• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I heard many people talking about Game of Thrones. It sounds interesting, what is it about?

Another great one! I suggest you look it up because it's one of those long-winded stories.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Actually a lot of people buy it for their rarity value or their competitive value. Some cards even goes for more than 1000$.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I heard many people talking about Game of Thrones. It sounds interesting, what is it about?
Depends. Won't spoil much, but if you're into your books being emotional roller coasters that start slow and finish fast you should get into it. The show is pretty much the same. As for the contents, well its hard to say. Basically politics of this fantasy land, mixed with drama. Its like a medieval soap opera to be honest, but it works. Also a good note is that if you hate characters who can't die because the plot demands it getting into it becomes a wild ride. Who's gonna die next nobody knows, round and round the wheel of death goes!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have to agree with this.
Though I have yet to spend the money I have saved, it will have a use eventually. Worst case scenario, I never get to spend it. Then it just can be put toward whatever my family (or friends, if I have no family) wants it to be used for. I:

I know what you mean! :) I never deprive myself to the point where I'm unhappy with what I have, but I certainly don't go out and irresponsibly blow my 700 dollar balance in the bank. I'm an adult, so I want to act like one. For the most part

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Elendil..

509aea630604f6ff74b077b94c9ae708-how-i-met-your-mother-high-five.gif

Toujours:Go back and read what i wrote..."save for something important"...when you see a shirt you like go buy it,don't just say i'm gonna save my money better...i'm not saying "go buy bygones then let them fly" i say enjoy your life when you can..it won't be the end of earth if you brought the shirt and didn't go to that anime conv!!..don't give me that face ":\ " again,girl! Tsk

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Acting like an adult sucks though, cause your acting like how the public expects your demographic age group to act. I say if you want to go out once a week with 50 in your pocket to have a night on the town go for it, even if you have nothing to eat the next week. Also want to impress a hot girl into a long term relationship? Blow that extra 100, its worth it in the long run. "Acting like an adult" is exactly what the world wants you to do, so don't.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well, I would rather act how I want to act, instead of senselessly rebelling just to rebel. The night of blowing money is not worth a week of misery for me.

People want you to act like an adult because they don't want to carry your sorry butt through welfare when you blow all your money and need to eat.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I know what you mean! :) I never deprive myself to the point where I'm unhappy with what I have, but I certainly don't go out and irresponsibly blow my 700 dollar balance in the bank. I'm an adult, so I want to act like one. For the most part
Exactly haha. I'm not always the most mature person (obviously), but I at least have managed to save money. Well, what's the fun in being mature?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well we're all on a Pokemon forum, so we're at least retaining a bit of childishness :3

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@toujie: I know what you mean and I agree with you. Doesn't matter how young we are or how little responsibilities we have when compared to a full-fledged adult, it's a lot better to save money for emergencies and every now and then buy yourself something nice.

Is GoT those one hour episodes?

I believe so.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its not sensless rebellion if you feel that treating yourself once a week to something special is worth it in the long run. And welfare is the last thing I would ever end up in, cause I know when things are tight and when there not. I was only half kidding about blowing money and being hungry for the rest of the week, because that would indeed be stupid. If you have 50 euros to blow by all means blow it, don't save it is what I'm saying.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
True haha. c:

I wonder how many of us will be in our 30s and still playing Pokemon? I think that's...relatively acceptable. But for someone that age to still collect Pokemon stuff is a bit overboard.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For me the number is lower. If I see something and think "I REALLY WANT IT" and it's under 20 bucks I go for it. My limit used to be 10 when I had less money, and maybe will be higher when I have more. But under 20 if I really want it I won't give it a second thought. Like the new leggings I just bought!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If what you mean is waste a bit of money for a night of fun, then yea. Once in a while I don't see why not. But it also depends with the person, different person got different definition of fun :)

Other people could have 20$ for the night and they could have tons of fun with it, while other will need more, like around 100$ maybe? :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Heck, I don't even do that for something that's $5 haha. I'm too cheap. D; That's really the reason why I have money saved, honestly.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
We control money..it doesn't control us! man can make money cuz money will never make man...enjoy your life when you can and i'm not a justin beiber fan!

whatever...had to find a word that fit! :P

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If its 10 or lower I buy it. Which is why I have such a large used game backlog, its filled to the brim with low priced games. Also why my walls have no space on them, too filled with posters, there literally is no wall space, and I have posters layered on top of others. Its going to be a nightmare taking it down, considering how the place is a rental with my parents.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Justin Bieber fan? wat? lmao.

But money CAN change people :)
For example, someone who just gained a large sum of money, he could become greedy and so full of himself.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah my 20 dollar and under thing ends up costing me a lot of money on Steam, because I don't have a LOT of games that are under 20 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back