• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon BW2 Menu

Years
why I can not access the Pokedex? I still accessible Pokedex if not used this script. please tell me how to fix it
sorry for bad english

I don't know whats your problem. you can access the pokedex like in bw2, simply by opening the bw2 menu. the only reason for not "seeing" the pokedex panel is that you didnt obtained it yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
I don't know whats your problem. you can access the pokedex like in bw2, simply by opening the bw2 menu. the only reason for not "seeing" the pokedex panel is that you didnt obtained it yet.
i obtained pokedex.
if i use this script, it will be like this picture
11251479_705999062879702_1137235793_n.jpg

if i delete this script, i can access the pokedex
Capture.PNG

Years
i obtained pokedex.

Capture.PNG

you obtained the pokedex. that doesnt mean, that you unlocked the different dexes. try using " pbUnlockDex(1) " as a script right after you obtained the dex.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2023
Uhhhh I have a problem...

Exception: TypeError
Menu B2/W2:333:in `&'
Menu B2/W2:333:in `update'
Menu B2/W2:170:in `pbMenuLoop'
Menu B2/W2:244:in `pbStartAnimation'
Menu B2/W2:135:in `pbStartScene'
Menu B2/W2:619:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:159:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

What's going on?
Why I can not access the menu? Use te Version 15.1 for Pokemon Essentials

Last edited:
Years
did you copied the prinatble version?
did you changed something in the script?
i don't think there are other options.

Years
i obtained pokedex.

Capture.PNG

ya so im getting this same error. I try it without the script and it works fine but then when use the script this happens, even when using the diff pbunlockdex commands. also i noticed if you click with the mouse on the pokedex and hit escape it close the menu as well, but if you open the pokedex with c and hit escape it brings you back to the menu

EDIT: so i seem to have found out the problem for the pokedex not working properly.
it seem you need to add this in red above this code at the beginning of the script

Code:
def pbStartScene

[COLOR="Red"]pbSetViableDexes[/COLOR]

@MenuScene=1; @frame=0; @frame2=0

@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
    @viewport.z=99999

for the menu closing problem it seems to only occur in the pokedex menu where you select which one you want, aka Johto, Kanto, National. It will exit the entire menu if you hit escape.
But if you're in the pokedex thats in its type, ex Kanto, and you hit escape it brings you back to the select the dex type menu

Last edited:

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
Found a bug when you press the x button manually instead of pressing Esc - it just hide the menu not closing it..

Years
Found a bug when you press the x button manually instead of pressing Esc - it just hide the menu not closing it..

could you please explain this more in detail? and i am 99% sure that there is no difference between the the X and ESC key. so its for both keys or for none. and i need footage/videos to understand what you are even talking about.

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
https://youtu.be/DVwrmeZbRKA
Here... As you can see the first time i used Esc button or Z button to exit, its Exit just fine. but the other times i manually move to
15xelxr.png
button and press it just hide the menu to transparent and not closing it.
I think this is just a tiny bug for a great script after all ^^

Years
https://youtu.be/DVwrmeZbRKA
Here... As you can see the first time i used Esc button or Z button to exit, its Exit just fine. but the other times i manually move to
15xelxr.png
button and press it just hide the menu to transparent and not closing it.
I think this is just a tiny bug for a great script after all ^^

FIXED EXIT-ENTER BUG!

update your script by using the updated code or update manually.

if you wish to upload manually:

after
Code:
when 7 #Quit
delete
Code:
self.quit
and add instead:
Code:
self.pbMenuClickExit
pbEndScene

Last edited: