The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Time Warp Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:44 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by CodeHelmet.

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    The rule applies to Gyms, evil teams and Elite 4 and pretty much any important battles.
    Sounds fair then, although leading with Pikachu against some of the Gym Leaders is going to be difficult, if not outright suicide in Giovanni’s case lol. Even against Blue I’m going to have to instantly swap to a Flying Type to avoid getting OHKO’d from his Sandslash.

I’ll edit in my Jurassic Jam result tomorrow. I’m extremely tired right now and Lt.Surge was quite a challenge for a change(Thunderbolt is really nasty when you don’t have a Ground Type).

*Edit*

So as promised, my challenge result was a success but not without some bumps or challenges. Brock was easy as expected thanks to Butterfree but Misty continues to hold her claim as to the most annoying and frankly lucky Gym Leader in Kanto. I managed to defeat her Staryu after putting it asleep five times with Sleep Powder(only for it to wake up the following turn 3 times...) but before I could knock it out with Confusion, it landed a critical Water Gun that did some damage. Her Starmie continued her lucky streak by avoiding going to Sleep and landing a critical Bubblebeam to KO my Butterfree. With Charmander and Paras as my remaining options, I sent out Paras and paralyzed her Starmie after she raised its Defense with Harden. I then took advantage of its Psychic Typing by using Leech Life(which gains STAB) but I took several Bubblebeam hits, including one that was critical. Fortunately I was able to defeat her Ace. It wasn’t just Misty that gave me issues but Lt.Surge as well since without a Ground Type Pokemon, Thunderbolt is really nasty. I opened with Charmander but nearly got OHKO’d from Thunderbolt. I responded with Ember that did minor damage but I got extremely lucky by getting a Burn on Raichu. Charmander fell the next round to a 2nd Thunderbolt but thanks to the Burn, his Physical moves are basically cut in half. I then sent out Paras because Butterfree’s Typing made it suicide and I managed to whittle him down to virtually nothing but fell to a Thunderbolt. I had no choice but to send out Butterfree and I finished him off with Confusion(I was so close to losing). Erika fortunately wasn’t as difficult as I had Butterfree, Charmander and Paras at my disposal for her Grass Types.

After getting my Dratini and doing some serious training, I wiped the floor with Koga thanks to Charizard(Flamethrower + Bugs = victory). I did my first Dragonair vs Sabrina match(yeah surprising I know) where I basically won 3-0 with Thunder Wave and Hyper Beam. Blaine lost to Aerodactyl handedly(need to use Rock Pokemon more often) and I used a combination of Blastoise, Butterfree and Charizard to beat Giovanni.

Elite Four was where it got interesting. Lorelei was the hardest due to me having four Flying Type Pokemon, including my Dragonite who had a x4 weakness. Only Pokemon who resisted her was Blastoise but I was saving him for later, hence I opted to go with Aerodactly since Rock shreds Ice. I opened with Double Team hoping that her Dewgong would miss but she doesn’t and lands a wicked Bubblebeam. I use Double Team again and she misses the 2nd time around. I heal with a Max Potion I found and proceeded to use Double Team. After maxing Evasion, I merely used Rock Slide and Fly to KO her Pokemon. For Bruno, it was basically Blastoise for his Onix and Aerodactyl for his Fighting Type Pokemon.

Agatha was a true pain in the ass. Not because she had an advantage on my Pokemon but because I only had one Pokemon with Super Effective moves in Butterfree’s Psychic. I managed to defeat 4 of her Pokemon without taking much damage(and undoing any status ailments with Full Restores). Her final Gengar though... ugh. First it uses a Confuse Ray that causes me to miss and follows it up with Psychic that KO’s me. I’m like... s#&# and send out Aerodactyl whose speed outclasses her Gengar but I miss with a Fly Attack. Confuse Ray and Psychic = KO. F&$#&# so I send out Charizard and finally beat her with Flamethrower. I used a combination of Parasect and Blastoise to defeat Lance(Spore Attack and Mega Drain is quite nasty).

As for Blue, I opened with Dragonite and basically sweep his team lol. Used Surf on Sandslash, Hyper Beam on Alakazam, Hyper Beam on Exeggutor, Surf on Ninetales, Thunderbolt on Cloyster and Thunder Wave + Surf + Hyper Beam on Jolteon(did take a nasty Thunderbolt though). MVP of run will go to Butterfree as it did a lot of heavy lifting early on and came through in the clutch against Lt.Surge.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:39 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Zemanahrad.
    Audino Master
    • GT
    • EO

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Sun

CHAPTER 14 - NEXT ISLAND!

Lillie started floating and attacked Lusamine, so I interfered and beat her with Aquanera. Lusamine was angry, because her company doesn't hurt people and we were kicked out of there.
    After hours of swimming, we made it to next island. We were greeted by Kukui enjoying his evening tea - that he bought with money he got for selling us. He sents was to work in this island's observatory. We met Sophocles, one of the Trial Captains. And I challenged him. His Electric Pokémon were so powerful that the whole observatory blew up!
    And so, I and Hau are homeless again...
    OCC: This run is going really slowly... I feel like I spent eternity on the 3rd islands and I'm hardly in a half of it. While I enjoy the game more that I did in 2016, I still kinda wish to complete it soon.

Team

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Incineroar @Firium Z
    lvl 38, Blaze
    - Fire Fang
    - Swagger
    - Roar
    - Darkest Lariat

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Steelium Z
    lvl 36, Tangling Hair
    - Metal Claw
    - Sand Tomb
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulldoze

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
    lvl 34, Water Bubble
    - Bubble Beam
    - Spider Web
    - Bug Bite
    - Infestation

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
    lvl 33, Receiver
    - Brick Break
    - Focus Energy
    - Acrobatics
    - Scary Face

Nightfall, Calm Male Sandygast
    lvl 33, Water Compaction
    - Astonish
    - Sand Attack
    - Bulldoze
    - Hypnosis
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:47 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Zemanahrad.
    Audino Master
    • GT
    • EO

CHAPTER 15 - REBELLION!

We were invited by a creepy girl to her house on Ula'ula Island. There, we reunited with Lillie. She didn't look like someone who just took beating from Aquanera. Weird. The creepy girl claimed to be next Trial Captain, so I agreed to go with her to her Trial Site. Only to end up in the abandoned Site. And you don't wanna know what she wanted to do here. After ehhh... photo session... yeah, photo session! So after that we returned to her house only to found slave hunters there.They were friendly and offered me and Hau to join them.
    We travelled to their base in Po Town and met their leader Guzma. Pretty cool guy. He let us join him and told us that he'll find us when we're needed.
    After getting back to the creepy girl's house, we found out that Alolan Mum's Factory took away Lillie. Probably because of her attack of the Lusamine.
    Suddently, wild Gladion appeared. He's slave hunter too! And he has orders for us. We have to find someone named Lillie in Alolan Mum's Factory's island.
    We decided to steal a boat to get to the island, but we were caught by a cop named Nanu. But he's corrupted and let us go.
    We made our way to the island in our very own slave hunting boat! We beat every single person there until we got enough intel about that Lillie. It must be very popular name here in Alola.
    According to one of the kid workers there, the runaway slave is with Lusamine. Could she stole it? We made our way there only to find our Lillie. She and Lusamine seems to know each other. She had this long monologue about how her daughter and son destroyed her work and run away from her. Those bastards! If I ever meet them... How can they be so disrespectful? But I must agree that Lusamine is kinda scary. Just like my mum. So that's okay.
    Gladion then said that his mother would never be evil. His mum must be fun at parties.
    Lillie was like WTF are these two doing. When I asked what she means by that, her answer shocked me. THEY. ARE. FAMILY. Wow. What weirdos. And at that moment it hit me. Throughout my whole journey, I met kid workers that run away from their factories and defied their parents. Could I be working for a bad side this whole time?
    Nah, it's just this region problem. Or could it be truth?
    While I was thinking about these things, Lusamine opened portal to another dimension and disappered.

Gladion then revealed the whole truth. He and Lillie are leaders of international kid saving program and after seeing me winning the Industrual Games, they wanted to recruit me. My way to Alola was all their doing. They also offered Hau to join their forces. I decided to help them... for now.

Team

lvl 48, Blaze
    - Fire Fang
    - Swagger
    - Roar
    - Darkest Lariat

lvl 46, Tangling Hair
    - Iron Head
    - Sand Tomb
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulldoze

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
    lvl 46, Water Bubble
    - Bubble Beam
    - Crunch
    - Bug Bite
    - Infestation

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
    lvl 46, Receiver
    - Brick Break
    - Focus Energy
    - Acrobatics
    - Close Combat

Nightfall, Calm Male Palossand @Ghostium Z
    lvl 47, Water Compaction
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earth Power
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

Tel, Adamant Male Togedemaru @Electrium Z
    lvl 28, Lighting Rod
    - Charge
    - Spark
    - Nuzzle
    - Magnet Rise
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:49 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by CodeHelmet.

Long time coming but I have to do it.

Username: CodeHelmet
      Era: Ancient Greece
      Game: Yellow(Pika Power)

Haven’t decided on a team yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if my Pikachu is level 70 by the time I reach Viridian City(for the Gym) and everyone else(unless I purposely grind) in the 30’s.

Edit* With Water, Ground and Normal Types not allowed(two explicitly), it means I’ll need a Surf HM slave.
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:01 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Zemanahrad.
      Audino Master
      • GT
      • EO

CHAPTER 16 - Conquering...

We made our way to the last island, where we contacted woman named Hapu - kid disguised as old hag. She is secretly helping the Resistance and told us there are 2 ancient artifacts that can summon same portal that Lusamine used.
      Me and Lillie decided to get one on Exeggutor Island, while Gladion got the other one. Lillie's skirt got a little bit wet on the island, but we managed to get the artifact. Gladion soon returned with the other one and we started planning our attack. Hau and Gladion will attack Kukui and his Elite Four and me and Lillie will find Lusamine.
      We used artifacts to open the portal and get into this weird dimension full of much more beautiful Lillies. Anyway, I forget to bring my big white draggo, so I had to stick with these lazy bastards from Alola.
      We found Lusamine and she fused with one of the Lillies. Cool! I should switch sides once again. Before I could do anything, Lillie - the human Lillie - took care of Lusamine with her Solgaleo. So she had legendary Pokémon this whole time? I'm not even mad, I have one too and I didn't use it. She then activated her De-Fusion Spell card and beat Lillie - the Pokémon one - once again. After that, human Lillie decided to drag Lusamine all the way to the portal and back to Alola, so she can face her crimes.
      Few minutes after we got out of that weird dimension, we got message from Gladion, that they took down Kukui and his league. That's great. Then he added that Kukui escaped. That's not so great. We just started big revolution... World War!
      We celebrated that evening in the Iki Town. Many kid workers, including Lana and Mallow, came and decided to support our cause.
      I noticed Lillie missing during the event. I found her hat. Then one of her boot few metres away. I followed the clues to the Ruins of Conflict. There he was. Kukui holding Lillie hostage. I had fierce and long battle with him, but in the end won.

Next day Gladion revealed me and Hau his next plans. He wants to attack and conquer Sinnoh...

OOC: Well, this last part was really interesting. I led with underleveled Tel for most of the time until E4. Because of that, I had to switch at the start of the each battle and my other Pokémon were taking hits.
      Water-Type were once again menace to my team. This time it was Lusamine's Milotic. Well, her whole team pretty much countered mine. Hala was another obstacle on my way to victory. Other E4 members weren't that bad, but I still had bigger problems with them that during my 1st regular playthrough. I also think my Pokémon were on lower levels that on previous runs.

Team

lvl 59, Blaze
      - Flare Blitz
      - Swagger
      - Roar
      - Darkest Lariat

lvl 57, Tangling Hair
      - Iron Head
      - Sand Tomb
      - Sucker Punch