• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Pokémon Hangman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Super Pokémon Hangman

Hi everyone, and welcome to Pokémon Trivia's official "Hangman" game! Everything you'd expect from the previous thread is still pretty much the same, but we're starting over with a clean slate in hopes that the thread doesn't become too laggy!

How to Play

• The host of the puzzle will think of any Pokémon-related word/name/term for everyone else to guess.

• The selected word will be hidden as a series of lines (underscores) equal to the amount of letters in the answer. (ex: "Ash" would be hidden as _ _ _.)

• The other players can choose any letter, and ask if that letter is included in the answer. The host must respond to all guesses regarding whether or not they are correct.

• If a letter is guessed correctly, then all instances of that letter will be filled into the lines of the answer (in their appropriate positions).

• If a letter is wrong, then a strike will be added under the puzzle.

• At any time, a player may attempt to guess what the answer is. If they are incorrect, a strike will be added under the puzzle.

• If a player guesses the answer correctly, they can become the next host and make a new puzzle for everyone else. If they do not wish to be the host, then they can either choose a new host, or the first person who wishes to become the next host may step in.

Rules

• Only 8 strikes are allowed per puzzle. If a puzzle reaches 8 strikes, then the current host must reveal the answer. After that, they can either make a new puzzle and continue hosting, or they can choose a new host instead.

• Any number of players may take a guess before the host responds, but each player can only guess one letter at a time, until the host has responded.

• The host must re-post the current puzzle (with any appropriate letters filled in) each time they respond to guesses. The host must also record any strikes and previously attempted guesses under the puzzle.

• If necessary, the host may give hints or increase the maximum number of strikes at their own discretion. However, the host is not required to do this by any means.

• If there is a space between any words in the answer, then it must be shown as a hyphen symbol. (ex: "Lure Ball" would be hidden as _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _.)

• If the current host is inactive for at least two weeks, a new puzzle may be created. The first person who wishes to step in can become the new host.

• Feel free to casually chat about the game in this thread!

Example

Open the spoiler below to see how this game looks in action!

Spoiler:

Let's Begin!

Alright, everyone! With all of the explanations out of the way, I'll start off as our first host! Here's our first puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Guesses: <none>
Strikes: 0/8

Good luck, and have fun! ^^

Meadow

Years

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
In that case, I'm going to take a completely wild guess. ;)

Is it... Fletchinder? :D

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
In that case, I'm going to take a completely wild guess. ;)

Is it... Fletchinder? :D

AqqQywq.gif

IMPOSSIBLEEEEEEE ;__;

Just h-how on earth could you have seen through me like that...? N-not bad. The answer was indeed Fletchinder!

tumblr_n98bmwks1u1rpn9eno1_500.gif

Congratulations Ms. Attorney, you've won fair and square. Until next time, b-baka! The next puzzle is all yours! :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not impossible. How many Pokémon start with F, end with R and are 11 letters long? Feraligatr and Frogadier are too short, leaving the last remaining option. If anything you underestimated Clover or she knows you well, if not too well. Also going to preemptively say S to the next puzzle.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
Not impossible. How many Pokémon start with F, end with R and are 11 letters long? Feraligatr and Frogadier are too short, leaving the last remaining option. If anything you underestimated Clover or she knows you well, if not too well. Also going to preemptively say S to the next puzzle.

Haha, I was joking of course. I knew Clover would get it instantly because she does know me too well... xD

Hyzenthlay

Years
AqqQywq.gif

IMPOSSIBLEEEEEEE ;__;

Spoiler:

Heh... I may be transparent, but I'm not that predictable! xP (At least, not always!)

ME6.png

CodeHelmet said:

Ahaha, I wouldn't have put it past Revise to use a cute bird as his puzzle, that's all. xD

Anyway! Hopefully this puzzle throws you guys off, but knowing my history with this game, every letter you guess will be correct. xP

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Guesses:
Strikes:

Hyzenthlay

Years
I accidentally forgot Code's S, so I'll include that this time!

No N though! :P

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ S

Guesses: S, N
Strikes: 1/8

Meadow

Years
Let's see if there's an R in here! ^_^

Ahaha, I wouldn't have put it past Revise to use a cute bird as his puzzle, that's all. xD

Hehehe, and on top of that...

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

Years

Let's try... L!

Let's see if there's an R in here! ^_^

Out of those three, we only have one R!

_ _ _ R _ _ _ _ S

Guesses: S, N, E, R, L
Strikes: 3/8

Hehehe, and on top of that...
Spoiler:

Ahahah, clever. I should have noticed that.

Oh, true! I knew there was something nagging me about that puzzle... but I just put it down to Revise's transparency, ahaha. xP

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
It's not a Pokémon or a town unless Clover made a mistake. I thought at first it was Ninetales but the R ruined it and it's position also ruled out other possibilities. Can't be a move(since they're typically two words) so it's a person or perhaps a game or place that doesn't come to mind.

Give me an E

Hyzenthlay

Years
It's not a Pokémon or a town unless Clover made a mistake. I thought at first it was Ninetales but the R ruined it and it's position also ruled out other possibilities. Can't be a move(since they're typically two words) so it's a person or perhaps a game or place that doesn't come to mind.

Give me an E

E was already guessed. ;)

It's not a word you would expect, that's all I will say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back