• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

create a pokemon gym

How would you prefer gyms

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
1. what would your type be? (can be a fake type)
2.describe puzzles. (HM requirements are allowed since I love HMs)
3. what trainers would be in the gym? (can be a fake trainer class)
4. what pokemon would you use? (can be fakemon and can have fake moves)(my game idea had a party limit of 100 that can be brought down to 20)(can hold fake items)
5. what is your quote before battle?
6. what is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move?
7. what is your quote when the player's move has no effect?
8.what is your quote when you have one pokemon left?
9.what is your quote when you win?
10.what is your quote when dfeated?
11. what is your quote after defeated?
12.what tm do you give (can contain a fake move)
i'll start
1. water
2. a surfing puzzle (HM surf is required)
3.swimmers
4.ludicolo lv. 50 with mysticwater
-rain dance
-scald
-surf
-waterfall
alomomola lv. 50 with water gem
-wish
-brine
-safeguard
-whirlpool
wailord lv. 50 with no item
-water spout
-amnesia
-dive
-bounce
whiscash level 51
-aqua tail
-muddy water
-future sight
-earthquake
primarina level 55 with primarium z
-moonblast
-sparkling aria
-hydro pump
-psychic
5. "i am gym leader Setsuko,i also participate in pokemon contests"
6.ouch that hurt
7.that won't hurt me
8. oh,primarina,please,show them your full power
9.ha. i won.
10. oh,you defeated me,defeated,defeated me.
11.here,take this water badge oh and this tm for scald
12. scald

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I like these threads! It's been a while.

Type: Fighting
Puzzles: The floorboards are giant disconnected puzzle pieces. A strong Ride Pokémon must push the pieces together to reach each consecutive area. The floor is dotted with Trainers and hidden areas.
Trainer Types: Blackbelt, Ninja Boy, Expert, Battle Girl
Pokémon: Mienshao, Bewear, Infernape, Heracross (Mega Stone)
Before Battle: "Yo! You solved my puzzle! That shows you've got brains as well as brawn... let's go!"
Type-Trumped: "Hah, I didn't know about that!"
Type Resisted: "Hah. Did that surprise you?"
One Pokémon Remaining: "Sad. This couldn't be helped."
On Win: "That came out so close! I wonder what it is that you're missing."
On Loss: "You fought using your brain, and my Pokémon's brawn was no match!"
After Loss: "Keep shooting for the top! Take this."
Award: TM08 Bulk Up

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
1. what would your type be: Ghost
2.describe puzzles. A seemingly dark room where you use flashlight to navigate and answer several trivia
3. what trainers would be in the gym? Hex Maniac, Medium, Poke Fan, Ace Trainer
4. what pokemon would you use?
Mimikyu, Gengar, Sableye, Palossand
Isn't easy where you in the dark I'm afraid. I hope I didn't spooked you
Wow! You spooked me with those moves
Seriously, you can't touch ghost with barefist!
8.what is your quote when you have one pokemon left?
I spooked too soon...
9.what is your quote when you win?
I knocked out and spooked your pokemon.. BOOOO.. be scared
10.what is your quote when defeated
You spooked me good
11. what is your quote after defeated?
Great ghost, you did it and here's your award.

12.what tm do you give
TM30 - Shadow Ball.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
1. what would your type be?

Ice.

2. describe puzzles.

A big ice-skating puzzle. A few Ground-type Pokémon hide in the area. When found, each of them uses a ground-type move to create a patch of sand on the ice, making a non-slippery spot that allows the player to change directions.

3. what trainers would be in the gym?

Pokémon teams: groups of Pokémon that attack on their own accord, but technically belong to the Gym Leader. One of them gives the player money after the entire team has been beaten. Basically, apart from the absence of beginning and ending quotes (replaced by Pokémon cries) the battles work like regular trainer battles.

4. what pokemon would you use?

Weavile, Froslass, Walrein, Mamoswine, Abomasnow

As you can see, I'm a loner. I've cut myself off from people with only Pokémon to keep me company. Don't be sad, I like it that way. But sometimes it does get lonely, and I do feel cold inside. Do you think you can do anything about that?

Oh, this is interesting.

Oh, that's a shame...

8. what is your quote when you have one pokemon left?

I feel so alive!

9. what is your quote when you win?

Ah, I thought you came prepared...

10.what is your quote when defeated?

The heat of the battle managed to melt my icy heart. Somewhat. You deserve my badge.

11.what is your quote after defeated?

You and your Pokémon are a great team. I am not one for puns, but... you're really cool together.

12.what tm do you give

TM13 Ice Beam.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
I like these threads! It's been a while.

Type: Fighting
Puzzles: The floorboards are giant disconnected puzzle pieces. A strong Ride Pokémon must push the pieces together to reach each consecutive area. The floor is dotted with Trainers and hidden areas.
Trainer Types: Blackbelt, Ninja Boy, Expert, Battle Girl
Pokémon: Mienshao, Bewear, Infernape, Heracross (Mega Stone)
Before Battle: "Yo! You solved my puzzle! That shows you've got brains as well as brawn... let's go!"
Type-Trumped: "Hah, I didn't know about that!"
Type Resisted: "Hah. Did that surprise you?"
One Pokémon Remaining: "Sad. This couldn't be helped."
On Win: "That came out so close! I wonder what it is that you're missing."
On Loss: "You fought using your brain, and my Pokémon's brawn was no match!"
After Loss: "Keep shooting for the top! Take this."
Award: TM08 Bulk Up
This is an interesting post. Am I allowed to have an HM required to navigate my gym when someone else has a ride Pokemon required? Your post is very unique. It is the only one that uses bulbapedia.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
What would your type be?
Ghost
Describe puzzles.
The gym would be inside a large Dark Souls-esqe Cathedral.
At each of the four corners of the gym, there will be a puzzle. In the northwest corner, there will be a sliding puzzle. In the north east, there will be a jigsaw puzzle. In the south west, there will be a machamp push/strength puzzle. And in the south east, there will be a riddle. After the completion of each puzzle, a bell would ring. After all four bells ring, a staircase will descend from the ceiling, leading to me.
What trainers would be in the gym?
Primarily Monks
What pokemon would you use?
Drifblim
Aegislash
Trevanent
Froslass
Dusknoir
What is your quote before battle?
As you enter my chamber, I will be reading a book. When you approach I will begin to read aloud, telling the story of the region's legendary. Once I have finished, I will speak to you. "I find ancient legends and stories fascinating, don't you? Well I think you should [Closes Book] Because you and your team are about to become history!"
What is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move?
"Excellent, but Legends are not so easily broken."
What is your quote when the player's move has no effect?
"Spirits are not so easily conquered, are they?"
What is your quote when you have one pokemon left?
"Now, my friend, it is time to become a legend."
What is your quote when you win?
"This was the only way this could end."
What is your quote when defeated
"Of course, no Legend will last forever."
What is your quote after defeated?
"At least I can take solace in the fact that I helped give rise to a new legend."
What TM do you give
Destiny Bond​

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
What would your type be? Fairy
Describe puzzles. You need to answer a multiple choice question about Pokemon trivia before a battle.
What trainers would be in the gym? Apprentice
What pokemon would you use? Clefable, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Florges, Azumarill.
What is your quote before battle? Here, we cherish intelligence, beauty and inner strength. Challenger, are you truly prepared for this?
What is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move? You have my full attention.
What is your quote when the player's move has no effect? My Pokemon are deeply mysterious.
What is your quote when you have one pokemon left? I see, you are a worthy opponent.
What is your quote when you win? My Pokemon never fail me.
What is your quote when defeated? Vanquished!
What is your quote after defeated? I am curious to see just how far you will go, fellow trainer.
What tm do you give? Dazzling Gleam.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
What would your type be: Ground
Describe puzzles: Having to find a safe path through a mine field
What trainers would use in the gym: Soldier
What Pokemon would you use: Krookodile, Golurk, Mudsdale, Garchomp
What is your quote before battle: "So you made it through, now the real battle begins!"
What is your quote when the player uses a super effective move: "So you broke through the defense."
What is your quote when the player's move has no effect: "That did not work, maggot!"
What is your quote when you have one Pokemon left: "You have made it to my last line of defense."
What is your quote when you win: "Go back to basic, maggot!"
What is your quote when defeated: "You have shown your bravery. Take this badge."
What is your quote after defeated: "Onward to your next objective."
What TM do you give: TM26 Earthquake

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
What would your type be?
Ghost
Describe puzzles.
The gym would be inside a large Dark Souls-esqe Cathedral.
At each of the four corners of the gym, there will be a puzzle. In the northwest corner, there will be a sliding puzzle. In the north east, there will be a jigsaw puzzle. In the south west, there will be a machamp push/strength puzzle. And in the south east, there will be a riddle. After the completion of each puzzle, a bell would ring. After all four bells ring, a staircase will descend from the ceiling, leading to me.
What trainers would be in the gym?
Primarily Monks
What pokemon would you use?
Drifblim
Aegislash
Trevanent
Froslass
Dusknoir
What is your quote before battle?
As you enter my chamber, I will be reading a book. When you approach I will begin to read aloud, telling the story of the region's legendary. Once I have finished, I will speak to you. "I find ancient legends and stories fascinating, don't you? Well I think you should [Closes Book] Because you and your team are about to become history!"
What is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move?
"Excellent, but Legends are not so easily broken."
What is your quote when the player's move has no effect?
"Spirits are not so easily conquered, are they?"
What is your quote when you have one pokemon left?
"Now, my friend, it is time to become a legend."
What is your quote when you win?
"This was the only way this could end."
What is your quote when defeated
"Of course, no Legend will last forever."
What is your quote after defeated?
"At least I can take solace in the fact that I helped give rise to a new legend."
What TM do you give
Destiny Bond​
I like this one. I like this one a lot! :)

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
1. What would your type be?
Normal
2. Describe puzzles.
The gym starts out as a simple white hallway with seemingly no path whatsoever, as if it's a dead end. The only contents when inside are a paint, a chair, somebody called gym guy, and a canvas, giving the idea of the challenger to draw something on the canvas in free form style. Once the challenger is done with his/her drawing, the canvas will be withdrawn from below and an ascending ladder leading to the inverse room will appear in the same place where the canvas was taken from.

The inverse room is a much more alive version of the previous plain white room--still a hallway but the interior are now painted over with colorful setting and Trainers are waiting their turns inside before leading to the Gym Leader. True to its name, 'Inverse Battles' takes place in most battles fought here.
3. What Trainers would be in the gym?
Artist, Ace Trainer,
4. What Pokémon would you use?
Ditto
Watchog
Porygon2
Heliolisk
Swellow
Blissey
5. What is your quote before battle?
"So, I've just reviewed your painting the minute you're spending your time battling the Trainers here. I'd say, it may look very simple, yet means something very complicated. There's a reason why we encouraged you to take your time and draw in that canvas. We don't just do these kind of stuff if we don't know the true meaning of it, as to not blindly following the path we believed in. As simple as it is, same goes for your journey. Don't yours has a meaning too?"

<Yes> "Of course there is! If not, I doubt you'd be here at all. Now that I think it's redundant to say anything else, shall we start instead?"
<No> "I see, but I often deem people who refuses to acknowledge my question as too shy to admit it. Why I said so? Because if you don't really have any meaning in your journey for all this long, there's no reason for you to be here either. Now bring it!"
6. What is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move?
"Excellent, but not for long!"
7. What is your quote when the player's move has no effect?
"Am I getting lucky? But at what cost?"
8. What is your quote when you have one Pokémon left?
"I've drawn myself in cornered state, who'll be victorious?"
9. What is your quote when you win?
"Sheer strength doesn't always win, you see? But nonetheless, you put up a good fight. Better luck next time!"
10. What is your quote when defeated?
<If previous question answered with 'Yes'>
"I've been defeated, you and your Pokémon are strong! Heck, I'm more fascinated to witness rather than battling seriously! The reward I'll give to you will also become another piece of junk if you don't cherish it, so be sure that you do!"
<If previous question answered with 'No'>
"I can't tell if your smirk is the facial expression of victory or entirely mocking me for being weak. However, I knew that you indeed lie from my previous question. Wasn't it obvious? Your Pokémon are willing to win for you, that's enough evidence. And by defeating me means you earned the gym badge. Should you take and keep it with you, I'll treat your answer as a yes."
11. What is your quote after defeated?
"You know what's important! Go for it, Trainer. Great endeavor awaits!"
12. What TM do you give?
TM27 Return

smocks

fiat lux
Years
aaaaahhhh I can't just pick one type! sorry
Type: Fire/Ice
Puzzles: Position the sunbeams so the ice melts!
Trainer Types: Ace Trainer(s), Beauty, & Firebreather
Pokémon: Abomasnow, Chandelure, Infernape, Lapras, Ninetales, & Alola-Ninetales
Before Battle: " Some say the world will end in fire, some say in Ice. I wonder what your end will be like?"
Type-Trumped: "Now that was cold!"
Type Resisted: "Pay attention now, you're playing with fire & ice!"
One Pokémon Remaining: "Don't hold back! We're just starting to shine!'
On Win: "I guess you really do have a desire of fire!"
On Loss: "Didn't your mother tell you that if you play with fire you're going to get burned?"
After Loss: "Congratulations kiddo! Who knew you could be this luminous? Here! Take this!"
Award: Kaleidoscope Badge & TM Dazzling Gleam

Years
1. what would your type be? Water
2.describe puzzles. Multiple rivers with currents similar to that of Hoenn's 132
3. what trainers would be in the gym? Fishermen, Swimmer, Sailor
4. what pokemon would you use? Seadra, Lanturn, Gyarados, Wailord and Milotic
5. what is your quote before battle? "My victory is as certain as the coming and going of the tide!"
6. what is your quote when the player uses a super-effective move? "You're washing me away!"
7. what is your quote when the player's move has no effect? "Water is a cruel mistress, better not slip up again."
8.what is your quote when you have one pokemon left? I'm swimming with the fishes..."
9.what is your quote when you win? The ocean is clearly no place for a land dweller!
10.what is your quote when defeated? The unpredictable nature of water has beaten even me, well fought!
11. what is your quote after defeated? "Congratulations, now go seek out some stronger tides, your voyage has just begun!"
12.what tm do you give? Hydro Pump

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
time for round 2?

Type: Normal
Puzzles: The Gym interior is made of a pink substance that changes colour and properties when attacked by various moves, which the player must use to navigate the area.
Trainer Types: Scientist, Clown
Pokémon: Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto
Before Battle: "Get ready for a normal battle with absolutely nothing shifty about it whatsoever!"
Type-Trumped: "Woah... you anticipated the transformation?"
Type Resisted: "Hahah! I was prepared for that!"
One Pokémon Remaining: "You may be strong but can you defeat... ANOTHER DITTO!?"
On Win: "You're strong! But you weren't prepared for the elegance of my Ditto!"
On Loss: "I thought my Pokémon's adaptability would win it for me..."
After Loss: "I suppose this can't be helped. Even with a team of Dittos, I can't prepare for everything. Take this!"
Award: A Ditto :p

Years
Round 2 it is!

Type: Dragon
Puzzles: The gym is set out like a mountain, with various slopes and falls which take the player back to the beginning.
Trainer Types: Dragon Tamer, Ace Trainer
Pokémon: Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Haxorus and Goodra
Before Battle: "This is your final challenge before you face the Pokemon League, you better be prepared"
Type-Trumped: "Dragons are ancient creatures, it's rare something could damage them so much"
Type Resisted: "You should think more wisely before attacking a creature of legend."
One Pokémon Remaining: "The last of my power...don't fail me."
On Win: "Dragons are the strongest of Pokemon, they are not defeated easily."
On Loss: "The power of Dragons has been overcome, you deserved this victory."
After Loss: "Now is the time for a new legend to grow, take this and write your name in history!"
Award: Draco Meteor

Last edited:
Years
Here's mine:

Type : Poison

Puzzles : The player enter a lair-like room,there is a table in the room that has kinds of Poison,potion,and chemical stuff.The player must mix the chemicals rightly or one of player's pokemon is poisoned and must battle with a trainer.

Trainer Class : Ninja,Ninja Boy,Witch.

Pokemon: Drapion,Salazzle,Toxapex,Toxicroak,Venusaur,Mega-Gengar

Before battle : "Oh,A Challenger.It's been a while since someone enter this room.Now,Give me a Amazing Battle! "

Type-Trumped : "What an amazing Pokemon you had! "

Type Resisted : "Please,Show me your true potential! "

One Pokemon Remaing : " I'm amazed,Now let's see how good you are if your pokemon is TRAPPED! "

Winning: "You disappoint me,Trainer!Don't challenge me if you're not ready! "

Losing : " Now that is an amazing battle! "

After Losing : "You beat me in a very entertaing battle,Take this badge Trainer.You're worthy of it.

Reward : Toxic (Move)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
My second round
1. Psychic
2. Teleportation puzzle (Panel-style teleportation)
3. Psychics
4.spoink,meditite,bronzong,sigilyph,delphox (holding psychium z),and Alakazam (holding alakazite)
5. "So i see you've used teleportation panels to get here,now you'll have to battle.
6. "Hey,stop that"
7. Haha,you think you can defeat my Pokemon with those moves.
8. Alright,Alakazam,let's show them our power.
9. I won
10. Congratulations,take my badge.
11. Oh,I forgot to give you this TM
12. TM03 psyshock.

Years
  • Seen today
1. Type: Water
2. Puzzles: Just a long straight blue room with trainers and the leader at the far end of the room
3. Trainer Types: Dragon Tamer, Rich Boy
4. Pokemon:
- Toxapex (Toxic Spikes, Baneful Bunker, Recover, Sludge Bomb)
- Suicune (Calm Mind, Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk)
- Gyarados (Dragon Dance, Crunch, Waterfall, Earthquake)
- Mega Slowbro (Protect, Slack Off, Calm Mind, Scald)
5. Before Battle: "You'll never beat me."
6. Type-Trumped: "Stop it!"
7. Type-Resist: "I can see the result already."
8. One Pokemon Remaing: "One more step to finish you!"
9. Winning: "EZ"
10. Losing: "What?"
11. After Losing: "Lucky bastard. Just take my badge and this TM"
12. Reward: TM12 Taunt

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Dark-type Pokémon.

2. Describe puzzles.
It will be utterly dark. Find your way around without having eyes.

3. What trainers would be in the gym?
None.

4. What pokemon would you use?
Mighthyena, Sableye, Absol (w/ Mega Stone)

"So... you figured the way out through the unlit. Very well. Allow me to illuminate this place."
*lights switch on*
"So young trainer... I see you have come to challenge me. Very well.
I shall battle and show you what me and I my Pokémon are made of. Fear of the Dark!!"

"So... you know our weakness. Don't think it means you are there yet!"

"You can't hide in the shadows now. We are the shadow."

8.What is your quote when you have one Pokémon left?
"You know... some may regard Dark-types as villainous, demons and such...
I can assure you... my last Pokémon... is anything but that!!"

"It seems that soothing light at the of the tunnel you walk... was a mere illusion."

"That was... enlightening."

"I can see, the darkness doesn't daunt you. I congratulate you, kid. This badge is all yours."

12. What TM do you give?
TM97: Dark Pulse

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Dark-type Pok?mon.

2. Describe puzzles.
It will be utterly dark. Find your way around without having eyes.

3. What trainers would be in the gym?
None.

4. What pokemon would you use?
Mighthyena, Sableye, Absol (w/ Mega Stone)

"So... you figured the way out through the unlit. Very well. Allow me to illuminate this place."
*lights switch on*
"So young trainer... I see you have come to challenge me. Very well.
I shall battle and show you what me and I my Pok?mon are made of. Fear of the Dark!!"

"So... you know our weakness. Don't think it means you are there yet!"

"You can't hide in the shadows now. We are the shadow."

8.What is your quote when you have one Pok?mon left?
"You know... some may regard Dark-types as villainous, demons and such...
I can assure you... my last Pok?mon... is anything but that!!"

"It seems that soothing light at the of the tunnel you walk... was a mere illusion."

"That was... enlightening."

"I can see, the darkness doesn't daunt you. I congratulate you, kid. This badge is all yours."

12. What TM do you give?
TM97: Dark Pulse

i like this one.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Type: Poison

Puzzle: Poison removes 1 HP every four steps. Battle starts with a layer of Toxic Spike on both field.

Trainer Types: Probably a lot of Hooligans or Punk Girls/Guys

Pokemon:
This gym is probably mid-game gym so: Toxapex, Crobat, and Venusaur

Pre-battle quote
I see you brought your antidotes with you. Let's see if items can help you now.

Super-effective Quote
Aah, utilizing my weakness? That's a poisonous way to play.

No Effect Quote
Haha! Have you dabbled with Acid? What're you doing?

One Pokemon Left Quote
Ah, I'm in a toxic environment now.

Winning Quote
Bring more Pecha Berries next time.

Upon Defeat
Ah, my poison didn't wear you down enough.

After Defeat
Poison-types are rather under-appreciated by many. I hope you see their true potential in our battle.

TM: Sludge Bomb

Back