• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] PlayStation Plus Overhaul

Years
screen-shot-2021-05-24-at-2-59-20-pm.png

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ctors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

The new model was announced in March, but Sony just recently announced the initial lineup of games available for the new PlayStation Plus subsciption tiers. For a few more dollars a month, subscribers can have access to a very impressive lineup of first-party and third-party PlayStation games, across PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/PS4/PS5 titles, with more added to the catalogue monthly. Check out the official announcement to see the official list of games launching with this model change mid-June.

PlayStation Plus subscribers, will you upgrade to the Deluxe/Premium subscriptions? Do you think the upgrade is worth it? What games do you find the most interesting in the new lineup?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I have mixed feelings.

I like my PS Now subscription and don't want to be restricted out of my backlog because I'm not paying a high enough tier.

Years
I have mixed feelings.

I like my PS Now subscription and don't want to be restricted out of my backlog because I'm not paying a high enough tier.

It's my understanding that all PS Now subscribers will automatically be converted to a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription (the third tier) at no additional cost, even if you only used PS Now as a standalone service. It should be a complete upgrade, I think!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It's my understanding that all PS Now subscribers will automatically be converted to a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription (the third tier) at no additional cost, even if you only used PS Now as a standalone service. It should be a complete upgrade, I think!

I do my subscription on a month-by-month basis, doing the $9.99 option each time. Not sure how I'm going to be impacted.

Never cared much for PS+ or online gaming. Would be nice if the lower tiers don't change much, and the premium just works as an extra bonus.

pkmin3033

Good lord, those prices. This is a bigger joke than NSO's Expansion Pack option, frankly. Of the three services I've thought Playstation Plus to be the weakest one available due to the relative lack of value for what it offers - the free games have always been extremely hit-or-miss in regards to their quality, and that they're only available for a month only makes matters worse - but this is taking the worst of PS+ and NSO and combining it into one overpriced "service" that is in no way worth the asking price.

Honestly, I really do not care for this shift in attitude towards legacy content that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have all undergone. This idea that no, we don't get to own these games any more, we have to pay repeated subscription fees for the privilege of accessing them, and then only for as long as they deem it appropriate. This is precisely why piracy is a service problem. This is not accessibility, it's holding nostalgia for ransom.

.hack

skunkape
Years
Super underwhelming, ps1&2 and psp libraries need a lot more to interest me, ps3 library is all streaming so basically completely negligible for me lol.

Back