• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Breeding rolycoly

Years
I am trying to breed a 6IV rolycoly from two parents rolycoly having each 5IV in the same statistics. I gave a parent the destiny knot. I know I could just use a silver bottle cap, but i ve never had a 6IV pokemon from breeding so i just want to try. I just have no idea how much eggs i will still have to hatch lol. I have already got 150 useless rolycoly! How much is it going to take in your opinion?

Last edited:

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
Years
For me it takes up to 200-250 eggs to get from a 3 IV to a 5 or 6 but for you I would estimitate about 30-50 more unless you are hoping for shiny

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I am trying to breed a 6IV rolycoly from two parents rolycoly having each 5IV in the same statistics. I gave a parent the destiny knot. I know I could just use a silver bottle cap, but i ve never had a 6IV pokemon from breeding so i just want to try. I just have no idea how much eggs i will still have to hatch lol. I have already got 150 useless rolycoly! How much is it going to take in your opinion?
Well, it depends on your luck, but it's less than a 2% chance (so < 1/50). From this old but rather extensive article (that I am wondering if I should update given newer games and updates to GO now...) https://daily.pokecommunity.com/201...ame-shiny-and-perfect-pokemon/#perfectpokemon

What if both parents each had only five perfect IVs? If they have the same imperfect stat, it becomes 1.56%; if they have different stats, that becomes 0.78%.
So AMP017's estimate isn't far off!

You've been unlucky to not get a 6IV from that, (about 9.5% chance of no 6IVs with that setup in 150 eggs). Good luck with your next batch.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
I also want to download Pokemon sword and shield please tell me how to download that.pls tell me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Well, it depends on your luck, but it's less than a 2% chance (so < 1/50). From this old but rather extensive article (that I am wondering if I should update given newer games and updates to GO now...) https://daily.pokecommunity.com/201...ame-shiny-and-perfect-pokemon/#perfectpokemon
Is that math correct? Calculated the odds below.

Same 5 IVs
Copies 5 of 6 IVs. Randomizes the imperfect stat with a 1/6 chance. Ranges from 0 to 31 from there. So:
(1/6) * (1/32) = 1/192, or 0.52%.

Different 5 IVs
Breaks this into three separate cases.
Case A: Picks Parent A's imperfect stat with a 1/6 chance. Rolls from 0 to 31, once again. Becomes a 1/2 chance on Parent B's imperfect stat.
(1/6) * (1/2) * (1/32) = 1/384

Case B: Mimics the above. Picks Parent B's imperfect stat. Flips a coin on Parent A's stat.
(1/6) * (1/2) * (1/32) = 1/384

Case C: Selects a stat both parents are perfect in with a 4/6 chance. Rolls the magic 31. Walks away with two perfects on the shaky stats with two separate 1/2 chances.
(4/6) * (1/2) * (1/2) * (1/32) = 4/768

Adds them together.
(1/384) + (1/384) + (4/768) = (8/768)
= 1/96, or 1.04%.

Or is there an error above?

Back