• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Fancy Party!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Working off the topic of Easter... here's another situation to throw our characters into! Celebrations

I'm thinking... an elegant party, possibly with a dress code and invitation list, in a fancy location, where the importance of the event can be felt in the air. It could really be anything from a wedding, to a religious celebration, to a special occasion to reunite with friends, but the gist of it should be pretty much the same.

There's a lot of things that we could learn about your character just by putting them in this situation. Are they someone who feels the pressure of such a big event and is very careful about looking elegant, or not? Are they generally happy to go and possibly ready to show off, or are they a wallflower? What do they need to enjoy that kind of party as much as they can? And would they contribute to the solemn atmosphere or not be bothered by it that much?

Bonus point if you can talk about outfits and fashion haha~

I'm excited to hear about your characters! ♡

Years
Oh boy, for Gwen that'd be such an exhausting and suffocating environment. Having to wear anything other than the first thing she grabbed from her closet that morning would be tricky enough, but she'd go crazy trying to act all prim and proper. She's also not the biggest fan of wearing dresses in general so that's another thing that'd kill her. She'd wallflower, either exclusively tagging along with any friends present or just stay entirely by the snack table, and by the end would probably just say "Fuck it" and start a Pokemon battle right then and there.

June isn't exactly a social butterfly either so it's not quite her element, but she'd definitely do a lot better. She wouldn't seek people out to converse with, but she wouldn't mind if anyone else were to initiate. She'd be nervous about coming off as anything but intelligent and would stutter her way through her sentences. If someone makes even the slightest mention of bugs she'd completely derail the conversation into the specifics of bug-type biology. Having to wear a dress gown herself she'd be fine with, but I'm sure being surrounded by lots of other girls in formal wear would intimidate her.

Might as well go over my reoccurring NPC characters as well, but both Bethany and Robynn would excel at a formal event. The main difference being Bethany's accent repels anyone trying to approach her and Robynn goes home with a few girl's numbers.

Years
Funnily enough Prim (my Atria character) is actually at such an event right now in that RP (along with the rest of the cast). She's a very confident person who grew up in a wealthy merchant's household. Given that, she's very comfortable in such a setting and she thoroughly enjoys the process of getting all dressed up and such. She's not great at (and actively dislikes) playing politics and rumour mongering though, and her tact and manners do leave a bit to be desired. So she's comfortable in the setting and probably isn't going to do anything that would get her kicked out, but you're either going to find her a lot of fun or you're going to want her to leave.

My Star Wars 5e character, Iggy, also went to a fancy gala recently. He mostly just stood awkwardly in the middle of the room shit-talking the biologicals with another droid because he has roughly 0 understanding of social etiquette or why anyone would find such a thing fun. Also there was an element of tension because they were there to negotiate with a crime syndicate he has a history with lmao

Catherine, my Spear character, actively loathes events like that. She just views them as an excuse to flaunt your success and try to get a leg-up. She doesn't see a party, she sees a social chess game we're everyone is a competitor trying to outmanoeuvre the other guests. She also generally despises interacting with people and would not be shy about communicating any of these thoughts. Solid chance that if she didn't leave as soon as she could herself, she'd get asked to by the host/security.

Speaking of getting asked to leave by security, by d&d character Jovian would be extremely impolite, scam many rich people out of their money and then have to flee the building to avoid being detained. But he would have a lot of fun doing it.

My last remaining d&d character (for now heh) Elek... he wouldn't be very comfortable but he wouldn't be making any scenes either. He's not very easily shaken but he's not really from a background that would spend a lot of times doing that sort of thing and he's not the most charismatic person ever. He'd mostly just chill with people he knows well and do his best to be suitably polite to anyone else that chose to speak to him.

Back