• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Why'd did this thread get unpinned early?

Idk, but it's not like being pinned gave it any more traffic than normal haha.

Same problem here :U

Read the FAQ on the first post. It'll give you some hints on what to do next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know what you're all thinking: "Hey, you said the next time you were gonna post would be to drop the next Beta! You're a liar! Bush did do 9/11!"

And, well, you'd be right. I had Beta 2 fired up and ready to be dropped, but I took one good look at it and decided it would be best to extend the Beta all the way up to Fuchsia City for story purposes. Otherwise, the events I had planned seemed rushed and like a shameless cop out to what I really wanted. So now, rather than ending at Celadon like I had originally planned, it will end at Fuchsia City. That means instead of the 4 badges I originally planned, it'll expand up to 5 badges and include 2 new areas instead of the 1.

This does mean, however, that Beta 3 which goes up to Saffron City will be a lot shorter but I might just push that back just like I'm pushing this one back.

Shame too, I really wanted to drop the next Beta while I was still hack of the month. :/

U21YYSi.png

The Safari Warden before his daily walk through the Safari

Note: The Safari Zone will be closed for Beta 2 but its rare Pokemon
can still be found in the wild somewhere
Hint: Think of G/S/C locations

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Just started playing this thanks for making this mod can't wait for the next update i was curious if it was possible to catch squirtle in this beta

Also The first post mentioned that Eevee evolves by stone and you included Umbreon and Espeon i was wondering what stone is used for Umbreon and Espeon or is that not Possible yet

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
lol I thought beta 2 was out fo some reason, so when I got to the end of th beta I was like, "Wait what? It said it went up yo 4 gyms" lol

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
nice.. can't wait to play this hack

Ask and you shall receive haha

I'm a patient man I can earnestly wait for beta 2 to cine out and hey, more stuff!

Hope you didn't grow a beard waiting for it to cine out ;)

Just started playing this thanks for making this mod can't wait for the next update i was curious if it was possible to catch squirtle in this beta

Also The first post mentioned that Eevee evolves by stone and you included Umbreon and Espeon i was wondering what stone is used for Umbreon and Espeon or is that not Possible yet

Yes, all starters will be obtainable in Beta 2.
As for Umbreon/Espeon, you were originally supposed to evolve them through the stones but I forgot to update their evolution methods. They are now able to evolve through stone in Beta 2.

lol I thought beta 2 was out fo some reason, so when I got to the end of th beta I was like, "Wait what? It said it went up yo 4 gyms" lol

Lol don't worry, it's a whopping 5 gyms now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After months of grueling progress and hours upon hours being poured into this project, I am proud to say
BETA 2 IS FINALLY RELEASED!!!

Don't forget to pick up your limited edition promo Pokemon, Spiky Eared Pichu! Just go to any Pokecenter on the second floor and talk to the man there to receive your Pokemon. These promors only happen at the dropping of every beta so get yours while it lasts!

Small disclaimer:
This is a Beta for a reason. I play through the game myself to ensure I don't find any bugs, but I don't find them all. If you are concerned about your save file, I highly suggest using save states or waiting until you believe that it's stable enough to play. I want to squash as much bugs as possible, so report any that you see. Don't forget to check the Bug List on the front page to see if someone already reported your bug.

tTwuO0J.png

Your friendly neighborhood NPC giving you the deets

QEuLM44.png

Whoa Teh Blazer, you mean there are items on the floor???? :O

TVGU0KH.png

Keep telling that to yourself, bud

YpuGsLl.png

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2CliIHs.png

Famous without doing anything, basically a Kardashian

hSNRseK.png

Gasp, new area? :0

Beta 2 Download Link:
Code:
[URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?gbu8ziiba71k4c5"]https://www.mediafire.com/?gbu8ziiba71k4c5[/URL]

It is important to note that since I expanded the Pokemon table, previous saves aren't compatible with this beta so unfortunately you will have to start over. I will try to make this a one time thing for future betas because I know how bummed you guys will probably about it (I was bummed when I discovered I had to start over). But enjoy and don't forget to drop by the thread for any comments, ideas, or bugs!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I would've but I can't grow facial hair...
Thank god saves aren't compatible, I got a new phone and list my save then. This kinda makes it ok.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I've been waiting for a hack like this for a while, and I'm loving Beta 2 so far. I found a few glitches. After getting the old amber in Pewter City, I can't use my bag because any time I go towards the right in my bag, the screen get completely discolored and freezes. After this happened, I didn't run into any wild battles either. Once I battled another trainer, I couldn't use the bag then either. Also, Eevee doesn't have "Lv" next to its level.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020

Beta 2 Download Link:
Code:
[URL]https://www.mediafire.com/?gbu8ziiba71k4c5[/URL]
It is important to note that since I expanded the Pokemon table, previous saves aren't compatible with this beta so unfortunately you will have to start over. I will try to make this a one time thing for future betas because I know how bummed you guys will probably about it (I was bummed when I discovered I had to start over). But enjoy and don't forget to drop by the thread for any comments, ideas, or bugs!
Not a big deal about previous saves not being compatible. I barely even remember what I was doing in the previous save.

Would be nice to play it all over again.

Since the fairy type is there, would there be any TM's of that type? Or any other change in the TM List from the usual.

Can't wait to get my spiky eared Pichu!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Ok, so this one is a major bug. I used a repel, it ended and I didn't use another.

Now I cannot find any wild pokemon at all.

Years

Hope you didn't grow a beard waiting for it to cine out ;)

Yes, all starters will be obtainable in Beta 2.
As for Umbreon/Espeon, you were originally supposed to evolve them through the stones but I forgot to update their evolution methods. They are now able to evolve through stone in Beta 2.

Lol don't worry, it's a whopping 5 gyms now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After months of grueling progress and hours upon hours being poured into this project, I am proud to say
BETA 2 IS FINALLY RELEASED!!!

Don't forget to pick up your limited edition promo Pokemon, Spiky Eared Pichu! Just go to any Pokecenter on the second floor and talk to the man there to receive your Pokemon. These promors only happen at the dropping of every beta so get yours while it lasts!

Small disclaimer:
This is a Beta for a reason. I play through the game myself to ensure I don't find any bugs, but I don't find them all. If you are concerned about your save file, I highly suggest using save states or waiting until you believe that it's stable enough to play. I want to squash as much bugs as possible, so report any that you see. Don't forget to check the Bug List on the front page to see if someone already reported your bug.

tTwuO0J.png

Your friendly neighborhood NPC giving you the deets

QEuLM44.png

Whoa Teh Blazer, you mean there are items on the floor???? :O

TVGU0KH.png

Keep telling that to yourself, bud

YpuGsLl.png

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2CliIHs.png

Famous without doing anything, basically a Kardashian

hSNRseK.png

Gasp, new area? :0

Beta 2 Download Link:
Code:
[URL]https://www.mediafire.com/?gbu8ziiba71k4c5[/URL]
Hi, can you help I can not find the coffe mug on route 22, if the mug is with pokemon leauge guard, than I can not get because each time I try to talk to the guard the game freeze please help, thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hi, can you help I can not find the coffe mug on route 22, if the mug is with pokemon leauge guard, than I can not get because each time I try to talk to the guard the game freeze please help, thank you in advance.
It is not with the pokemon league guard. It is outside the pokemon league's main entrance in a pokeball.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I would've but I can't grow facial hair...
Thank god saves aren't compatible, I got a new phone and list my save then. This kinda makes it ok.

Haha well nice of you to see the silver lining.

Is espeon now available? I always use Jolteon but I wanna mix it up.

Espeon is available, but I'm not sure how late in the game that you come across a Sun Stone. By Celadon City for sure, if that's not too late.

I've been waiting for a hack like this for a while, and I'm loving Beta 2 so far. I found a few glitches. After getting the old amber in Pewter City, I can't use my bag because any time I go towards the right in my bag, the screen get completely discolored and freezes. After this happened, I didn't run into any wild battles either. Once I battled another trainer, I couldn't use the bag then either. Also, Eevee doesn't have "Lv" next to its level.

Thanks for the Old Amber one, that's been fixed. Wild battles were because I forgot to change one byte, fixed now. Which trainer couldn't you use your bag against? And the Eevee thing I noticed but didn't know the cause of. It disappears when you evolve it though. ;)

Not a big deal about previous saves not being compatible. I barely even remember what I was doing in the previous save.

Would be nice to play it all over again.

Since the fairy type is there, would there be any TM's of that type? Or any other change in the TM List from the usual.

Can't wait to get my spiky eared Pichu!

I wasn't planning on changing up any TM's since just editing Move Tutors is such a hassle, but I might in the future.

Ok, so this one is a major bug. I used a repel, it ended and I didn't use another.

Now I cannot find any wild pokemon at all.

Thanks, I've fixed it now. New link is at the bottom.

The guard I've fixed. Have you done all you needed to do in Pallet Town? As in everything your rival would normally do in pallet town, you've already done?

I even included a certain scientist in Viridian City's Pokecenter to remind you.

It is not with the pokemon league guard. It is outside the pokemon league's main entrance in a pokeball.

Ditto.

New Download Link:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?49c0sszvxvs88xl

Years

Espeon is available, but I'm not sure how late in the game that you come across a Sun Stone. By Celadon City for sure, if that's not too late.

Thanks for the Old Amber one, that's been fixed. Wild battles were because I forgot to change one byte, fixed now. Which trainer couldn't you use your bag against? And the Eevee thing I noticed but didn't know the cause of. It disappears when you evolve it though. ;)

I wasn't planning on changing up any TM's since just editing Move Tutors is such a hassle, but I might in the future.

The guard I've fixed. Have you done all you needed to do in Pallet Town? As in everything your rival would normally do in pallet town, you've already done?

I even included a certain scientist in Viridian City's Pokecenter to remind you.

Ditto.

New Download Link:
Code:
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the fix

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020

Ditto.

New Download Link:
Code:
- First up, tried the new beta and the repel thing is resolved. Thanks!

- Also, there are mega-pokemon in this?
Just saw this:
Mega Gyarados doesn't have sprites yet
Just got Sauron (yay) and am wondering if Mega-Venusaur is in there as well? Also have bought that Magikarp as well in anticipation haha

- Thirdly, the reason I asked about the TM is because that's the only way Esepon learns a fairy move. I'm thinking of Espeon as my Eevee-lution and it would be a big disappointment if it never even learned a fairy move. Other games I've seen usually take out one of the TM's to replace it with moonblast. That'd be cool with me :P

- How many Gen pokemon are there? Till Gen 3? Would help in planning out my team.

- I see that the Spiky earer Pichu knows a strong move already... but does it learn any new moves as well? Will it learn those that Pikachu and Raichu do?

I'll let you know if I encounter any more bugs anywhere.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
how long is this beta?

It goes up to Fuchsia City (not including the Safari Zone).

Can someone tell me how to install this, because it looks really interesting :)

Just grab a Fire Red ROM and an ips patcher (I use Lunar IPS) and patch the ips file in the description to the ROM.

- First up, tried the new beta and the repel thing is resolved. Thanks!

- Also, there are mega-pokemon in this?
Just saw this:

Just got Sauron (yay) and am wondering if Mega-Venusaur is in there as well? Also have bought that Magikarp as well in anticipation haha

- Thirdly, the reason I asked about the TM is because that's the only way Esepon learns a fairy move. I'm thinking of Espeon as my Eevee-lution and it would be a big disappointment if it never even learned a fairy move. Other games I've seen usually take out one of the TM's to replace it with moonblast. That'd be cool with me :P

- How many Gen pokemon are there? Till Gen 3? Would help in planning out my team.

- I see that the Spiky earer Pichu knows a strong move already... but does it learn any new moves as well? Will it learn those that Pikachu and Raichu do?

I'll let you know if I encounter any more bugs anywhere.

Yeah, there are only a few Mega Stones in this Beta. If you wanna know for planning purposes, they're below:
Spoiler:

Haha maybe I'll work something out with the Moonblast TM then

I only plan on having Pokemon up to Gen 3 in the hack, except of course mega evolutions and maybe some of the Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 1 Pokemon (like Rhyperior, Elevtrivire, etc)

I wanted to keep it in line with the Hg/Ss Spiky Eared Pichu so it doesn't evolve at all. And for ease for me, it learns pretty much the same moves as a regular Pichu, with its last move being at Lv 19.

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
whats with the level 100s everywhere?

edit:
seems like a really weird bug. repatched the rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back