• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] How can I get shiny pokemon

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2021
Hi

I am new to this Pokémon game and I don't know how to get a shiny Pokémon. Please tell me how to get that.
Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Advises looking at The PokeCommunity Daily article. Mentions some things not described below (and vice-versa).

Options:
1. Brilliant Aura hunting. Finds Pokemon with glowing auras around them sometimes. Appears more often and with higher shiny odds, depending on the number of KOs on that specific Pokemon. (Check your Pokedex for KOs on a Pokemon.) Some numbers:
- 1 KO: Sees Brilliant Pokemon of that species
- 20 KOs: 1.3x likelihood of Brilliant Aura
- 50 KOs: 1.6x likelihood of Brilliant Aura and 2 extra shiny rolls
- 100 KOs: 2x likelihood of Brilliant Aura (maximum) and 3 extra shiny rolls
- 200 KOs: 4 extra shiny rolls
- 300 KOs: 5 extra shiny rolls
- 500 KOs: 6 extra shiny rolls

Stacks with the shiny charm (2 extra shiny rolls).

Short version: Knock out 100 of a species for the best Brilliant Aura chance and a 1/683 chance (with the Shiny Charm). Improves to 1/455 with 500 knockouts and Shiny Charm, but no higher likelihood of Brilliant Auras.

Edit note for clarity: Receives the boosted shiny odds on Brilliant Aura Pokemon only, not all Pokemon of that species.

2. Dynamax Adventures. Has a 1 in 100 chance of each Pokemon being shiny with the Shiny Charm (1 in 300 without).

Important note: Will not appear shiny when battling it. Displays that only at the end screen when deciding which Pokemon to keep. Catch everything you defeat. Always succeeds with the capture.

3. Breeding. Put two Pokemon with different regions in the daycare. Hatch all the eggs. (Add a Flame Body Pokemon to your party for faster hatching.) Receives a shiny at 1/683 odds without the Shiny Charm and 1/512 odds with it.

4. Special Raid Events. Usually runs these once a month. Boosts the odds of a specific Pokemon for a few days. (Update your Wild Area News or go online when it is ongoing.) Happens to be Delibird right now. Will be shiny in 2% of the five-star event dens. (18% chance of normal Delibird. Means approximately 1 in 10 five-star Delibird raids are shiny. Save before each five-star Delibird battle you do solo.)

Last edited:
Back