• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
The 13th byte in the OW data is for the text colour. 00 for black, 01 for blue, 02 for red.

Nevermind, I was using Jambo51's hack for having the OW data determine the text colour, and that's what caused the problem. If you're still interested, here's a thread with more information on the OW text colouring: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239025

Oh I see. Sure, I'll give OWM an option to edit this byte for those using this patch. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just wanted to thank you for making this amazing tool, the sheet export really proved to be super handy! (Worked perfectly on x64 Windows 10, for Emerald)

The new update looks amazing, too :) Good luck

Thank you, really glad you like it! :)

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
*Another Update

Screenshot_20161217_184808_1.png

OWM-Qt is up-to date with the current version. For now I won't upload any binaries as I'd like to test it a little more to make sure there are no little bugs. Also I want to add a final option that automatically searches for a rom's offsets and creates OWM's needed files.

If you notice anything weird, or have a suggestion for feature feel free to tell me

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Another Update

Open and Analyze option in the Files menu has been fully implemented. With this you can open a rom and OWM will automatically find all the necessary offsets and created the needed files and a Profile for these offsets. This means that from now on, *any rom that previously wasn't loading correctly will be supported. This includes, Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green and any multilingual rom.

*Right now searching for offsets is in a primitive state. It searches for the image data of the original hero of the respective rom and once it finds it, it starts searching for the pointers. Although it will work for any vanilla rom, it won't be able to find the offsets of roms that have a different ow for the hero. I have some ideas on how to improve the searching function, but it would really help if I'd have some sample roms that are still not supported to test it even further. If you still can't open your rom please notify me, to improve/adjust the function accordingly.

Also, fixed some bugs regarding the GUI's handling and most importantly a bug caused when repointing the original table, because some bytes were not copied, causing the pokedex and the starter pokeballs in fire red appear distorted and the Prof's bag not show in Em/Rb/Sp.

With this I've added any additional features I was planning and cleaned up the code. I'll also release the binaries for 32/64 bit Windows in the next days once I manage to make cx_freeze work.

Again, I'm open to any suggestions
Have fun with your holidays!

Last edited:

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
How can I add OW's from OW Table 1 I added in Advance Map?

you can change OW picture number to your newly added ow's number.(Fire red has 152 OWs . So, if you have added one new that will be 153. Just change ow pic number of your desired NPC in A-Map and save. It will work. Though you will see male hero ow if your ow is higher than 155. But , don't worry that's a-maps bug. In game it will show your desired ow)

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Hello! UmI hoe this will be added on future releases. I just inserted the OW Expansion code provided in the zip file of JPAN Hacked Engine so it doesn't add any of JPAN's routines. And when I load it in OWM, it doesn't support the expansion. So it would be great if instead of checking if the rom has installed JPFHE patch, it checks if the expansion has been installed.

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
I just inserted the OW Expansion code provided in the zip file of JPAN Hacked Engine so it doesn't add any of JPAN's routines. And when I load it in OWM, it doesn't support the expansion.

What do you mean it doesn't support the expansion? If you mean that you can't add more OW Tables then that is normal, as the Tables Pointers Table (its address can be found from the "OW Table Pointers" in the ini) has no room for more pointers. If that's the case, just repoint that table. Also, note that OWM will treat for free space the byte 0x00 for that table, so if you repoint it to free space change the 0xff bytes to 0x00 after your pointer.

Years
you can change OW picture number to your newly added ow's number.(Fire red has 152 OWs . So, if you have added one new that will be 153. Just change ow pic number of your desired NPC in A-Map and save. It will work. Though you will see male hero ow if your ow is higher than 155. But , don't worry that's a-maps bug. In game it will show your desired ow)

So it's safe to just expand the first table that already is in the game and add ow's there? I did that and it worked almost perfect, when I put in two of my new ow's to close to each other they get the same palette, so 1 of them looks screwed up. Does the palette slot have anything to do with this?

And if I create a new table and add some new OW's in the new table, how can I place them down in A-Map?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
So it's safe to just expand the first table that already is in the game and add ow's there? I did that and it worked almost perfect, when I put in two of my new ow's to close to each other they get the same palette, so 1 of them looks screwed up. Does the palette slot have anything to do with this?

And if I create a new table and add some new OW's in the new table, how can I place them down in A-Map?

1. I added about 10 new OW in the original table. And newly created OWs looks fine when I put them close. How many frames your newly created ow have?
If u can show a screenshot of ow screwing it will help to find what causing this error by making a thread in help me hack section. ( I think I once had similar problem but not sure how I solved that)
2.I don't know about adding new table. And I don't think A-Map will support ow from another table.

Years
1. I added about 10 new OW in the original table. And newly created OWs looks fine when I put them close. How many frames your newly created ow have?
If u can show a screenshot of ow screwing it will help to find what causing this error by making a thread in help me hack section. ( I think I once had similar problem but not sure how I solved that)
2.I don't know about adding new table. And I don't think A-Map will support ow from another table.

I create an new OW type 1, 9 frames - http://imgur.com/a/7gs1k

I then click ''Import Frames Sheet'' - http://imgur.com/a/88Wbs

I now imported an Aqua Grunt and ingame he works perfect - http://imgur.com/a/vi8oP

Everything works fine when around him except when I add another new OW close to him. Or if someone does the ''!'' above their head, the ''!'' icon get's the OW's palette.

As you can see, when I add another one next to him, their palettes merge - http://imgur.com/a/A0VZk

Here's the OW screen for the Spearow. - http://imgur.com/a/UfAsV

I tried changing Spearows Palette Slot to 1, but this is the result - http://imgur.com/a/Sd1Vd

So this is how I add my OW's
I add a new OW
I setup the OW Settings, frames etc.
I choose Palette slot 0 because it's the only one working for me.
Then I try Palette Cleanup.

Any ideas? I'm using JPAN's patch and MrDollSteak's patch

What's your process when inserting new OW's?

(All of my new OW's have 9 frames)

Edit: The only Palette slots I seem to be able to use is 0 and 10 to get the right color ingame. If 2 or more OW's has 0, their palette's merge. If i set one on 0 and the other on 10, they work! But since I can only use 0 and 10 the Hero has to have one of them, which means the Hero ingame gets the new OW's palette.

Last edited:

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
I create an new OW type 1, 9 frames - http://imgur.com/a/7gs1k

I then click ''Import Frames Sheet'' - http://imgur.com/a/88Wbs

I now imported an Aqua Grunt and ingame he works perfect - http://imgur.com/a/vi8oP

Everything works fine when around him except when I add another new OW close to him. Or if someone does the ''!'' above their head, the ''!'' icon get's the OW's palette.

As you can see, when I add another one next to him, their palettes merge - http://imgur.com/a/A0VZk

Here's the OW screen for the Spearow. - http://imgur.com/a/UfAsV

I tried changing Spearows Palette Slot to 1, but this is the result - http://imgur.com/a/Sd1Vd

So this is how I add my OW's
I add a new OW
I setup the OW Settings, frames etc.
I choose Palette slot 0 because it's the only one working for me.
Then I try Palette Cleanup.

Any ideas? I'm using JPAN's patch and MrDollSteak's patch

What's your process when inserting new OW's?

(All of my new OW's have 9 frames)

Edit: The only Palette slots I seem to be able to use is 0 and 10 to get the right color ingame. If 2 or more OW's has 0, their palette's merge. If i set one on 0 and the other on 10, they work! But since I can only use 0 and 10 the Hero has to have one of them, which means the Hero ingame gets the new OW's palette.

What ROM you are using?
If u are using FR then use dynamic OW palette patch. Your palette problem is happening because you never installed dynamic ow palette patch.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Also, fixed some bugs regarding the GUI's handling and most importantly a bug caused when repointing the original table, because some bytes were not copied, causing the pokedex and the starter pokeballs in fire red appear distorted and the Prof's bag not show in Em/Rb/Sp.

Thank you! Can't wait for the new version... I can confirm there was definitely some repointing problem (Emerald: the item pokeballs were replaced by berry trees when I changed Brendan's OW sprite)

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Thank you! Can't wait for the new version... I can confirm there was definitely some repointing problem (Emerald: the item pokeballs were replaced by berry trees when I changed Brendan's OW sprite)

Just uploaded the exe for windows. It is compiled for 32 bits and works for both architectures.
Note that the new version doesn't 'fix' the faulty repointing of the previous version. You'll have to manually change the bytes in the OW Data of malfunctioning OWs.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Just uploaded the exe for windows. It is compiled for 32 bits and works for both architectures.
Note that the new version doesn't 'fix' the faulty repointing of the previous version. You'll have to manually change the bytes in the OW Data of malfunctioning OWs.

That's fine... luckily I had a backup saved. Will check it out!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Guys I made the .ini file for Italian Emerald but I just can't do the Template part (I'm a noob) required to have language support, so can someone download an Italian Emerald rom and do this part for me? (just search for "pokemon smeraldo ita rom download")

Code:
[BPEI]

OW Table Pointers = 0x8E6E0
Original OW Table Pointers = 0x8E6E0
Original OW Pointers Address = 0x502364
Original Num of OWs = 246

Palette Table Pointers Address = 0x8E8D0, 0x8E964, 0x8E9BC
Original Palette Table Address = 0x50890C
Original Num of Palettes = 35

OW Limiter Address = 0x8E6D8

Free Space Start = 0xE3D0B0
Rom Base = BPEI

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
Guys I made the .ini file for Italian Emerald but I just can't do the Template part (I'm a noob) required to have language support, so can someone download an Italian Emerald rom and do this part for me? (just search for "pokemon smeraldo ita rom download")

Code:
[BPEI]

OW Table Pointers = 0x8E6E0
Original OW Table Pointers = 0x8E6E0
Original OW Pointers Address = 0x502364
Original Num of OWs = 246

Palette Table Pointers Address = 0x8E8D0, 0x8E964, 0x8E9BC
Original Palette Table Address = 0x50890C
Original Num of Palettes = 35

OW Limiter Address = 0x8E6D8

Free Space Start = 0xE3D0B0
Rom Base = BPEI

You don't have to do any of that anymore, just click 'Open and Analyze' and OWM will create both the profile and the templates for your rom.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
You don't have to do any of that anymore, just click 'Open and Analyze' and OWM will create both the profile and the templates for your rom.

I was using v 1.2.1 since I couldn't download the other file.

This is so great! It's working and it's beautiful and I'm so blown away right now. :D Thank you very much!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, I'm having a bug and this thread is making it a bit confusing to figure out.

I encountered the bug where the Pokeballs and Pokedexes become distorted, which you said you fixed. However, I'm not sure which version you fixed it in. I was using the OWM in the folder that was labeled "1.2.1." But when I download from the OP, the download folder just says "OWM," and now I can't even find where the hell I downloaded the 1.2.1 folder from. Which one am I supposed to use, and which one fixes this bug?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
o programa não pode ser iniciado porque está faltando api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, how to resolve ? google.translate.

Back