• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Favorite shows at the moment

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Just not Pokemon or anime; I feel that would be too similar to other topics.

For me, I love documentaries or recreation shows on true events, and for whatever reason, I've been setting up to record every episode of Copycat Killers. Basically, recreations of real life serial killers, murders and crimes either directly inspired by media or eerily resembles it.

A lot of episodes really do horrify me, especially when the victims turn out to be wholly innocent and purely at the wrong place and wrong time. It could literally happen to anyone. And it's interesting to see the causes of what turns people into killers or how such people grow up; usually you get a sense there's something off about them from a very early age.

Some episodes stick with me for a very long time and I usually try to imagine where I was at the same time of the murder, if I was alive (there was only one episode of one that took place before my lifetime), and it's even more haunting to think what you were doing when someone else was going through all that.

And the most intense part is, I feel a lot of introverts, and even myself, once shared or continue to share many traits with these people who eventually succumb to such acts. A lot of it is our environment upon which we grow up; but I feel most people online (namely, introverts) could become killers if only the circumstances were a bit different. A little eerie as well, but interesting to explore.

My favorite manga is Berserk, so it's not like the dark nature of humanity really bothers me too much.

Your current favorites probably aren't as dark as mine.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i really like star vs the forces of evil, steven universe, my little pony: friendship is magic, littlest pet shop: a world of our own and a lot of shows on the tv channel investigation discovery that i can't think of right now. i also like the good doctor but that's on hiatus currently sadly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Agents of Shield follower here, from day one; very addicting. Runner-up is Gotham.

pkmin3033

Gotham is wonderful. It just gets more bizarre with each season and, AWFUL handling of Jerome aside, I've been enjoying it a lot this season. I guess Arrow would be my second place, although that hasn't hit the same highs it did with season 2...and probably won't now, since Deathstroke is well and truly out of it...again.

That's all I'm keeping up with right now. But I am blitzing my way through Voyager right now and enjoying that a lot. Not as good as The Next Generation, but significantly better than Deep Space Nine and Enterprise. I'm not sure what to make of Discovery...going to give it a little time before I go back to it.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I definitely think that Star Trek Discovery is worth watching.
Now I'm watching Lucifer, Stranger Things, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Suits.
I will need to check out the new Westworld as well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Lately I've been going through The Mindy Project. It's been on my list for a long time but for some reason I never felt like watching it, but I finally threw on one episode as a whim last month and I've been slowly marathoning it ever since. I really like it!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I gave Ash vs Evil Dead a chance since Sam Raimi who's work I generally like directed it. So far the show hasn't let me down mostly. It's a good horror-comedy show. I generally don't like horror-comedy but this has made me laugh a few times and creep me out as well.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Battlebots has become a big favorite too.

I haven't seen that since I was like 15.

The new seasons are great, but now I wish I could see those old ones again too.

Years
I'd say Riverdale, but it's honestly become a mess. The plot is way more over complicated than it should be and the characters seem to have lost all sense of rationality! They make such utterly rash decisions, it's ridiculous. However, I still love Cheryl, she's a certified badass.

13 Reasons Why is something I've been watching lately, too. However, the second season is a bit of a disappointment and I don't really like the direction it's going in. Ugh. First season was excellent, though, despite its criticism.

I know, I know, typical teenage girl shows. What can I say?

My all-time favourite shows that I'm not currently watching are: The Fosters, Violet Evergarden, & AOT. :)

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
As of right now, I am really into Elementary and Sense8. (I am so sad that Sense8 is ending. like *screams*) Between Elementary and BBC Sherlock, I love the former. Sherlock has just become progressively worse as it goes on. The writing is just horrible. Season 4 was just horribly written fanfiction. I like Elementary blurs the lines between Sherlock and Joan. It's defined and undefined at the same time. And their relationship seems healthier than Sherlock and John. Joan and Sherlock can actually operate and live as separate entities, while Sherlock and John can't survive without each other. John loses the thrill of the chase, and Sherlock just goes off the rails. Elementary can be slow though, and it took them awhile to really delve into Joan's background. BUT THEY ARE FINALLY DOING IT.

Sense8 just has tons of feels. There's just too much to go into.

For newer shows...idk...Lately, I have just been trying to find shows with LGBT+ representation. It's been better as of late...but still...could be better. I have been eyeing Black Lightning lately though. I'll get to it soon. Finals are over, so I finally have some time to actually BREATHE.

Last edited:
Years
Just finished watching the new seasons of 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale, the latter (as Ninetails) said has become a bit of a mess but I still enjoyed watching both. Westworld is what seriously gets me excited every week though, it's so beautifully crafted and usually always leaves us with a cliffhanger - the ending of last week's episode was mad.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
I recently fell back in love with Doctor Who after missing a couple years worth of episodes. It seems like a lot of people don't like what the show's been doing recently, but I still love it. I can't wait for Season 11!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Modern Doctor Who's a good show overall. Varies in quality though. From Heaven Sent tier to Kill the Moon tier. And later series has a little feminist crap in it but it's pretty minor. I hope series 11 focuses on the Doctor and not the gender of the Doctor.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I still like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic a lot (even though many friends of mine think season 8 is awful/weird O.o).

I also like The Big Fun Crafty Show on universal kids xD

Back