• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Console Generation were you born in?

Years
5th gen aparantly! I was born a couple of months after the Sega Saturn came to the NA, that's kind of cool to know.

Edit: Oops, read the list wrong, I was born closer to the release of the Atari Jaguar.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
I was born in 94, my first console system was the original X-Box. I recall having a NES for a short time as a hand me down from my dad's friend but it was broken. I wish I could go back in time and make myself keep it because it could of probably been fixed.

I was more into handhelds, my first video game system was the original Gameboy, I had that when people at school had the Gameboy color which was also handed down to me from my uncle. The first time playing yellow on a Gameboy Advance was a magical experience.

AlexMills

pokemaster
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
I'm from the Master System era, but got in late into the game so my first machine was actually a Megadrive

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I was born 6 days after the SNES was released in Japan, and sure enough, ALttP and SMAS were the first games I ever played, at a schoolmate's house. The first one I ever owned was a Game Boy, which I was also born into.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
Years
Fairly certain I was born in the SNES era though I never really touched a video game until the N64 and Game Boy Color era.

Years
  • Online now
I was born a few years into the second generation, but since my older sister wouldn't let me touch her Atari 2600 I was solely an arcade gamer until the third gen.

.hack

skunkape
Years
'95, First console experience was my dad had a PS1 that he let us play as kids. I managed to get a cheap Megadrive at some type of carboot sale thing, but it was already "old"/outdated then.

Years
I was born during the 5th generation of gaming with the peak of the Playstation 1 in 1998. I got to experience the 6th generation of gaming with the PS2, and I think the PS2 is the best console ever made because of the quantity of games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I was born in late 1995, so I came out between the SNES (1990) and the and the Nintendo 64 came out (1996). I guess the two closest consoles which would have came out when I was born would be the PS1 (1994) and the Nintendo 64 (1996). This totally makes sense because my first videogame console was the Nintendo 64. I have fond memories of playing Pokemon Stadium 1 when I was really young.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
4th generation, born just after the release of the original GameBoy ^^

When I was a little kid, the original PlayStation was heckin cool.

Back