• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Up key is stuck

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
Whenever I go into a menu (choices, trainer menu, debug menu) it keeps moving the choices up, so the up key is stuck. There aren't many threads about this bug, so I thought I'd just post it here

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
for something as fundamental, and if this error was pervasive then it would already be reported and solved. I apologize for the frankness, but that does seem odd.

What were you doing previously coding-wise?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 1, 2019
All I did was add a test map and add a trainer

Do you think it might be the keyboard drivers? I have HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 Keyboard installed. Could those be messing with it? I also have no bluetooth, game controllers, or joysticks plugged in.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Disconnect any input device and see if the issue persists.
If the issue is fixed, then it is indeed a hardware problem.

If not, try using a new Pokemon essentials kit and see if the issue persists.

Also, we need more information. What version of Pokemon Essentials are you using?
Did the issue occur as soon as you entered the game for the first time or only after you added that new map and trainer?

Back