• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Draft Saving

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I feel like there should be a button when at least making a story that you could save your work. You know just in case you can't finish it right there or if you shut down your computer and forget to publish the story or chapter before hand. So when your computer turns back on, if you have the save draft you will have what you wrote, if not you have to rewrite the whole thing again. That just happened to me. Even if you suggest that I use Google Docs or Mircosoft Word before hand, in my opinion I shouldn't have to do that. You should be able to type it here with no complications. If there is already an option like that on here, please tell me. Other then that, I believe it should be here.

Thanks for reading this and hopping it would be added.

FlameChrome

Years
Let me add on to this, since someone was confused, or otherwise didnt get what my main idea was. My point was to make a button in the making or editing works (like stories), that will save a draft thats with your profile. So when you log in to your account you can work on it at any time. Not everyone can write the whole thing at once, some people have busy lives. I know I don't, but I'm making this suggestion for myself or anyone who's busy. Hopefully that clears some things up.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Even if you suggest that I use Google Docs or Mircosoft Word before hand, in my opinion I shouldn't have to do that. You should be able to type it here with no complications.
Going to be that person and say that for stories you probably should use such programs, as it's better to use word processing programs to review writing (proofreading, etc) to any forum preview.

That said, we do have a Personal Notepad on this page: https://www.pokecommunity.com/usercp.php You do have to remember to press save but it should work out.

Years
I don't know if I should really say this, since I'd feel bad about suggesting you spend money, but supporters have access to something called the scrapbox which allows for them to store numerous posts/threads. It's like the notepad but better.

FlameChrome

Years
I don't know if I should really say this, since I'd feel bad about suggesting you spend money, but supporters have access to something called the scrapbox which allows for them to store numerous posts/threads. It's like the notepad but better.

Bad thing about that is that i can't donate, i have no money.

FlameChrome

Years
Ah well, it happens. Maybe you'll earn supportership in an event or something. Until then the personal notepad previously mentioned should be plenty sufficient.

I usually dont know when events are happening, since im not on as much. Plus i usually dont enter them. Maybe art competition or story one for the heck of it. but thats about it.

Years
It would be a good idea to make your stories on google docs or microsoft word (Where they can be safely stored), and then copy and paste them here when you are done.

Back