Tried to add a fourth option, but whenever I try to select the fourth starter, I get this:
Code:
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: TypeError

Message: Section215:270:in `+'nil can't be coerced into Fixnum

***Full script:

PokemonStarterSelection.new(2,5,8,26)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

StarterSelection:270:in `typebitmap'

StarterSelection:239:in `input_action'

StarterSelection:133:in `openscene'

StarterSelection:118:in `initialize'

(eval):1:in `new'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'

FollowingPokemon:1549:in `update'

Years
Omg, seriously this is great now I will be able to continue. And the code already had elite battle set to true XD. Oh well so strangely I'm getting this error which I don't think makes sense since how can "end" make a error ---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Script 'Pokemon Starter Selection' line 255: SyntaxError occurred.
OK

Use Thread Tools -> Printable Version before copying the script, Pokecommunity's formatting breaks code

Years
I already took of the code from my comment mej71 so I'll use that when copying a script another time for now need to find a script that makes you choose genders by showing pictures instead of just "Boy" or "Girl".

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Some people are so quick to say "script script script". You can make a character selection using basic RMXP event commands. Rather than go "event commands event commands event commands", I suggest you learn more about them first and see if you can do it yourself.

Years
Ehh... well I do try to use events but I don't think the one I'm talking about can be simply be done by using simple event commands. Well I'm going to see if I can find a tutorials in the wiki. Either way the choosing gender event that I want is like 4th and 5th gen where it shows a picture and you can click on it instead of just seeing the "Boy" or "Girl" which is quite boring.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Hey guys,

how can I use this more often?
In my game I have 3 professors who give 3 a starter pokemon from each region.
But this script works only once for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hey, a quick question. Can i make the starters Shiny?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
*Solved*

Problem:Hey, I'm attempting to use this script but no luck. Graphics are in StarterSelection, but it crashes, an elekid appears, the first pokemon of my choice but not the second and it crashes, I changed using Elite to false, and it just freezes, with no error script.

Solution, I put the graphics in the standard graphics folder and not a new folder called StarterPokemon.

Last edited:
Years
hi !

I would like to know if this script can be used with only essentials or with an other starter-kit ?

thanks

It can be used with any other kit at least I'm sure it works with essentials and BW kit. It shouldn't have any problem so just test it and if you find a error when you add the script just say it here and people will help you solve it.

Back