Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

#526   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:12 PM).
Queer in the North

Nature: Bold
OH MAN

I'm finally watching
Spoiler:
the Stoutland episode and WOW I was NOT prepared for it to be this sad??????? Poor Litten. ;_;
  #527   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:10 PM).
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erik destler View Post
    OH MAN

I'm finally watching
    Spoiler:
    the Stoutland episode and WOW I was NOT prepared for it to be this sad??????? Poor Litten. ;_;
    Wait until Episode 108 and then come back and tell me whether it’s the saddest Episode you’ve seen. 108 will tug at your soul, although I wish they would have made a mention(or subtle nod) in Episode 39 or 72 to set 108 up. 26 isn’t too bad either, although I think 21 and 108 do a far, far better job. 55 and 59 might also tug at you a bit as well.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
      #528   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:55 PM).
    Fallen

Nature: Lonely
      I haven't watched much of the anime since Hoenn started because I wasn't a huge fan of Hoenn but some episodes here and there have caught my interest as well as some Sinnoh.

Tonight, mentioning 'The Mudkip Mention' in another thread gave me the urge to watch it and that somehow got me researching what Brock had done with his Onix which led me to the Pokemon Chronicles episode 'The Family the Battles Together Stays Together' which I am currently in the middle of watching. This episode follows Brock's return home to Pewter City after he parts ways with Ash and Misty at the end of Johto and for the first time, we meet his mother, Lola.

First of all, I was dumbfounded to read that Brock's mother makes an appearance because granted it's been years since I've watched it but I could have sworn that when we're introduced to Brock's family in 'Showdown in Pewter City', his mother is said to be deceased but I digress.

Watching Lola in this episode I am reminded of Misty, not just because she is a water Pokemon trainer but also her bubbly, feminine energy.
      I'm finding myself going from wishing Misty were there because she would probably beg Lola adopt her to wondering if Misty is, in fact, her daughter from an affair and Brock's half-sister. This could explain why her sisters, whom by the way she looks nothing like, isolate her.

I know I am seriously reaching here but I'm just finding the resemblance uncanny.

#529   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:50 PM).

Yeah the whole Brock's mom being dead and then not being dead did throw people for a loop but I draw upon my Star Wars knowledge and utilize Obi-Wan's take on things. Brock's Dad could be using that story to illicit sympathy for Brock while also looking at things from a certain point of view. A really bizarre and twisted point of view but a certain point of view nonetheless because he might feel she's dead to him when she loves Water Type Pokemon(who are the nemesis of Rock Type Pokemon that the Pewter Gym uses). Anyways, the Episode also highlighted Forrest taking over for Brock as its Gym Leader. Haven't really seen Forrest in action aside from a Nurse Joy challenging him to ensure hes competent enough to keep Pewter Gym open.

#530   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:50 AM).
        of pallet town

Nature: Gentle
        Or maybe it's simply the fact that it was retconned just like a few other things in the early episodes. :b

Quote:
        Originally Posted by erik destler View Post
        OH MAN

I'm finally watching
        Spoiler:
        The Sun Moon anime has quite a few emotional episodes and its great tbh! The one mentioned above aren't even all the ones that tugged on my heartstrings.
          #531   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:13 PM).

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post

First of all, I was dumbfounded to read that Brock's mother makes an appearance because granted it's been years since I've watched it but I could have sworn that when we're introduced to Brock's family in 'Showdown in Pewter City', his mother is said to be deceased but I digress.
          Brock's mother being dead was just a 4kids dub line, she wasn't mentioned to pass away in the original. Dogasu has the episode comparisons for years.

Quote:
          Watching Lola in this episode I am reminded of Misty, not just because she is a water Pokemon trainer but also her bubbly, feminine energy.
          I'm finding myself going from wishing Misty were there because she would probably beg Lola adopt her to wondering if Misty is, in fact, her daughter from an affair and Brock's half-sister. This could explain why her sisters, whom by the way she looks nothing like, isolate her.

I know I am seriously reaching here but I'm just finding the resemblance uncanny.
          Misty and Brock's mother aren't really anything alike. Pre-Togepi Misty had a temper and constantly complained, post-Togepi Misty was just overly motherly and demure. I don't see how either one of those gives you the impression of a bubbly happy-go-lucky character like Brock's mother.

In any case, Brock's Mudkip like most of his pokemon don't really do much of anything in the series and are very underused. Outside of Croagunk in DP, none of Brock's pokemon are really featured beyond their capture episode and maybe 1-2 random eps in the middle of the series. Mudkip wound up being the worst treated Hoenn starter of the series since it went to Brock.
            #532   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:08 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Quiji.
          Love Bites

Nature: Hardy
            I hate Lola so much. Like, Flint abandoning his family was bad enough, but I can't forgive Lola for doing the same thing and leaving Brock to fend for his siblings all by himself. Idgaf if it sounds sexist, but I don't think it's right for a mother to leave her kids without a very good excuse, and iirc Lola left for selfish reasons. So yeah, she can rot.~
              #533   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:31 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Liquid Halo.
            Fallen

Quote:
              Originally Posted by precita View Post
              Brock's mother being dead was just a 4kids dub line, she wasn't mentioned to pass away in the original. Dogasu has the episode comparisons for years.
              That's not surprising. Damn 4kids. :P

Quote:
              Misty and Brock's mother aren't really anything alike. Pre-Togepi Misty had a temper and constantly complained, post-Togepi Misty was just overly motherly and demure. I don't see how either one of those gives you the impression of a bubbly happy-go-lucky character like Brock's mother.
              What I meant was that I saw a lot of Misty's love for water Pokemon and ogling of all things adorable and feminine in Lola. I also saw a bit of facial resemblance but granted it was after midnight when I watched.
              My memory of Misty may be a bit fuzzy though.

Quote:
              In any case, Brock's Mudkip like most of his pokemon don't really do much of anything in the series and are very underused. Outside of Croagunk in DP, none of Brock's pokemon are really featured beyond their capture episode and maybe 1-2 random eps in the middle of the series. Mudkip wound up being the worst treated Hoenn starter of the series since it went to Brock.
              I didn't watch much Sinnoh but I found Brock's Croagunk incredibly cheesy, a reaching filler for the role of the interferer with Brock's womanizing in the absence of a human character that fit the bill (Misty originally then Max in gen 3).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
              I hate Lola so much. Like, Flint abandoning his family was bad enough, but I can't forgive Lola for doing the same thing and leaving Brock to fend for his siblings all by himself. Idgaf if it sounds sexist, but I don't think it's right for a mother to leave her kids without a very good excuse, and iirc Lola left for selfish reasons. So yeah, she can rot.~
              I agree both of Brock's parents are horrible; Flint is a little girl and Lola, for a woman who birthed ten children doesn't seem to have a maternal bone in her body. She's this horribly self-absorbed and irresponsible like 19-year-old on a permanent spring break.
              That aside though, she's feels so out of place and not just because she's a water Pokemon trainer in a Rock Pokemon focused family even for a character who is established to have been an absentee parent. It still feels like she's in a different region when she's in the same room with the entire family. There was just this utter absence of interactions, the younger children hardly even addressed her and Brock felt more like he was hating on some floozy new girlfriend that Flint had brought home in the fake 4kids scenario where his mother is dead.
              She doesn't even look like she contributed any DNA to any of her so-called children, again, she looks a lot more related to Misty.

#534   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (7:18 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Entei Fan.
              Canine pokemon fan

Quote:
                That's not surprising. Damn 4kids. :P
                Don't swear please on a pokemon forum

Besides "Ash promising he will come back for Pidgeot" is a 4kids lie too

BTW Being ontopic, Ash tells his butterfree that they just tell everyone (His Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Charmander and Squirtle) that he just left on a trip and he will comeback someday, despite that his Butterfree dying was just a translation error

Original nick - BH
                Name - Bartek
                  #535   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (3:17 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Liquid Halo.
                Fallen

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
                  Don't swear please on a pokemon forum
                  Trust me, 'damn' is actually my tame mode.

Quote:
                  Besides "Ash promising he will come back for Pidgeot" is a 4kids lie too

BTW Being ontopic, Ash tells his butterfree that they just tell everyone (His Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Charmander and Squirtle) that he just left on a trip and he will comeback someday, despite that his Butterfree dying was just a translation error
                  True, while he did reunite with Charizard it was Charizard that made the return.
                  I don't recall Butterfree being referenced as dying but granted nor do I remember when I last watched 'Bye Bye Butterfree'.

Netflix has the first gen but not all of it. I can't remember where it goes up to, either a bit before or during the league episodes. Or so it was last I checked. I wish it had the other gens as well.

#536   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (3:55 PM).
                  of pallet town

I think when I used Netflix to watch the original series it went through the whole original and a little into Orange League before I had to find another way to continue watching. Disney NOW is a saint bc it actually has every episode if you're able to access it via a cable provider.
                    #537   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (6:22 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Ash View Post
                    I think when I used Netflix to watch the original series it went through the whole original and a little into Orange League before I had to find another way to continue watching. Disney NOW is a saint bc it actually has every episode if you're able to access it via a cable provider.
                    I can confirm Disney has every Episode in Standard Definition(and I mean every Episode that was released for English Dub. Sorry if I meant that the Porygon and Tauros Episodes were also there). High Definition is a bit weird though. They have the first 52 and a bit after that going into the League and part of the Orange Islands(if not all of it) and even Johto if memory serves before jumping all the way to Season 12 or last third of Diamond and Pearl, all of Unova, all of Kalos and most of Sun and Moon. Really, really weird but eh what do I know. Pretty sure their Disney Now App allows you to watch all the Episodes via streaming it provided you have internet access. Not sure if it requires a valid Cable Provider as well to view them via the App. Granted I've not downloaded the app so I wouldn't know what they have on there.

Been watching the How to Train our Dragon series that was on Netflix years ago. Have to admit that its not half bad.

#538   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (8:36 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Entei Fan.
                    Canine pokemon fan

Quote:
                      Trust me, 'damn' is actually my tame mode.

True, while he did reunite with Charizard it was Charizard that made the return.
                      I don't recall Butterfree being referenced as dying but granted nor do I remember when I last watched 'Bye Bye Butterfree'.
                      1.Right
                      2.He didn't, it was most likely a mistranslation of Shison (offspring) being heard as Shisou (death), then again ButterFLIES DO die aftewr they mate, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from

Quote:
                      Disney NOW is a saint bc it actually has every episode if you're able to access it via a cable provider.
                      Funny, in poland Pokemon was never on CN, the "Diamond & pearl" season and onward aired on Jetix/Disney XD

Besides, we DO get actor changes in D&P (with Ash now having a male voice), but Battle dimension had the return of Ash's & Brock's original VA

Original nick - BH
                      Name - Bartek
                        #539   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (8:54 AM).
                      of pallet town

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                      snip
                      Last i checked (which isnt much of a check bc i sign in before watching) is that most episodes on the app/site are locked behind a key so you need to login with a cable provider. But after that you have full access! Finished Advanced, working through Battle zfrontier, and next is sinnoh for me!
                        #540   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (10:21 AM).

Back when I was doing my Top Series topic, I literally spent like a month, if not more, re-watching every bloody episode from the Anime. Can not tell you how many hours I spent watching the same old "Pokemon of the Day" plot. I then got into watching the Japanese Dub(got through most of Indigo before I stopped and did a few Episodes in Sinnoh out of curiosity) and its like night and day between the two. The 4Kids influence is really, really noticeable as well and the English Dub is frankly at a disadvantage when the native dub has the OST in the later series/regions. OST alone gives a far different vibe on so many episodes that one can come to a far different conclusion on a region and its characters.

#541   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (12:25 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Liquid Halo.
                        Fallen

Quote:
                          1.Right
                          2.He didn't, it was most likely a mistranslation of Shison (offspring) being heard as Shisou (death), then again ButterFLIES DO die aftewr they mate, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from
                          Wow, so it was a case of the 4Kids translator mishearing a word and I can see how easy that would have been to do.

Quote:
                          Besides, we DO get actor changes in D&P (with Ash now having a male voice), but Battle dimension had the return of Ash's & Brock's original VA
                          I've not watched past Sinnoh with the exception of the Mewtwo and Genosect movie which I thought incredibly dumb but I loved Ash's Sinnoh voice, at last, he sounded like he'd aged even and hit puberty even though it's been made official that he doesn't.

BTW I'd watched 'A Mudkip Mission' and 'A Whalord of a Time' on Dailymotion and the Chronical episodes with Brock's family here:
                          https://www.pokeflix.tv/video/pokemon-chronicles-cerulean-blues/?autoplay
                          I'd ended up watching 'Cerulean Blues', Misty's in-between story after 'The Family that Battles Together Stays Together' because it was the next episode and I was curious about her as well.

Apparently, there is an episode where the same Agent Joy that appears in 'Cerulean Blues' evaluates Pewter Gym via battling with Forrest to test his capabilities as a leader but it was never aired internationally so doesn't have a dub.

#542   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Week Ago (12:53 PM).
                          Love Bites

Nature: Hardy
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                            I can confirm Disney has every Episode in Standard Definition(and I mean every Episode that was released for English Dub. Sorry if I meant that the Porygon and Tauros Episodes were also there).
                            Even the Christmas one from Kanto and the two recently-banned episodes from OI where Jynx made cameos?
                              #543   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (3:46 PM).
                            of pallet town

Quote:
                            Even the Christmas one from Kanto and the two recently-banned episodes from OI where Jynx made cameos?
                            idk about the Christmas one but there's no banned episodes on Disney NOW. Those are exceptions I believe. On the other hand they also have the movies. Once I'm finished with Battle Frontier I'm going to watch all the Hoenn Movies before moving on and watching Sinnoh.

But yeah there's a huge difference between dubbed and the original. Even today there's quite a different but nothing like back when 4Kids was doing the dub.
                              #544   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (4:44 PM).

Quote:
                              It would appear, seeing as I have a Cable provider with an On Demand cable box, that "Beauty at the Beach"(Episode where James had inflatable Breasts. Despite that, the Episode was great because it set-up an exchange later on in the series between Jessie and Misty in Eevee Brothers Episode in Japanese Dub), "Legend of Dratini"(Episode banned due to Guns and where Ash catches 30 Tauros), "Cyber Soldier Porygon"(Kids suffered seizures, hence banned), and "Holiday Hi-Jynx"(Xmas Episode with Jynx) are all unavailable. If there's a 2nd Jynx Episode, I don't see it either so alas those are unavailable. Not surprising since its Disney... they wouldn't allow SuMo64 to air(even if the decision not to air it was I believe TPC's, I still think Disney would have objected).

#545   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (6:33 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Entei Fan.
                              Canine pokemon fan

Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                Quote:
                                Wow, so it was a case of the 4Kids translator mishearing a word and I can see how easy that would have been to do.

I've not watched past Sinnoh with the exception of the Mewtwo and Genosect movie which I thought incredibly dumb but I loved Ash's Sinnoh voice, at last, he sounded like he'd aged even and hit puberty even though it's been made official that he doesn't.

BTW I'd watched 'A Mudkip Mission' and 'A Whalord of a Time' on Dailymotion and the Chronical episodes with Brock's family here:
                                https://www.pokeflix.tv/video/pokemon-chronicles-cerulean-blues/?autoplay
                                I'd ended up watching 'Cerulean Blues', Misty's in-between story after 'The Family that Battles Together Stays Together' because it was the next episode and I was curious about her as well.
                                1.Either that or fans misterstood the line and thought that Ash's Butterfree died in the original japanese version before seeing Dogasu Backpack
                                2.Yeah, when watched some YTPs i thought Veronica Taylor matured her Ash's voice thwen i learned that in the last Advanced series, PCI took over 4kids
                                3.And no we in poland never get the pokemon chronicles episodes, neither pokemon origins nor pikachus shorts after Pikachu & Pichu

Original nick - BH
                                Name - Bartek
                                  #546   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Days Ago (2:45 PM).
                                of pallet town

I've been watching basically all of Hoenn and Sinnoh so I can finally have watched every series and let me tell you going from Battle Frontier to Sinnoh Sarah's voice is just so much better in Sinnoh! She was very rough in Battle Frontier and kind of grating so far but Sinnoh onward I really adore her voicing Ash. She's no Rica (no one can ever be lol) but in my opinion her voice suits Ash so much more. The higher pitch in her acting just works in my opinion and I feel like there's more emotion in her voice too (once shes more used to the role anyways)!
                                  #547   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Days Ago (2:53 PM).
                                lover of milotics

Quote:
                                I've been watching basically all of Hoenn and Sinnoh so I can finally have watched every series and let me tell you going from Battle Frontier to Sinnoh Sarah's voice is just so much better in Sinnoh! She was very rough in Battle Frontier and kind of grating so far but Sinnoh onward I really adore her voicing Ash. She's no Rica (no one can ever be lol) but in my opinion her voice suits Ash so much more. The higher pitch in her acting just works in my opinion and I feel like there's more emotion in her voice too (once shes more used to the role anyways)!
                                I think I'd have to agree. o:

I really started to like her voice around the Sinnoh area (I think she improved from battle frontier!). I look forward to her continued improvements. <33
                                  #548   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Days Ago (3:00 PM).
                                of pallet town

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
                                I think I'd have to agree. o:

I really started to like her voice around the Sinnoh area (I think she improved from battle frontier!). I look forward to her continued improvements. <33
                                She definitely did! Her voice in Sinnoh is like phenomenally better than Battle Frontier! I think during BF she was trying to be too much like Veronica's voice for Ash (with a bit of a raspy tone to it)? And it just didn't work well with her. But once she dropped it and raised the pitch she was really solid! Can't wait to see her improve as well!!

(and for the record in case anyone misreads she's no Rica bc Rica is the best but she's better than Veronica I forgot to finish the sentence fully lmaoo).
                                  #549   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Days Ago (7:30 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by Entei Fan.
                                Canine pokemon fan

Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                  Quote:
                                  She's no Rica (no one can ever be lol)
                                  Man even mrs Masako Nozawa's Goku isn't that normally deep, mrs. Rica/Rika's Satoshi/Red is deep as f*ck O_o

BTW does it fits to anime timeline? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRZK07kK6M is mrs. Rica, Satoshi's auntie in the original too?

BTW speaking of anime topic, i heard Ash swored in the polish version, does this happened in the USA dub too? He's the line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opEOzeZPL3o 00:27-00:29

Original nick - BH
                                  Name - Bartek
                                    #550   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 3 Days Ago (7:36 AM).
                                  of pallet town

What does being deep have to do with /anything/????? I was more talking about how no one could ever match the role as well as Rica anyways :)

Also no

Quick Reply