• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Is this Latias worth purifying?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Latias.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience in Pokémon Go, so I'd like to ask here for advice. I have 23 Rare Candies, and this Latias caught from Giovanni would need 17, but looking at its IVs I don't know if it's worth it or if I should better use those candies in another Pokémon. For instance I have a Metang, a Shelgon, and a Dragonair with 70-80 candies that could use them to evolve into their final forms.

Years
Latias.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience in Pokémon Go, so I'd like to ask here for advice. I have 23 Rare Candies, and this Latias caught from Giovanni would need 17, but looking at its IVs I don't know if it's worth it or if I should better use those candies in another Pokémon. For instance I have a Metang, a Shelgon, and a Dragonair with 70-80 candies that could use them to evolve into their final forms.

I'm a little late, sorry - but in my opinion it absolutely isn't worth it. Shadows are much better attackers and she would only gain +2 to each stat from purification. Definitely much better to keep her as she is (assuming you didn't already purify). Hold onto Metang for now also, its Community Day move (Meteor Mash) is so much better than the regular moves that you should always wait until its Community Day event comes back to evolve it. If you evolve it during a non-event time you'll need to use an Elite Charged TM to get Meteor Mash instead, and those items are pretty darn rare. Salamence has a better Community Day Move too so keep Shelgon as it is for now, Dragonair is okay to evolve though iirc. It also has a Community Day move but I don't think it's way better than what it can normally get.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thank you for the info 👍

I didn't purify it. I had no idea about the Elite charged TMs either (never seen any of those) so I'll keep the candies then, and wait for a chance to use them on whoever gets the next community day move (Metang, Shelgon, or something else with good IVs and within the 5km distance group). It's kinda annoying because of my limited bag space, so I'll try to get some Coins to buy a capacity upgrade in the meantime.

Back