• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Dynamic Overworld Palettes

goranthegreat

Can't you make a patch that's compatible for emerald.

Years
How exactly do you open this program?
Hi there,

This is no program that you open like AdvanceMap or the like, it's a hack of the game's palette engine. You can use it by either
- applying the IPS patch to your ROM (which writes the data to 0xF00000), or
- compiling the source code manually, as detailed in the ReadMe file.

Note that this only works for FireRed 1.0, although by now I have decided to port it to Emerald as well, but I'm not sure when that will be done.

Years
Hey I think a recently discovered bug has to do something with your patch, where pokedex is all distorted and messed up...
Can u look into it please?
Also, is download updated in first post?
And is it safe to apply the new patch over the already applied one?
Thanks.
I can't seem to find any PokéDex-related bugs caused by Dynamic Overworld Palettes... Have you made any other modifications that could have potentially corrupted the PokéDex in some way? Does the problem persist after you've applied the Uninstall.ips patch? Do you use the most recent version?

The download link in the OP is the latest version, yes. And you can apply the update over your current version without uninstalling.

HuK

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
IF MY ROM'S F00000 is not null,
WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
my rom is 1460 base patched rom
So, F00000 is not null...

Years

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
Upon applying this patch to my fire red rom, my overworld sprite editor crashes when I try to insert a new sprite. I assume this is because some thing the overworld editor is trying to write to has been moved by the dynamic palette patch. Does everyone else have this problem? If so how can I change the .ini for my overworld editor to adapt to this patch? Thanks

Delta231

A noob
Years
Upon applying this patch to my fire red rom, my overworld sprite editor crashes when I try to insert a new sprite. I assume this is because some thing the overworld editor is trying to write to has been moved by the dynamic palette patch. Does everyone else have this problem? If so how can I change the .ini for my overworld editor to adapt to this patch? Thanks
I prefer using OWM.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
See my above post.

Oh, duh! I don't know how I missed your post. I have a really stupid series of questions now. I'm not fully understanding how to implement this. I see you insert the palette patch, insert the fix, insert the modified RTC routine, bu then I'm lost. How do I compile the npcmod.c? And after that are there other .c files I must compile or do I just insert the other asm routines? Also, are the routines in the "retired" folder needed or are they old?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Oh, duh! I don't know how I missed your post. I have a really stupid series of questions now. I'm not fully understanding how to implement this. I see you insert the palette patch, insert the fix, insert the modified RTC routine, bu then I'm lost. How do I compile the npcmod.c? And after that are there other .c files I must compile or do I just insert the other asm routines? Also, are the routines in the "retired" folder needed or are they old?

for compiling npcmod.c use this http://www.mediafire.com/file/blhtcgzb3avx4ko/casm.zip

And insert other asm routines. Including the retired folder one too.

Back