Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Ad Content

#526   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old October 14th, 2018 (11:55 PM).

So, are there any working IV and EV Gameshark or AR codes? I’m one of those people who likes to play through the game with ideal Pokémon.
      #527   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old October 16th, 2018 (7:43 AM).
    PkmnTrainer

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jalpseon View Post
      So, are there any working IV and EV Gameshark or AR codes? I’m one of those people who likes to play through the game with ideal Pokémon.
      Gameshark codes in general don't seem to work on the game.
        #528   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old October 17th, 2018 (10:25 PM).
      Don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chronosplit View Post
        I'm not sure if this was reported, but there seems to be a bug with the new cries and Growl. Every now and then the Growl "voice" glitches up, and you hear some odd, high pitched sounds before the cry.

EDIT: Also I ran into a text overflow, right here.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dsbn View Post
        Found a small text bug. When opponent uses Sticky Web, the text says "Foe (pokemon) is affected..." but the slow animation still shows properly on your team.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by curiters123 View Post
        the game freeze if you have reckless ability + recoil move and you use on enemy with ability aftermath
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Deep in the forest .... View Post
        Hi i reaaly love ur game- what a fantastic hack.
        And i found a bug(maybe) I battled kyurem with bisharp(my bisharp ability is defiant) in unknown dungeon.Kyurem has icy wind and scary face right?It reduced my bisharp speed and activated defiant abi.until the third time defiant actived the game crashed.i tried like 10+ time and the gam still crashed so ->-> when active defiant abi 3 time the game crash?!! (Sorry for my bad english i am vietnamese
        Thank you all for the reports! I'll look into these issues to hopefully have them fixed in the next update! :)

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jastolze007 View Post
        Hey, I love your game. I especially love that the VS Seeker is instant. I was asking around on how to do that in one of my FR hacks, but the one alternative was pretty lengthy and a bit complicated. Would you mind showing me what you did?
        PM me if you are still interested. :)

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jalpseon View Post
        There are two different items that tell you the IVs and EVs of your Pokemon. The two items are the IV checker (0x71) and the EV checker (0x72). You might be able to hack in these items into your inventory if nothing else works. In addition, the status screen shows a star next to a Pokemon's stat if the IV for the particular stat is very good.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Garnet__ View Post
        Hey, dont know why, but after patching the firered rom, the image crashes in NO$GBA and fails to load in Desmume. Do you know why?
        Odd, no clue why I wouldn't work on other emulators. The emulator I use is VBA; if it does not work on VBA, the issue might be with the patching.
          #529   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old October 21st, 2018 (4:32 AM). Edited October 30th, 2018 by dsbn.

A few more minor issues:

Freeze Dry is a bit buggy on dual type water pokemon (should be super effective against water types but it doesnt register properly ex Skrelp and Volcanion; damage done and text says "not very effective"). Also, the description is that of a draining attack (Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain).

Gogoat should be able to learn Surf but is unable to.

Unburden ability activates but does not show the increase speed animation on the pokemon. Minor issue.

Trying to heal your pokemon with nurse Joy in Rush tower causes the game to crash. Text slowly lags, then the screen flickers blue-black, then the game and emulator hangs. Not really game breaking since you can heal elsewhere.

Recoil moves seem to do a bit more damage to the user than usual? Should be 10% for Flare Blitz and Wild Charge but seems to do 30%, whereas Head Smash should do 50% to the user but only does 30%. Might be a consistency thing, and if is the case just disregard this.

Would appreciate a list of moves the move tutor in Rush Tower teaches since she does notnshow you if you dot have enough BP (how much is enough?).

MAJOR ISSUE: Quite difficult to explain so I'll explain the scenario instead:

Fighting Dojo Master fight

DM: *sends out Sawk*
          Me: *sends out Serperior* *uses Aerial Ace*, Sawk down to 50% HP
          Sawk uses Brick Break, Serperior down to 30% (not full health to begin with)
          Serperior uses Aerial Ace, 10% HP remain.
          Sawk uses Brick Break, KO Serperior.
          Me: *sends out Mincinno*
          Sawk, uses Brick Break, KO Mincinno (surprised he was faster lol)
          Me: *sends out Pyroar* *uses Lava Plume* Sawk KO
          DM: *sends out Throh*
          Pyroar uses Charming Cry, Throh down to 65% HP.
          Throah uses Bulk Up.
          Pyroar uses Lava Plume, Throh down to 15% HP.

Here's the bug part:

Throh uses Circle Throw, KO's Pyroar, immediately sends out Drilbur lvl 10 without me choosing (Drilbur for HM). Game then asks me to select a pokemon to switch to EVEN IF DRILBUR WAS ALREADY SWITCHED IN AUTOMATICALLY. Since my entire team was wiped out and I had a Revive, I chose Drilbur, who was already out (I tried cancelling but the game wouldnt let me) to but time for a Revive. Drilbur is sent out again, but his sprite now bugged and so is his name. Game crashes.

Will edit this post to avoid multiple posting.

These are all so far. Sorry for the lack of screenshots.
            #530   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 2nd, 2018 (3:58 AM).

Hello, any update on all the locations for where you can find each Pokemon?
            As the otaku plaza thread seem to be outdated? Been looking everywhere for certain Pokemon that do not show up at the locations they're listed on there
            Thanks
              #531   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 2nd, 2018 (8:04 AM).

This is my favorite ROM hack. No unrealistically high number of Pokemon and a great number of features that really makes for a fresh take on FireRed. Well done!
                #532   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old December 2nd, 2018 (1:50 AM).
              Don't be like me!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dsbn View Post
                A few more minor issues:

Freeze Dry is a bit buggy on dual type water pokemon (should be super effective against water types but it doesnt register properly ex Skrelp and Volcanion; damage done and text says "not very effective"). Also, the description is that of a draining attack (Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain).

Gogoat should be able to learn Surf but is unable to.

Unburden ability activates but does not show the increase speed animation on the pokemon. Minor issue.

Trying to heal your pokemon with nurse Joy in Rush tower causes the game to crash. Text slowly lags, then the screen flickers blue-black, then the game and emulator hangs. Not really game breaking since you can heal elsewhere.

Recoil moves seem to do a bit more damage to the user than usual? Should be 10% for Flare Blitz and Wild Charge but seems to do 30%, whereas Head Smash should do 50% to the user but only does 30%. Might be a consistency thing, and if is the case just disregard this.

Would appreciate a list of moves the move tutor in Rush Tower teaches since she does notnshow you if you dot have enough BP (how much is enough?).

MAJOR ISSUE: Quite difficult to explain so I'll explain the scenario instead:

Fighting Dojo Master fight

DM: *sends out Sawk*
                Me: *sends out Serperior* *uses Aerial Ace*, Sawk down to 50% HP
                Sawk uses Brick Break, Serperior down to 30% (not full health to begin with)
                Serperior uses Aerial Ace, 10% HP remain.
                Sawk uses Brick Break, KO Serperior.
                Me: *sends out Mincinno*
                Sawk, uses Brick Break, KO Mincinno (surprised he was faster lol)
                Me: *sends out Pyroar* *uses Lava Plume* Sawk KO
                DM: *sends out Throh*
                Pyroar uses Charming Cry, Throh down to 65% HP.
                Throah uses Bulk Up.
                Pyroar uses Lava Plume, Throh down to 15% HP.

Here's the bug part:

Throh uses Circle Throw, KO's Pyroar, immediately sends out Drilbur lvl 10 without me choosing (Drilbur for HM). Game then asks me to select a pokemon to switch to EVEN IF DRILBUR WAS ALREADY SWITCHED IN AUTOMATICALLY. Since my entire team was wiped out and I had a Revive, I chose Drilbur, who was already out (I tried cancelling but the game wouldnt let me) to but time for a Revive. Drilbur is sent out again, but his sprite now bugged and so is his name. Game crashes.

Will edit this post to avoid multiple posting.

These are all so far. Sorry for the lack of screenshots.
                I appreciate the report! I'll definitely have to look into these issues! I'm surprised some of these issues passed :O

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AlphaDrogon View Post
                Hello, any update on all the locations for where you can find each Pokemon?
                As the otaku plaza thread seem to be outdated? Been looking everywhere for certain Pokemon that do not show up at the locations they're listed on there
                Thanks
                Should still be mostly accurate, but I might have to look at it again. Which Pokemon are you looking for?
                  #533   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old December 2nd, 2018 (4:24 AM).

Nature: Timid
                  can u remove reckless being hit by aftermath cause its annoying everytime im using emboar and i fight pokes with aftermath abilities i got hang
                    #534   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old December 3rd, 2018 (7:00 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2018 by PkmnTrainerKonner.
                  PkmnTrainer

Is the Genesect in Cerulean Cave meant to be shiny or did I just get extremely lucky? Also how can I get Espeon and Umbreon since there's no day and night cycle?
                    Attached Images
                    File Type: jpg shinygenesectkb.jpg‎ (247.2 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      #535   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old March 12th, 2019 (12:11 AM). Edited March 12th, 2019 by PageEmperor.
                    I AM DEATH MACHINE

Well, after god knows how long, I’m back after playing your hack, and I must ask, where can I get a thunderstone here? It’s not being sold at the department store as much as I know, does it become purchasable later like the trade stone? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Okay I completed the 6th gym, now I have the Thunderstone. Everything is fine now.
                        #536   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (10:36 PM). Edited 4 Days Ago by Mystery Man.
                      Don't be like me!

I noticed that the link to the FAQ no longer works, which is not cool, so I'll just copy and paste it here to this post. I also added a few more questions and answers to address a few of the inquiries I missed (apologies for answering so late!) and some others that I think would be very helpful to have:

FAQ

Difficulty

A more concise description of the difficulty modes:
                        Spoiler:
                        Trainer Modes:
                        Normal => boss trainers fight like in the official games, often having stupid sets.
                        Challenge => like B2W2 challenge mode, maybe a little bit harder.
                        Omega => Leaders have 6 Pokemon with more challenging sets. They use legendary Pokemon towards the end of the game.

Effort Values on Trainers:
                        On => boss trainers use EVs
                        Off => boss trainers don't use EVs, just like in the main games outside of battle facilities.

Note on items: trainers do not use items in battle whatsoever. You are welcome to make the same restriction onto yourself for perhaps fairer match ups.

How do I change the difficulty?
                        Spoiler:
                        Interact with the game console in your ROM. Refer to the information under "Difficulty Modes" to know exactly what it entails. It is in easy mode by default.

What's the best difficulty mode for Nuzlockes?
                        Spoiler:
                        The easiest difficulty is based off of the official games, so I would go with that unless you want a good reason to hate me. :D

Why is set mode in the difficulty rating system script? I can change it anytime.
                        Spoiler:
                        Because it increases difficulty? So you do not have to go back all the way to Pallet Town in case you do not like Set mode when grinding, just like in the official games? Why do I need to force it again? Not many people liked it, so why?

u ****ing dumb*** scrafty is not a dragon type so why does lance have it
                        Spoiler:
                        Until generation 5, Gym Leaders didn't strictly adhere to their types of specialization. Remember Lance, the Dragon master, in the original RBY and FR/LG? Remember Diamond and Pearl's Elite Four? Johto's Elite Four also had a few type deviants (namely everyone except the Psychic guy)

As to why I am not making them adhere to one type, the Pokemon not of their type either:
                        1) matches a generation 1 Pokemon they had.
                        2) matches them thematically.
                        3) helps them strategically

Items

Does this hack have all of the evolution stones the 5th/6th generation Pokemon use?
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, the evolution stones are in!

Where did the fossil guy go?
                        Spoiler:
                        Two Island Game Corner for earlier access.

Where can I find the VS Seeker?
                        Spoiler:
                        Talk to the Ace Trainer in the Vermilion City Pokemon Center.

What do the seeds do i.e. Life Seed?
                        Spoiler:
                        They raise the IV of an individual stat by a couple of points. You can buy these seeds in the battle facilities such as the one in Rainbow Island.

Area Access

Where is this so-called "Trick House"?
                        Spoiler:
                        The Trick House is in Rainbow Island (the route before Vermilion in the previous versions). You'll need to buy the Prismticket from the mysterious man inside Celadon Mansion/Condominiums.

When can I start the Sevii Islands quests?
                        Spoiler:
                        To start the first one, just defeat Lt. Surge and leave Vermilion City.
                        The second one can be started after defeating Sabrina.
                        The last one can be started after defeating the Elite Four (first wave). To start this one, go up the waterfall in Icefall Cave.

How do I go to Rainbow Island?
                        Spoiler:
                        The vendor of the ticket to Rainbow Island is in the Celadon Condominiums, the other big building besides the department store.

How do I solve the Altering Cave puzzle?
                        Spoiler:

How do I find the second Team Rocket warehouse password?
                        Spoiler:
                        You are supposed to beat the main game first. Afterwards, you will be provided HM Waterfall that will allow you to access a Team Rocket event in Four Island's cave.

Evolution

Where can I get the evolution stones?
                        Spoiler:
                        One merchant is in the Celadon Department Store and the other is in Saffron City after you clear Team Rocket.

Are the evolution levels the same?
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes. I know it is a little inconvenient, but when distributing the Pokemon, I did take into account the level at which they evolve.

Why can't my Pokemon learn this move?
                        Spoiler:
                        Probably an oversight, please report all such instances. :)

How do I evolve Eevee into its other forms besides the original three?
                        Spoiler:
                        You'll find colored stones in the overworld in the Sevii Islands and Rainbow Island.

Battle System

Why did X get a buff? It was already strong enough.
                        Spoiler:
                        1) It makes sense thematically, to me. 2) Important boss strategy. 3) It was a decent to good Pokemon at best. When you have Pokemon like Chandelure and Haxorus (of which I am not going to deliberately nerf), the decent Pokemon struggle to find their places lategame. The aim with the buffs is to give them staying power and, if they are lategame Pokemon, be more rewarding to raise.

Are all later generation abilities, moves, and battle items in?
                        Spoiler:
                        No, and I do not know of a single 3rd generation hack that has everything later generations have. It has most, to give you an estimate. This is still in development, so more will be added as time passes. If you are wondering if Froakie can have Protean in this hack, then yes, it can. Yes, Talonflame can have Gale Wings.

Does Aegislash have Stance Change?
                        Spoiler:
                        Nope, I don't think Stance Change was figured out back during this hacks primary phases of development. Since Stance Change is absent, Aegislash was made to be an improved Doublade with the following attributes;

Base Stats
                        HP: 60
                        Attack: 150
                        Defense: 150
                        Sp. Atk: 45
                        Sp. Def: 75
                        Speed: 60

Ability; No Guard

Ridiculous? Game Freak Aegislash is also ridiculous. I wanted to keep that about it.

Does Archeops have Defeatist?
                        Spoiler:
                        Nope. Here are its new stats:

HP: 70
                        Attack: 125
                        Defense: 59
                        Sp. Atk: 102
                        Sp. Def: 59
                        Speed: 100

Ability: Run Away

Development

I found an error. This hack is so broken.
                        Spoiler:
                        Expect a lot more. This is why I am calling it a beta. Odd how < version 1.00 wasn't justification enough for this. Anyways, 1) this project took tons of work, and for the most part, I can say most things work, but I would like for people to report the errors to me so that they could be fixed. Also, this is using MrDollSteak's patch. While really nifty, it still is not perfect, so expect a few battle related bugs. Do report them as I may be able to fix some of them.

Is this hack finished?
                        Spoiler:
                        It's a complete game with a finished main game and a fair amount of post game. I might add more features in the future, however.

Does this hack have all 5th and 6th generation Pokemon? Can I obtain them all?
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, with exception to a few alternate forms. You can also garner Eevee and its evolutions.

Tirtouga can learn Ice Punch. Do you even logic?
                        Spoiler:
                        TM editing is tedious. Very time consuming. To save time, I just copy and pasted the fully evolved Pokemon's compatibilities to their pre-evolutions. "lol Carracosta Ice Punch." I thought it would be nice to give it a good physical Ice type move. Also, Wooper can learn Ice Punch too, so go destroy Game Freak with your Aristotle-tier logic abilities while you are at it.

Are the 5th and 6th generation Pokemon added or do they replace Pokemon?
                        Spoiler:
                        No. They replace the first generation Pokemon. The second generation Pokemon are replaced by the 6th generation Pokemon.

Obtaining Pokemon

How do I evolve Pokemon that normally evolve through trade?
                        Spoiler:
                        Enigma Stone (Celadon Department Store): Pumpkaboo, Phantump, Spritzee, Swirlix, Karrablast, Shelmet, Eevee.
                        Trade Stone: Boldore, Gurdurr

Where can I get Tyrunt/Amaura?
                        Spoiler:
                        After doing Lostelle's quest, go into the cave that is located near Three Island's port.

Where can I find Eevee?
                        Spoiler:
                        Gentleman in a Five Island islet. Also, maybe the egg shop in Four Island.

How can I get Floette's alternate form?
                        Spoiler:
                        While Floette's eternal form as well as its associated events are kind of finished in the game, it remains inaccessible as of 2.08.

Anyway to do something like a Wonderlocke?
                        Spoiler:
                        Not a Wonderlocke exactly, but in Pewter City, there is a building called the Wonder Egg Shop where you can buy eggs that can hatch into any Pokemon in their first form besides legendaries.

What are the locations of the Pokemon?
                        Spoiler:
                        Snivy … Egg Shop
                        Servine …
                        Serperior …
                        Tepig … Egg Shop
                        Pignite …
                        Emboar …
                        Oshawott … Egg Shop
                        Dewott …
                        Samurott …
                        Patrat … Route 1
                        Watchog …
                        Lillipup … Route 1
                        Herdier …
                        Stoutland …
                        Purrloin … Route 1
                        Liepard …
                        Pansage … Gift depending on starter, Route 2
                        Simisage …
                        Pansear … Gift depending on starter, Route 3
                        Simisear …
                        Panpour … Gift depending on starter, Route 4
                        Simipour …
                        Munna … Mt. Moon
                        Musharna …
                        Pidove … Route 2, Viridian Forest
                        Tranquill …
                        Unfezant …
                        Blitzle … Viridian Forest
                        Zebstrika …
                        Roggenrola … Mt. Moon
                        Boldore …
                        Gigalith …
                        Woobat … Mt. Moon
                        Swoobat …
                        Drilbur … Mt. Moon, Drilbur's Tunnel
                        Excadrill …
                        Audino … Safari Zone
                        Timburr … Mt. Moon
                        Gurdurr …
                        Conkeldurr …
                        Tympole … Route 4
                        Palpitoad …
                        Seismitoad …
                        Throh … Fighting Dojo
                        Sawk … Fighting Dojo
                        Sewaddle … Viridian Forest
                        Swadloon …
                        Leavanny …
                        Venipede … Viridian Forest
                        Whirlipede …
                        Scolipede …
                        Cottonee … Route 24
                        Whimsicott …
                        Petilil … Route 24
                        Lilligant …
                        Basculin … Mt. Moon Pokémon Center, Rod
                        Sandile … Rock Tunnel
                        Krokorok …
                        Krookodile …
                        Darumaka … Rock Tunnel
                        Darmanitan …
                        Maractus … Safari Zone
                        Dwebble … Mt. Moon
                        Crustle …
                        Scraggy … Rock Tunnel
                        Scrafty …
                        Sigilyph … Rock Tunnel
                        Yamask … Rock Tunnel
                        Co***rigus …
                        Tirtouga … Fossil--talk to Two Island scientists to revive
                        Carracosta …
                        Archen … Fossil--talk to Two Island scientists to revive
                        Archeops …
                        Trubbish … Rock Tunnel?
                        Garbodor …
                        Zorua … Gift in Celadon City, Egg Shop
                        Zoroark …
                        Minccino … Route 5
                        Cinccino …
                        Gothita … Pokémon Tower
                        Gothorita …
                        Gothitelle …
                        Solosis … Route 8
                        Duosion …
                        Reuniclus …
                        Ducklett … Route 4
                        Swanna …
                        Vanillite … Trade, Game Corner
                        Vanillish …
                        Vanilluxe …
                        Deerling … Route 11
                        Sawsbuck …
                        Emolga … Route 10
                        Karrablast … Safari Zone
                        Escavalier …
                        Foongus … Power Plant, Route 7
                        Amoonguss …
                        Frillish … ???
                        Jellicent …
                        Alomomola … ???
                        Joltik … Route 10
                        Galvantula …
                        Ferroseed … Route 7
                        Ferrothorn …
                        Klink … Game Corner
                        Klang …
                        Klinklang …
                        Tynamo … Power Plant, Rock Smash needed (no need for Surf)
                        Eelektrik …
                        Eelektross …
                        Elgyem … Rock Tunnel
                        Beheeyem …
                        Litwick … Pokémon Tower
                        Lampent …
                        Chandelure …
                        Axew … Game Corner
                        Fraxure …
                        Haxorus …
                        Cubchoo … Game Corner
                        Beartic …
                        Cryogonal … Seafoam Islands
                        Shelmet … Safari Zone
                        Accelgor …
                        Stunfisk … Route 10 (water?)
                        Mienfoo … Seafoam Islands
                        Mienshao …
                        Druddigon … Victory Road, Six Island
                        Golett … Lavender Tower
                        Golurk …
                        Pawniard … Cinnabar Mansion
                        Bisharp …
                        Bouffalant … Safari Zone
                        Rufflet … Route 21, Route 23
                        Braviary …
                        Vullaby … Route 21, Route 23
                        Mandibuzz …
                        Heatmor … Cinnabar Mansion
                        Durant … Cinnabar Mansion
                        Deino … Cinnabar Mansion, Victory Road
                        Zweilous …
                        Hydreigon …
                        Larvesta … Gift in Silph Co, Egg Shop
                        Volcarona …
                        Cobalion … Seafoam Islands
                        Terrakion … Victory Road
                        Virizion … Power Plant
                        Tornadus … roaming (more hints provided in the first post)
                        Thundurus … roaming (more hints provided in the first post)
                        Reshiram … Navel Rock
                        Zekrom … Navel Rock
                        Landorus … Cerulean Cave
                        Kyurem … Cerulean Cave
                        Keldeo … Cerulean Cave
                        Meloetta … Clear the main game
                        Genesect … Cerulean Cave
                        Victini … Victory/Birth Island
                        Chespin … Gift, Egg Shop
                        Quilladin …
                        Chesnaught …
                        Fennekin … Gift, Egg Shop
                        Braixen …
                        Delphox …
                        Froakie … Gift, Egg Shop
                        Frogadier …
                        Greninja …
                        Bunnelby … One Island, Two Island
                        Diggersby …
                        Fletchling … One Island
                        Fletchinder …
                        Talonflame …
                        Scatterbug … Three Island
                        Spewpa …
                        Vivillon …
                        Litleo … One Island
                        Pyroar …
                        Flabébé … Three Island
                        Floette …
                        Florges …
                        Skiddo … Two Island
                        Gogoat …
                        Pancham … Berry Forest
                        Pangoro …
                        Furfrou … Two Island
                        Espurr … Two Island
                        Meowstic …
                        Honedge … Six Island (canyons)
                        Doublade …
                        Aegislash …
                        Spritzee … Three Island
                        Aromatisse …
                        Swirlix … Three Island
                        Slurpuff …
                        Inkay … Berry Forest
                        Malamar …
                        Binacle … One Island (?)
                        Barbaracle …
                        Skrelp … Four Island, Five Island (?)
                        Dragalge …
                        Clauncher … One Island, Three Island
                        Clawitzer …
                        Helioptile … One Island
                        Heliolisk …
                        Tyrunt … Fossil in the Three Island cave after you complete first Sevii Islands quest.
                        Tyrantrum …
                        Amaura … Fossil in the Three Island cave after you complete first Sevii Islands quest.
                        Aurorus …
                        Sylveon …
                        Hawlucha … Six Island (canyons)
                        Dedenne … Three Island
                        Carbink … Mt. Ember
                        Goomy … Five Island
                        Sliggoo …
                        Goodra …
                        Klefki … Four Island, Lost Cave
                        Phantump … Berry Forest
                        Trevenant …
                        Pumpkaboo … Berry Forest
                        Gourgeist …
                        Bergmite … Three Island (after tunnel is expanded for completing Lostelle's quest)
                        Avalugg …
                        Noibat … Lost Cave
                        Noivern …
                        Xerneas … Navel Rock
                        Yveltal … Navel Rock
                        Zygarde … Lost Cave
                        Diancie … Altering Cave
                        Hoopa … Ruins in Seven Island
                        Volcanion … Mt. Ember
                        Eevee … Five Island egg, Egg Shop

#537   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (5:07 AM).
                        PkmnTrainer

Any chances for a future update that could expand the game and maybe add the Johto region and some Pokemon from Alola?
                            #538   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Week Ago (11:40 AM).
                          Don't be like me!

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerKonner View Post
                            Any chances for a future update that could expand the game and maybe add the Johto region and some Pokemon from Alola?
                            I'm not so sure. I think the game is long enough as far as content goes, though I have been entertaining the thought of adding more postgame, like maybe one or two more islands with a difficult postgame dungeon in one of them. I've also had ideas for another weirder battle facility. These islands would have some of the more interesting Pokemon from the other generations, including Alola, since I have kind of exhausted the 5th and 6th generation Pokemon as far as strategies go.
                              #539   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (12:06 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                              Really wanted to ask as to which difficulty setting is good for Nuzlocking, the easy or the moderate level? Thank you!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJvdPIaw_I&t=0s&index=2&list=PLsuvStRRCL-oDnKSJNqADkflisD8ItoOu

This project (4 tracks in total) of mine is dedicated to each one of you waging a war against your Inner demons. You've got this.
                                #540   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (12:13 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Mystery Man.
                              Don't be like me!

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                                Really wanted to ask as to which difficulty setting is good for Nuzlocking, the easy or the moderate level? Thank you!
                                I would go with "Normal" for trainer sets since I based the trainer sets in that mode off of the official games moreso than anything else. "Challenge" and "Omega", I reckon, would have too many unpleasant surprises for a nuzlocker. So yeah, the easy difficulty.
                                  #541   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 1 Week Ago (4:24 AM).

Say, can someone please tell me where I can find a shiny stone to evolve my Minccino? Thank you!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJvdPIaw_I&t=0s&index=2&list=PLsuvStRRCL-oDnKSJNqADkflisD8ItoOu

This project (4 tracks in total) of mine is dedicated to each one of you waging a war against your Inner demons. You've got this.
                                    #542   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (4:55 AM).
                                  PkmnTrainerKonner PkmnTrainerKonner is offline
                                  PkmnTrainer

Quote:
                                    Say, can someone please tell me where I can find a shiny stone to evolve my Minccino? Thank you!
                                    Celadon City Pokemart.
                                      #543   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 6 Days Ago (7:59 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerKonner View Post
                                      Celadon City Pokemart.
                                      Thank you so much!

#544   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 5 Days Ago (11:12 AM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Mystery Man.
                                      Don't be like me!

After addressing the initial FAQ issue, I have come to realize how much of a fantastical unreadable mess the document was, so I have decided to give it a structure and format it appropriately. I have also added new questions that I think could be pretty helpful for people in general. Think something helpful is missing from the document? Let me know!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10002538&postcount=536

New Q&As:
                                        A more concise description of the difficulty modes:
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Trainer Modes:
                                        Normal => boss trainers fight like in the official games, often having stupid sets.
                                        Challenge => like B2W2 challenge mode, maybe a little bit harder.
                                        Omega => Leaders have 6 Pokemon with more challenging sets. They use legendary Pokemon towards the end of the game.

Effort Values on Trainers:
                                        On => boss trainers use EVs
                                        Off => boss trainers don't use EVs, just like in the main games outside of battle facilities.

Note on items: trainers do not use items in battle whatsoever. You are welcome to make the same restriction onto yourself for perhaps fairer match ups.

What's the best difficulty mode for Nuzlockes?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        The easiest difficulty is based off of the official games, so I would go with that unless you want a good reason to hate me. :D

What do the seeds do i.e. Life Seed?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        They raise the IV of an individual stat by a couple of points. You can buy these seeds in the battle facilities such as the one in Rainbow Island.

How do I go to Rainbow Island?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        The vendor of the ticket to Rainbow Island is in the Celadon Condominiums, the other big building besides the department store.

How do I evolve Eevee into its other forms besides the original three?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        You'll find colored stones in the overworld in the Sevii Islands and Rainbow Island.

How can I get Floette's alternate form?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        While Floette's eternal form as well as its associated events are kind of finished in the game, it remains inaccessible as of 2.08.

Anyway to do something like a Wonderlocke?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Not a Wonderlocke exactly, but in Pewter City, there is a building called the Wonder Egg Shop where you can buy eggs that can hatch into any Pokemon in their first form besides legendaries.

EDIT: Also these:
                                        Does Aegislash have Stance Change?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Nope, I don't think Stance Change was figured out back during this hacks primary phases of development. Since Stance Change is absent, Aegislash was made to be an improved Doublade with the following attributes;

Base Stats
                                        HP: 60
                                        Attack: 150
                                        Defense: 150
                                        Sp. Atk: 45
                                        Sp. Def: 75
                                        Speed: 60

Ability; No Guard

Ridiculous? Game Freak Aegislash is also ridiculous. I wanted to keep that about it.

Does Archeops have Defeatist?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Nope. Here are its new stats:

HP: 70
                                        Attack: 125
                                        Defense: 59
                                        Sp. Atk: 102
                                        Sp. Def: 59
                                        Speed: 100

Ability: Run Away
                                          #545   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 4 Days Ago (8:43 AM).

I just finished up playing Kanto Black on Chaos mode and I had a real blast! I've noticed a few oddities like Mandibuzz and Hydreigon getting affected by sticky web despite being flying (levitating) Pokémon. Also, Helioptile doesn't have a cry inserted.

Thank you so much for an amazing ROM Hack!

#546   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 4 Days Ago (8:29 PM).
                                          Don't be like me!

Quote:
                                            I just finished up playing Kanto Black on Chaos mode and I had a real blast! I've noticed a few oddities like Mandibuzz and Hydreigon getting affected by sticky web despite being flying (levitating) Pokémon. Also, Helioptile doesn't have a cry inserted.

Thank you so much for an amazing ROM Hack!
                                            Awesome, glad you liked it! I've seen people get super frustrated with Chaos mode lol, so I'm very pleased to hear that you maintain positive feelings even after going through that. :P

Thank you, added those oddities to my log. I should be able to at least fix Helioptile's cry.
                                              #547   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 3 Days Ago (8:03 AM).
                                            Aspiring Hacker

Nature: Modest
                                              Will this still be updated?
                                                #548   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old 2 Days Ago (1:03 PM).
                                              Mystery Man Mystery Man is offline
                                              Don't be like me!

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Maximoff View Post
                                                Will this still be updated?
                                                I would like to someday, not sure when, but I don't think I'll be adding anything major other than maybe some more extensive postgame and maybe a few other conveniences for the main quest. And of course, bug fixes. I won't do anything that would make saves incompatible though.
                                                  #549   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old 2 Days Ago (5:10 PM).
                                                ablahblah987 ablahblah987 is offline

An extended postgame would be much appreciated but in any case, thank you Mystery Man for making this fun hack.
                                                    #550   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old 14 Hours Ago (11:01 AM).
                                                  Mystery Man Mystery Man is offline
                                                  Don't be like me!

Alright, so I have actually been making some progress in the last couple of days. Among the things I have done:
                                                    Spoiler:
                                                    - Removed the 10% stat boosts granted by the badges. Later generations stopped doing this and I also think this gives the player an unfair advantage. This will make the game more difficult, maybe to an even greater degree in the harder difficulties due to how speed works.

- Sticker guy's demands in Four Island are less ridiculous and more in-tune with the hack. 200+ link battles is no longer a requirement if you want all of his stickers, for example, and now measures the number of battle facilities you have conquered.

- For some of new NPCs, changed previously non-nonsensical, stupid text to maybe something even stupider.

- Paralysis and Burn damage have been updated to how generation 7's works.

Plans:
                                                    Spoiler:

*Difficult postgame dungeon with various legendaries and extremely powerful trainers, kind of like Sphere Ruins in Vega without the crazy puzzles.

*Double Battle island of which I will call, idk, Duo Island? Might give this island a gym that does not provide a badge, but instead a rare item.

*New difficulty setting: disable battle items. Already the opponents in this hack do not use items at all, so this restriction basically eliminates that advantage from the player. As far as difficulty ratings, since this raises the ceiling of it, I have added Legendary to the ratings to cover the new levels. So Legendary difficulty will be above Chaos (of which I am thinking of renaming to Elite so as to not make Legendary clearly overshadow Chaos)

Quick Reply