Patch Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use) Page 18

Started by Li Yun May 24th, 2021 3:40 PM
  • 445 replies
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2 posts
34 Days
Hey guys, thank you for this patch Li Yun.

I'm having this bug where the game inconsistently won't show the summary page. It seems viewing the summary in the PC and then exiting will cause it to fix itself temporarily, but most of the time it looks completely blank. I'd post a link but I've not had 5 posts yet.

I thought it had to do with the Day and Night cycle but unpatching it didn't solve this issue. Any ideas?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the world is just a theater, a reflection of something we don't know?"

Male
Brasil
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
190 posts
1.6 Years
hi NSE isn't working, how can I change backsprites of trainers and intro?
There is a specific NSE for this base rom. In the main post you will find the download link, it is among the spoilers.
Would it be hard for me to remove the Gen 4+ pokemon from this? (I like it as a rombase but I wanna keep it 386)
Just ignore all other Pokémon in the rom and use only the Pokémon of the first 3 generations.
Another alternative is to alter the sprite of the Gen 4+ Pokémon, and the "sprite?". To do this you can repoint the offset of the sprite and palettes by PGE, or by HxD manually.
I tried but what I want most( level cap) isn't working.
Level Cap does not work on rom hacks with Emerald's Binary Engine v1, unfortunately. I was working on it and had even gotten a positive result, but my Hard Drive ended up burning, which resulted in the loss of several of my files.
Hey guys, thank you for this patch Li Yun.

I'm having this bug where the game inconsistently won't show the summary page. It seems viewing the summary in the PC and then exiting will cause it to fix itself temporarily, but most of the time it looks completely blank. I'd post a link but I've not had 5 posts yet.

I thought it had to do with the Day and Night cycle but unpatching it didn't solve this issue. Any ideas?
Well, which emulator are you using? I recommend emulate this rom hack with VBA or VBA-M. In other emulators, be it on the Windows, Android, PSP, 3DS platform, etc., you may come across visual bugs, and things like that.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
24 posts
2.3 Years
Level Cap does not work on rom hacks with Emerald's Binary Engine v1, unfortunately. I was working on it and had even gotten a positive result, but my Hard Drive ended up burning, which resulted in the loss of several of my files..
Really sorry to hear that,I almost lost my main hard drive with a lot of precious photos and stuff I used so I can understand the feeling,how about the dynamic level system?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the world is just a theater, a reflection of something we don't know?"

Male
Brasil
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
190 posts
1.6 Years
Really sorry to hear that,I almost lost my main hard drive with a lot of precious photos and stuff I used so I can understand the feeling,how about the dynamic level system?
Yes, the dynamic level works perfectly on the base rom. You can download Modexe Emerald and test.
You can download Modexe Emerald from the link below my comment in my subscription.

On my Hard Drive, I could have minimized the damage suffered if I performed backup's daily. But I'm very lazy, and in the end I ended up i paid too high.
It is the natural course of things: nothing is left to seed. One hour everything will arrive at its end of life.
He/his
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
9 posts
6.9 Years
Amazing work! But I can't seem to use PGE, specifically the Pokemon Editor. I can open the Item, Moves and Ability editor but not the Pokemon one. I followed all instructions, downloaded a clean emerald rom, used XSE to expand to 32mb, patched using RomPatcher, and then copied the rom with the same name as the ini in the same folder, but PGE still doesn't work. Am I missing a step? Or is it my clean rom not woking? Any help will be appreciated!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1 posts
112 Days
Thank you for creating this for us to use! I'm just starting to learn how to hack pokemon games, but I've had a lot of fun just seeing what all is included in this base in PGE!

I have a friend circle that really enjoys playing randomizers, and this looks like it could be fun to randomize. What would be the best way to go about doing that with this base? If nothing else, can you point me to where I'd need to go to figure out how to do that?

Li Yun

Male
Brasil
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
190 posts
1.6 Years
Amazing work! But I can't seem to use PGE, specifically the Pokemon Editor. I can open the Item, Moves and Ability editor but not the Pokemon one. I followed all instructions, downloaded a clean emerald rom, used XSE to expand to 32mb, patched using RomPatcher, and then copied the rom with the same name as the ini in the same folder, but PGE still doesn't work. Am I missing a step? Or is it my clean rom not woking? Any help will be appreciated!
In the attached file for download, you will find a test.ini. Apply the patch to an Emerald Clean rom and after the patch changes the rom name to test.gba. Then move the test.gba (patched rom applied) into the same folder where the test .ini. Once that's done, try again to open the rom on PGE. You must have .ini and patched rom applied, to be in the same folder for PGE to be able to read the data correctly.

I was wondering if I can use an online hex editor?
Yes. I didn't mention Hex editors online for not knowing/using any.

I tried to patch this with my emerald rom, but it was mismatched. How do I fix this?
Before applying the patch to the rom, make sure that a vanilla rom, that is, a clean rom of Emerald USA. Next you will have to expand the rom to 32MB via XSE, PGE or via Hex editors. If you do not do this and apply the patch on the rom, you will encounter several errors.

Could you explain me how do I change attack effects? I mean if I change the secondary eff on PGE when I choose deals non volátile status condition option, how do I choose if it will burn, or poisons or freeze ?
Well, I was creating a document (.pdf) explaining how to handle it easily. But unfortunately my Hard Drive stopped working, which resulted in the loss of several and several of my data, and unfortunately I had not performed any backup previously. I'm going to have to redo the documentation on that, i'll let you know about any news about it.

Thank you for creating this for us to use! I'm just starting to learn how to hack pokemon games, but I've had a lot of fun just seeing what all is included in this base in PGE!

I have a friend circle that really enjoys playing randomizers, and this looks like it could be fun to randomize. What would be the best way to go about doing that with this base? If nothing else, can you point me to where I'd need to go to figure out how to do that?
Um, randomizing something on this base rom is a very challenging thing but it's not impossible. I'll be able to verify that and let everyone know when I get something concrete.
Does the Level Cap from your modexe works on this base?
No, unfortunately. I'll add this to my to-do list to research how to apply this to this base rom.
Hello everyone here I have a question is there ash greninja here?
Yes. It has the Ash-Greninja shape exchange system via Battle Bond and several other form exchange methods from other Pokémon available on this base rom.

Li Yun

Male
Brasil
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
190 posts
1.6 Years
How do these rom bases work?
It's basically a rom hack with updated mechanics, new Items, Pokémon, etc. All part of mechanics is updated, in the case of this base rom was all updated until the 7th generation. With this base rom, you can use it to create your rom hack.
No new story is entered, it's the same story as the traditional Emerald. Everything remains the mesm, except for the updated mechanics, new items, Pokémon, etc.
It is worth remembering that nothing on the map has changed, so you would have to edit the items that the NPC's deliver, edit the wild Pokémon, trainers, etc.