• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Hello to all people!
I´m making a remake of gold in one Pokémon Emerald[BPEE] and i need a shiny routine for gyarados.
I tried with Advanced Shiny Hack Maker 2.00(by HackLars) and,when i try to patch the emerald,appears me an error: "Run-time error '13':Type mismatch".
Can someone explain me what happened?

Thank you

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
Is there a program out that allows me to change breeding options for Pokemon? (Gengar+Blastoise = ??? Etc...)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2008
Well... I searched the forum and both Simple Questions threads, but I couldn't find an answer.

I'm planning on making a Pokémon Blue hack, but I couldn't find any tools that allow/help me edit battle sprites, nor any Pokémon editors that let me change their names and evolution methods.
Do those exist, or is that impossible on RBGY? If they exist, can anyone point me to a tool, or at least a tutorial that helps me do that?

I also tried finding those tools for G/S as an alternate base, but was equally unsuccessful.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm planning on making a Pokémon Blue hack, but I couldn't find any tools that allow/help me edit battle sprites
No tool currently exists that can compress or decompress RGBY images.
nor any Pokémon editors that let me change their names and evolution methods.
Easily done in any hex editor. For text editing, look into Thingy tables. Evolutions are stored near the moves-learned data for each Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2008
Why when i Compile Script, Poke Script warn: File Not Found or user cancel? Help me!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Do you know if it's possible, though? Something I could ask a programmer to try?
The decompression algorithm has been found by some German hackers, but so far nobody's stepped up to the plate to write a compressor based on it. There is a program somewhere that decompresses RGBY images to .bmp, but writing a compressor, particularly an efficient one, is a whole other ball game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2008
The decompression algorithm has been found by some German hackers, but so far nobody's stepped up to the plate to write a compressor based on it. There is a program somewhere that decompresses RGBY images to .bmp, but writing a compressor, particularly an efficient one, is a whole other ball game.
Ah, I see. Thanks, anyways.

Years
resizing overworlds

hi, i have searched this everywhere sorry if youve already answerd this but i couldnt find anything except for one thread, but it was to complicated it went to segments of code i didn't know how to acsess i use xse.
i need a way to resize the over world so i can use bigger sprites,

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script? (It says there's an error in the "give Pokemon" part-

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Should I not be able to edit some trainers' pokemon's moves in my trainer editors? The only one who is a gym leader that I can't do this is Blaine and a Magmar should not know Sing.

Help please?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script? (It says there's an error in the "give Pokemon" part-

Spoiler:

I hope these quoted messages/posts will help.

please keep your scripting questions to the Script Help thread in the Scrapbox.

refer to the script workshop in the scrapbox as Blazichu stated in the previous page.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Is it possible to replace the frames of gengar vs. nidorino in the FR intro to revamps of the pokemon yellow frames if they are the same size and there are the same number of frames? (And a pallette change was applied).

Also- Is it possible to get rid of the choice of picking the female gender and the sprite for it using any hex or script editors because I'm trying to make this as similar to the yellow version as possible (the pokspe yellow version manga)?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
1.- How can i import my pokemon icons on TilEd 2000? Every time i try to import my bmp it says that only "128x128x256colors" bitmaps can only be inserted.
Can any one help me with this? I have all my icons on bmp but with everyone i try to import the prog says the best thing.

2.- Does anybody knows where to get .iee (IconEd format) icons in case i can´t with TilEd. seems that i cant trust Poke pic for icon inserting.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Cyclone Prototype?

I have searched far and wide... the tool box is no help, Whack a Hack couldnt help me... I been to many other sites, but I cant seem to get a hold of a working Copy of Cyclone Prototype, I need it, but cant find it, please help! (Sorry if this question is in the wrong thread, I dont ask many questions around here...)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
It's called Google, my friend.
That's where I got MY copy from...

If I'm not allowed, delete the link...but I got mine HERE
If the link gets deleted, search "CyclonePrototype" (one word!) in Google.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
A few questions were missed...

Should I not be able to edit some trainers' pokemon's moves in my trainer editors? The only one who is a gym leader that I can't do this is Blaine and a Magmar should not know Sing.

Help please?
Yeah, PET is pretty buggy. You should Amplifier 2006 AE. Not sure where you can get it though. Its a lot more stable though (just make sure you always have a number in the level slot XD). It can edit any type of trainer.

Is it possible to replace the frames of gengar vs. nidorino in the FR intro to revamps of the pokemon yellow frames if they are the same size and there are the same number of frames? (And a pallette change was applied).

Also- Is it possible to get rid of the choice of picking the female gender and the sprite for it using any hex or script editors because I'm trying to make this as similar to the yellow version as possible (the pokspe yellow version manga)?
Yes. I'm not 100% sure how but its obviously either with UNLZ or a tile editor. Not sure of the offsets/numbers. Try asking someone who has already done it like Teh Baro.

With a hex editor probably, with a script editor, no. It'll be pretty complicated so I don't know if it'll be worth the effort.

1.- How can i import my pokemon icons on TilEd 2000? Every time i try to import my bmp it says that only "128x128x256colors" bitmaps can only be inserted.
Can any one help me with this? I have all my icons on bmp but with everyone i try to import the prog says the best thing.

2.- Does anybody knows where to get .iee (IconEd format) icons in case i can´t with TilEd. seems that i cant trust Poke pic for icon inserting.
You have to make it 128px by 128px in 256 colour format. IconEd is probably the best way to go about it. Why do you need .iee files? Theres no real resource for them, but if you want D/P ones I think DJG is allowing people to rip them from his hack (Ruby Desting: Reign of Legends).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back