• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] BW Bag for Essentials v17.2

ChickenCombo

ㅇㅅㅇ
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2020
Okay, there was someone who asked here before on how to fix the BW Bag script by shiney570 for stock Essentials v17.2, the fix was easy but I forgot what the fix was.

This is the original thread I'm talking about, but it's now deleted.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=414168

I remember there was some guy who answered the question and the fix was easy, there is a line somewhere in the script that you need to add "#" or just remove the line and the error would be fixed.

(i know that script is outdated, but I'm trying to learn scripting by making them compatible to v17, i've successfully fixed the pokedex one and wants to fix the bag next)

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
It was me.

Inside 'PScreen_Bag':
Code:
  def dispose
    #@swaparrow.dispose #To make BW Bag script works
    super
  end

However have a "bug to fix": we can give to pokemon hold a Bicycle lol. I do not know how to fix that. And About Pokedex, can you share with us the script?

Last edited:
Years
Okay, there was someone who asked here before on how to fix the BW Bag script by shiney570 for stock Essentials v17.2, the fix was easy but I forgot what the fix was.

This is the original thread I'm talking about, but it's now deleted.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=414168

I remember there was some guy who answered the question and the fix was easy, there is a line somewhere in the script that you need to add "#" or just remove the line and the error would be fixed.

(i know that script is outdated, but I'm trying to learn scripting by making them compatible to v17, i've successfully fixed the pokedex one and wants to fix the bag next)
Actually I was The One??????
(I don't Remember)

Last edited:

ChickenCombo

ㅇㅅㅇ
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2020
It was me.

Inside 'PScreen_Bag':
Code:
  def dispose
    #@swaparrow.dispose #To make BW Bag script works
    super
  end

However have a "bug to fix": we can give to pokemon hold a Bicycle lol. I do not know how to fix that. And About Pokedex, can you share with us the script?

Here's the PokeDex script:
Tested with stock Essentials v17.2
https://pastebin.com/pEqJSpvC

I mean, it's not fully fixed, there's still some bugs, but I've managed to fix it to be usable at least, it needs the latest version of EasyMouse Module by Luka S.J.
Not much has changed from the previous script, it's just that the old script use the old version of EasyMouse Module which is obsolete, so I had to update this script for the latest EasyMouse Module.

The installation is same as the one made by shiney570.

One thing that annoys me, and I cant seem to find a fix is that holding the up or down arrow key doesn't continue scrolling through the Pokedex, and it's a pain to manually tap arrow keys one by one. Anyways, it fully support EasyMouse tho, so it's not a problem it that doesn't bother you.

EDIT: Some screenshots for preview
UnYDo6G.png
JiqcIoF.png
GfaZhYT.png

Last edited:
Years
One thing that annoys me, and I cant seem to find a fix is that holding the up or down arrow key doesn't continue scrolling through the Pokedex, and it's a pain to manually tap arrow keys one by one. Anyways, it fully support EasyMouse tho, so it's not a problem it that doesn't bother you.
I can't seem to figure the thing out..maybe I should look at the PScreen_Pokedex script and do changes...

Last edited:

ChickenCombo

ㅇㅅㅇ
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2020
I can't seem to figure the thing out..maybe I should look at the PScreen_Pokedex script and do changes...

I think the fix should be somewhere between these lines, I could be wrong tho.
Found on BW Pokedex script, line 821
Spoiler:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Spoiler:
Change '.trigger?' to '.press?' and try.

ChickenCombo

ㅇㅅㅇ
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2020
I really want to adapt Map, Bag and Pokedex script to v17.2. Let's do this together?

I tried the bag before, I had a really hard time doing it, cause it keeps spewing errors, but I'll see what I can do, I'll try to fix it again. I'll post updates here, if I succeed or nah

ChickenCombo

ㅇㅅㅇ
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2020
Here's my old BW Bag script, the EasyMouse fully works, one bug is I cant register key items, and opening the Pokemon menu and giving Pokemon hold item crashes the game.

I just dug this from my old Essentials cause it's been a while since I tried learning Ruby and I forgot most of the things I learned and I forgot what changes I made to this one
https://pastebin.com/dHEaBwJD

Years
I did it boys.(the stock version)

Spoiler:

change with
Spoiler:
.repeat works better

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has it already.
https://pastebin.com/pEqJSpvC
Requires the lastest Easy Mouse System by Luka
Same graphics from The BW2Mod

It showing me error. I am using EBS and I have also modified the initial pokedex script in the built in essentials. Can it be that the script is not completely overwriting the actual script?

Years
Since you might have added gen six Pokemon, there's an array containing all the initial dex no.s of Pokemon, Create something like
Code:
KALOS = [651,652 etc..]

Back